• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
  • OK item location question, perhaps rather silly but I am stumped.
    Supposedly there is a thunderstone on route 118 but I've been all over the place with my dowsing machine and nothing. I tried to Secret Super Training method but I CAN NOT conquer the damn probopass balloon, it's too hard! Plus you've got to have some muscle to last that long!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    OK item location question, perhaps rather silly but I am stumped.
    Supposedly there is a thunderstone on route 118 but I've been all over the place with my dowsing machine and nothing. I tried to Secret Super Training method but I CAN NOT conquer the damn probopass balloon, it's too hard! Plus you've got to have some muscle to last that long!

The Thunderstone on Route 118 can only be obtained by winning a re-match with Guitarist Dalton, and it's only a 5% chance that he will give it to you.

The only Thunderstone that you can pick up is in New Mauville.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Protect still has a reduced 33% of failing

Actually it has a 50% chance of failing: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/King's_Shield_(move)

OK item location question, perhaps rather silly but I am stumped.

You can also go explore all the water routes with their various islands, dive spots and mirage spots as you can also get a Yellow Shard which you can trade to the guy in the house on an island west of Mossdeep City. https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/yellowshard.shtml

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does the DexNav work differently or something when underwater? Because I've hit the search button (for Relicanth) like 30 times now and it hasn't detected anything. On land it often doesn't pick up on something immediately and you have to hit the search button a few times in different spots before something shows up, but 30ish times in a row? Something's gotta be up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was referring to Protect, which drops by a third success rate each consecutive each (King's Shield/Detect/Quick Guard, etc. all apply)

The link specifically referred to not only Protect but ALL the moves you mentioned, they ALL have a 50% drop each time you use the same move in a row or any of the other moves in combinaton:

King's Shield 50% drop: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/King's_Shield_(move)
    Protect 50% Drop: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Protect_(move)
    Detect 50% drop: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Detect_(move)
    Quick Guard 50% drop: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Quick_Guard_(move)

Protect 50% drop: https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/127204/what-are-the-chances-of-protect-failing

Protect 50% drop: https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/protect.shtml
    King's Shield 50% drop

Where are you reading it drops by 1/3?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does the DexNav work differently or something when underwater? Because I've hit the search button (for Relicanth) like 30 times now and it hasn't detected anything. On land it often doesn't pick up on something immediately and you have to hit the search button a few times in different spots before something shows up, but 30ish times in a row? Something's gotta be up.

The DexNav works the same underwater as it does on land. You're just unlucky. Just because you KOed a target doesn't mean the DexNav will react. Just walk 20 steps and try again.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I know how pokebank works. But after I place my pokemon to the pokebank, then transfer pokemon(s) with level that matches the badge requirement, but same OT as XY to my ORAS. Will my pokemon obey me (in my case, I transfer a level 20 pokemon, but I got only 1 gym badge)

Is it consider illegal to transfer Latios/Latias ORAS to XY with their respective mega stone?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I know how pokebank works. But after I place my pokemon to the pokebank, then transfer pokemon(s) with level that matches the badge requirement, but same OT as XY to my ORAS. Will my pokemon obey me (in my case, I transfer a level 20 pokemon, but I got only 1 gym badge)

Is it consider illegal to transfer Latios/Latias ORAS to XY with their respective mega stone?

1. If the Pokemon has a different OT and ID than the trainer, it will obey at level 20, but once it gets to 21, it will start to disobey.

2. I don't know. I'm actually curious myself now if it will work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

1. If the Pokemon has a different OT and ID than the trainer, it will obey at level 20, but once it gets to 21, it will start to disobey.

2. I don't know. I'm actually curious myself now if it will work.

I believe that you cannot have PKMN hold items if you put them in the bank. If they do have any held items, they'll (the items) automatically be placed back in your character's bag. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Why would it be illegal? Their mega forms are in X and Y, so it must be legal.

So as a matter of curiousity, is it possible to finish the game without every obtaining the bike? The final credits start with your character on a bike, so if you never got it would they still be on the bike (likely the y would) or is there a point in the game that you MUST have gotten the bike before you can finish the game?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Is there any way to check the exact EV/IV values of a pokemon? Id like to know what my 6th imperfect IV stat is and what my exact EV levels are as I super train but the diagram is a bit vague.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there any way to check the exact EV/IV values of a pokemon? Id like to know what my 6th imperfect IV stat is and what my exact EV levels are as I super train but the diagram is a bit vague.

Yes, just not in game. The IV Checker gives you sayings for it's highest IVs, but unless you're looking for 31, you need to look up online to decipher what ranges the sayings actually mean. The easiest way is to simply get 100 Rare Candies (and if you've got an account on the PGL you can cash in your Pokemiles and gets items for half price you can get them for in game, including Rare Candy) save, level up to 100 and run the stats through an online IV calculator and it will tell you exactly what your IVs are in every stat, then just reset and you have all your rare candies back and at the pokemon is at the original level it was at before you started checking.

EVs, also no, however if you have a reset bag in the Super Training section, save your game, use the Reset Bag and when it brings all your stats down to 0 you will see exactly how many EVs all your stats had. Then just reset and you have them all back again.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yes, just not in game. The IV Checker gives you sayings for it's highest IVs, but unless you're looking for 31, you need to look up online to decipher what ranges the sayings actually mean. The easiest way is to simply get 100 Rare Candies (and if you've got an account on the PGL you can cash in your Pokemiles and gets items for half price you can get them for in game, including Rare Candy) save, level up to 100 and run the stats through an online IV calculator and it will tell you exactly what your IVs are in every stat, then just reset and you have all your rare candies back and at the pokemon is at the original level it was at before you started checking.

EVs, also no, however if you have a reset bag in the Super Training section, save your game, use the Reset Bag and when it brings all your stats down to 0 you will see exactly how many EVs all your stats had. Then just reset and you have them all back again. But I could be wrong though, since I've never used the Battle Institute method to know my 'mons' IVs. :/

I believe you can use the Battle Institute to see what IVs your level 1 'mons have, since in there, your 'mons levels will temporarily be increased to 50.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I believe you can use the Battle Institute to see what IVs your level 1 'mons have, since in there, your 'mons levels will temporarily be increased to 50.

yeah but even at level 50 there are lots of pokemon that IV calculators will say 30-31 or sometimes even 26 - 31, so by the time you get up to level 100 a stat that was initially thought of as 31 could turn out to be 30 or whatever.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    yeah but even at level 50 there are lots of pokemon that IV calculators will say 30-31 or sometimes even 26 - 31, so by the time you get up to level 100 a stat that was initially thought of as 31 could turn out to be 30 or whatever.

I'm aware. But wouldn't the IV Judge help us know which stat is 31 and which isn't? Assuming that a stat is 30-31, and the IV Judge didn't mention that stat, then perhaps it's 30. ^^
    The problem would be on the stats below 30. >.>

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm aware. But wouldn't the IV Judge help us know which stat is 31 and which isn't? Assuming that a stat is 30-31, and the IV Judge didn't mention that stat, then perhaps it's 30. ^^
    The problem would be on the stats below 30. >.>

Precisely, the stats below 30. I am currently hatchings eggs and even at level 60 my IV spread is as follows:
    Hp: 26 - 31
    Att: 26 - 31
    Def: 30 - 31
    Sp Att: 30 - 31
    Sp Def: 30 - 31
    Speed: 30 - 31 and it's a Sp Attacker so Att is indeed the one I want to be missing so rather than mucking around with all the battle this and whatever that, just spend a couple minutes to level everything up to level 100 and I have the exact stats of everything immediately with absolutely no room for guessing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back