• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I barely ever report anything heh. I just never really stumble over anything that requires reporting lmao.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Haha I don't think there are any PA regulars that would be mods tbh. Best to just pick a responsible person with a mild interest in the anime and have them watch over it and do my bidding

Years
Haha I don't think there are any PA regulars that would be mods tbh. Best to just pick a responsible person with a mild interest in the anime and have them watch over it and do my bidding

I think you'd look cool in bold blue lol

As for where I report, it's most often in Forum Games, Pokemon Trivia, New Users / Welcome and some of the Pokemon sections. Most are usually for thread revival or in the case with FG and PT, posts not obeying the 4/25 rule.

Sometimes I may report in a few sections if I find a thread that doesn't belong there.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'll report anything breaking the rules when I see it. Growing up I've always had an interest in helping people so that's my way of helping the staff out.

Most of the time I report in the other chat forum since that's the forum I frequent the most.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't really... check for things. I'll just end up reading a post and just being like "ok there is something terribly wrong here". In PA itself, it's usually thread revival. In Episode Discussion though... always, always, always off-topic posting.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't report much. I can never find the button. @_@;;; It legitimately took me like 5 minutes to find it the first time I found something amiss after quitting staff, urgh.

So I tend to only report if it's something no one has noticed for a few days or its in a forum that no one checks very often. Otherwise I tend to just assume the mod of a given forum will find the post... which I probably shouldn't because reports are really helpful but oh well. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Team Fail said:
Oh gosh I nab a ton of those too. It's really bad in Rom Hacking too.
ew I can imagine D:

Lightning said:
I don't report much. I can never find the button. @_@;;; It legitimately took me like 5 minutes to find it the first time I found something amiss after quitting staff, urgh.

So I tend to only report if it's something no one has noticed for a few days or its in a forum that no one checks very often. Otherwise I tend to just assume the mod of a given forum will find the post... which I probably shouldn't because reports are really helpful but oh well. :P
sorry I still think it's funny that you can't find the report button. xD; even though I forget where it is half the time and totally understand why haha

also I'm really dumb tonight and was thinking "oh are reports really that helpful?" but then I actually thought about that and uh duh yeah they are wow maybe I should sleep

Cherrim

Years

I've seen some posts slip through, so I'll like, nudge a report or even a VM if it's left too long. Otherwise, I know where the report button is on any style I use. It's like I get to know the style and use the style while browsing PC. lmao
Sometimes I feel really dumb about not being able to find the button since I literally haven't changed my theme in like 6 years... but then I remember I was pretty much staff for those 6 years so I had no reason to know where it was. :/ I should've predicted this and uploaded a really obnoxious report button for the Cherrim theme before quitting so I'd see it every time. :P
ew I can imagine D:

sorry I still think it's funny that you can't find the report button. xD; even though I forget where it is half the time haha

also I'm really dumb tonight and was thinking "oh are reports really that helpful?" but then I actually thought about that and uh duh yeah they are wow maybe I should sleep
I had no reason to know where it was. T_T;;

They're usually useful but they can be annoying/pointless too. They aren't overly helpful if it's a really obvious thing--like a thread totally in the wrong section or a duplicate thread and so on. Usually on a cursory check of the forum everyday, a mod will find that right away. If the post is nestled away in a thread, though? It might not be caught by anyone but regulars of that thread. Mods can't be expected to keep up with literally every thing that is posted in their forum in a given day, especially with some of the really active boards, so reporting things that are amiss within threads is a godsend since it lets staff get to things much faster than they would if it was just up to them to notice themselves.

Reporting is also more useful if the forum has no mods because unless one or more hstaff has a vested interest in the forum, they probably aren't checking on a daily basis it if it's modless. u_u

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
They're usually useful but they can be annoying/pointless too. They aren't overly helpful if it's a really obvious thing--like a thread totally in the wrong section or a duplicate thread and so on. Usually on a cursory check of the forum everyday, a mod will find that right away. If the post is nestled away in a thread, though? It might not be caught by anyone but regulars of that thread. Mods can't be expected to keep up with literally every thing that is posted in their forum in a given day, especially with some of the really active boards, so reporting things that are amiss within threads is a godsend since it lets staff get to things much faster than they would if it was just up to them to notice themselves.

Reporting is also more useful if the forum has no mods because unless one or more hstaff has a vested interest in the forum, they probably aren't checking on a daily basis it if it's modless. u_u
Oh that makes sense. Like I know I see every single post that goes through PA because I stalk it but there's really no legit way for someone to do that in here or FG or whatever. But do there tend to be a lot of duplicate reports? Like four people reporting the same thing? Oh also I've always wondered: does PC screw up sometimes and double-report like it double-posts?

Cherrim

Years
Duplicate reports aren't that annoying... not anymore. For a long time the report system was in like a half-broken state and you'd have to close each one individually but so long as people are reporting the exact same post, if you close one report it automatically gets rid of all the others. (It's super annoying when two people are having a flamewar and everyone reports a different post since then you have to close each one individually...) Generally it's not a big deal. :P

I can't decide if this post needs to be in past tense or not. ?_?

Years

Ah yes the hellhole known as Emulation. I'd never report there because I suck in ROM hacking knowledge, similar reason for Game Development too. The only times I even report in those two sections is if a dead thread is revived.

Sometimes I even report a bit in Community Questions & Feedback.

Fourth Generation Gaming has also been swamped with RMT/Team Help threads and question threads lately, both of which don't belong there. Nathan (Curious.) even had to make an announcement that he may have to start punishing those who don't post questions in the 4th Gen Help Thread.

Fifth Generation Gaming tends to sometimes be subject to that as well, and I love reporting those question and RMT/Team Help threads because I know they don't fit there.

I know New Users / Welcome really well so I'd send a report very quickly if I find a thread that's not an intro.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
@Cherrim Ohh okay. Yeah gosh it sounds like it was a mess but it's nice that that got sorted out! :D OH ANOTHER THING I WONDER how much does the reason field for reports usually help?

edit: wow i actually put @Cherrim down??? hahahahaha

Cherrim

Years
@Cherrim Ohh okay. Yeah gosh it sounds like it was a mess but it's nice that that got sorted out! :D OH ANOTHER THING I WONDER how much does the reason field for reports usually help?

edit: wow i actually put @Cherrim down??? hahahahaha
hahahaha wow I don't think I've even done that anywhere before :P

The reason is displayed right beside the post in question with the same amount of space given to both, so it's arguably pretty important. But you don't need to write a novel unless you think there's a reason to explain why the post makes you uncomfortable. So like, if it's a thread revival, those two words are all you need in the reason field. If it's an inflammatory remark that is dubious as to whether it follows the rules or not, a longer explanation might be needed so that the staff member who deals with it can figure out why you reported it--sometimes it's not always obvious and if that's the case, it could be closed without a second thought if extenuating circumstances or backgrounds aren't explained. (If it's a duplicate thread, a link to the thread it's a duplicate of is always appreciated.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back