• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm well aware... And I do know that Infiltrator Chandelure was released in XY with the Friend Safari. Just saying it's kinda sad that Shadow Tag never saw the light of day, but we do have Gothitelle for that now.

Years
    Got a disappointing Latios... Lax Latios... To try for a better Lati, should I be saving before that spoilerific "encounter" ?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Got a disappointing Latios... Lax Latios... To try for a better Lati, should I be saving before that spoilerific "encounter" ?

It's better to save right before you walk up to the Lati in the deep part of Southern Island. The battle with Team Magma/Aqua, you receiving the Lati and leaving Southern Island happen in succession without giving you the chance to save.

Years
    This is all i need:
    I caught a tyrogue and then fed it 3 protiens to try and make its atk and defense equal. Here are its stats currently:
    Level 21
    Hp 48
    Atk 22
    Def 24
    Satk 21
    Sdef 22
    Spd 22
    Calm nature
    Guts ability
    No item

Here is my questions, how many more proteins and/or Irons do i need to feed it so that when i feed it a rare candy it will evolve into a hitmontop?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Yes, and not only that but you can save in the same "room" that Latios/Latias is in, the automatic encounter doesn't start until you get around halfway in there. Secondly, if you have a pokemon with the nature you want and the Synchronize ability at the head of the party, the Lati in that particular encounter will have the nature 100% of the time. All other legendary pokemon only get the nature this way 50% of the time. (and yes, you can use synchronize pokemon to get the other legendaries to have the nature you want as well)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Here is my questions, how many more proteins and/or Irons do i need to feed it so that when i feed it a rare candy it will evolve into a hitmontop?
    Wouldn't it be the easiest, if you just saved, gave it a Rare Candy, check how the stats are on the next level, reset, give it a couple of Proteins and do the whole process over again? That would be easer than hoping somebody actually knows how EVs distribute during levelup processes. Especially on lower levels it can be really difficult to calculate how many EVs are needed in order to get a stat to a certain height.

Trial and error is still your best bet, as long as you don't want to breed a Tyrouge with perfect IVs in Attack and Defense.

Years
    Wouldn't it be the easiest, if you just saved, gave it a Rare Candy, check how the stats are on the next level, reset, give it a couple of Proteins and do the whole process over again? That would be easer than hoping somebody actually knows how EVs distribute during levelup processes. Especially on lower levels it can be really difficult to calculate how many EVs are needed in order to get a stat to a certain height.

Trial and error is still your best bet, as long as you don't want to breed a Tyrouge with perfect IVs in Attack and Defense.

Oh yeah, didnt think about that, lol. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

That wouldn't be easier though, because you get the stats as soon as you get the EVs, they just don't show up as much at lower levels as they would at higher levels. (it's not like older pokemon games where EVs are put into a stat and THEN at level up you get the stat bonus) and since Tyrogue has base 35 in every stat, if your Att is 2 points lower than your Def at level 10, it's still going to be (likely) 2 points lower than your defense at level up because all it's stats will grow at the same rate relative to each other (although through actual level up each stat may only raise by 1 or 3, depending on what level it is because not every stat raises by the same amount every level for every pokemon species necessarily)

Edit: Honestly the easiest thing is to just horde train. 50 EVs every single battle (maximum, if you do the power items and pokerus) so just save before each battle (so you don't go over accidentally) and then use a rare candy when your Att/Def is at the correct balance you want with each other.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    That wouldn't be easier though, because you get the stats as soon as you get the EVs, they just don't show up as much at lower levels as they would at higher levels. (it's not like older pokemon games where EVs are put into a stat and THEN at level up you get the stat bonus) and since Tyrogue has base 35 in every stat, if your Att is 2 points lower than your Def at level 10, it's still going to be (likely) 2 points lower than your defense at level up because all it's stats will grow at the same rate relative to each other (although through actual level up each stat may only raise by 1 or 3, depending on what level it is because not every stat raises by the same amount every level for every pokemon species necessarily)
    While it's true in terms of EVs, don't forget that the IVs are not the same. At a levelup there's a potential bonus in one stat but not the other one because of a differense of the IVs in both, which is an important factor to know beforehand.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    So, while bored at work, I decided to roam around bulbapedia and go read some stuff. I got to the glitch page, and was kinda surprised to see that there's a Generation 6 section. I haven't read that new section yet, so I gave it a read. I read this glitch and was kinda surprised though.
    Evolving Wailmer Surf glitch
    If a Surfing Wailmer evolves due to experience gained from catching or defeating a Pokémon encountered by use of a Rod, the game will freeze.
    While I was still finishing the main story of Omega Ruby, I was using a Wailmer to surf around. I sure am glad that I always kept the Exp. Share off and didn't bother leveling Wailmer up. Then again, I haven't tried fishing while surfing yet. o.o

I am simply curious if anyone else encountered this bug.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So, while bored at work, I decided to roam around bulbapedia and go read some stuff. I got to the glitch page, and was kinda surprised to see that there's a Generation 6 section. I haven't read that new section yet, so I gave it a read. I read this glitch and was kinda surprised though.

While I was still finishing the main story of Omega Ruby, I was using a Wailmer to surf around. I sure am glad that I always kept the Exp. Share off and didn't bother leveling Wailmer up. Then again, I haven't tried fishing while surfing yet. o.o

I am simply curious if anyone else encountered this bug.

I haven't however this makes me curious, does this mean Wailord is one of the pokemon that appear on the overworld when using Surf? (Like Sharpedo or Kyogre?) Cause if Wailmer does not appear but Wailord does, that could make sense

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Is it possible to get the shiny charm without the as yet unreleased Hoopa and Volcanion?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    can the ds game cartridge for pokemon alpha sapphire store a eon ticket?

I borrowed the alpha sapphire game from my friend for the week, after a while i received an eon ticket from my cousin, what i want to know is that even though i played the game on my ds and received the eon ticket on my ds, when i give him back the game, will he automatically get the eon ticket as well?

p.s he is really jealous about it and is willing to trade a shiney 6iv ho-oh for it

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I borrowed the alpha sapphire game from my friend for the week, after a while i received an eon ticket from my cousin, what i want to know is that even though i played the game on my ds and received the eon ticket on my ds, when i give him back the game, will he automatically get the eon ticket as well?

p.s he is really jealous about it and is willing to trade a shiney 6iv ho-oh for it

It depends. If I read your post correctly, if you got the EON Ticket via Streetpass and accessed it in game and now have it in your Key Items bag, then yes, they will still have it in their game. IF however you got the EON Ticket via street pass but did NOT access it in game (or you did access it but didn't save or whatever, just saying for the sake of clarity) then the game will not have the EON ticket, it will still be in your streetpass data on your SD card waiting for a game to access it.

Years
    So I was just battling a Sableye in the Cave of Origin, and it used Knock Off on my Scizor, which had a Sitrus Berry, but it didn't show the message stating that my item was knocked off. Anything that happened there?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Misty Terrain protects pokemon on the ground from status ailments, so if used after pokemon on the ground are already infected with a status ailment will Misty Terrain cure them? (the same way abilities cure status ailments if they are acquired through skill swap or whatever after the pokemon gets a status ailment)

Years
    Misty Terrain protects pokemon on the ground from status ailments, so if used after pokemon on the ground are already infected with a status ailment will Misty Terrain cure them? (the same way abilities cure status ailments if they are acquired through skill swap or whatever after the pokemon gets a status ailment)

According to Bulbapedia, it only prevents status ailments. I read nothing about Misty Terrain curing status ailments, so it's like Safeguard in the sense that it only prevents status ailments.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    According to Bulbapedia, it only prevents status ailments. I read nothing about Misty Terrain curing status ailments, so it's like Safeguard in the sense that it only prevents status ailments.

Read a few other pokemon move sources, and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't heal status ailments, apparently it also weakens dragon type moves to 0.5 x their power. Just throwing that extra effect out there!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back