• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
  • I want to read the manga so badly too akladnakflmcc

Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Winter

Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    I suspect him too. And Netto did say something earlier that might be of note. :v So yeah, he's the one I suspect the most.

Airi being Kayo did cross my mind at one point but that really doesn't seem to be true because, well, they're treated as separate persons. We now even have her separate backstory - that clears all doubts, surely? :p

Newest episode wasn't as sharp as the ones before it, tbh. Visually speaking, of course. It felt relatively, hmm, "normal". Like your average anime episode. Doesn't mean it is bad or anything but...compared to the episodes that preceded it, it definitely felt like a watered down version somehow. Plus, the content itself too - episode 5 had one expected thing happening after another - just didn't surprise me with anything so that's another thing to note.

Still, easily my favorite ongoing series if you disregard Haikyuu and Gintama. So here's to hope it stays that way. Oh, and apparently this has shot upto top 10 on MAL. Overtook Gintama's first season to take the tenth spot. :p Doubt it'll stay there for long, though - you know, if the rumors of this series taking a bad turn later on are to be believed.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I suspect him too. And Netto did say something earlier that might be of note. :v So yeah, he's the one I suspect the most.

Airi being Kayo did cross my mind at one point but that really doesn't seem to be true because, well, they're treated as separate persons. We now even have her separate backstory - that clears all doubts, surely? :p

Newest episode wasn't as sharp as the ones before it, tbh. Visually speaking, of course. It felt relatively, hmm, "normal". Like your average anime episode. Doesn't mean it is bad or anything but...compared to the episodes that preceded it, it definitely felt like a watered down version somehow. Plus, the content itself too - episode 5 had one expected thing happening after another - just didn't surprise me with anything so that's another thing to note.

Still, easily my favorite ongoing series if you disregard Haikyuu and Gintama. So here's to hope it stays that way. Oh, and apparently this has shot upto top 10 on MAL. Overtook Gintama's first season to take the tenth spot. :p Doubt it'll stay there for long, though - you know, if the rumors of this series taking a bad turn later on are to be believed.

Yea there's no doubt haha. I didn't think they were actually the same person, just the first thing that popped into my head when it happened :p

Pretty impressive that it's jumped up so much so quickly. Not too surprising because, if nothing else, it keeps you in suspense. Makes you want to tune in each week and keeps you wanting more (at least it does for me). Even if it does disappoint in the end, it was a gripping journey for sure, in spite of the destination ^^

~Einstein_Paradox

Anyting is relative
    Years
  • I really like this anime , keeps you in constant suspense and excitement . In my opinion it is the best of the season.
    Be strong satoru, you can do it! (?)

derozio

Years
  • LOL it took me until now to realize why this series was called The Town Where Only "I" Am Missing.
    Same here, man. Same here. XD; Could only get it once I read the latest chapter. I always wondered why they called it ERASED in english and how it just didn't sound as amazing as BokuDake did. But man, both the titles work equally well!

Either way, I'm up to date with the manga. So I'll refrain from any spoilers. Anything you read below here will be free of spoilers. But if you're one of those that call any remotely vague piece of info a spoiler then just refrain from reading ahead.

I'll say one thing - the TWIST that happens close to chapter 34-35 in the manga that a lot of people were calling a shite direction choice is one that, ultimately, makes a lot of sense. I was worried that I will reach a part of the story that'll later let me down and that's the reason I read the manga in the first place.

But fret not, anime watchers. The story is well-written. There may be moments where you'd go "really? we already sort of saw that coming!", yes, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the story, in general, doesn't exactly have a lot of those so called "plot holes" or inconsistencies. So it is safe to say that the enjoyable ride that most of us are having right now will continue being enjoyable till the very end.

The only minor gripe I have with the series is that, as of yet (even till the latest chapter), the time travel concept isn't touched upon much outside of it being used as a convenient plot-driving mechanism. Which is fine in itself, really, but just having that extra bit of info about it would've made the series just that much more admirable in my eyes. We still have a few chapters left before it ends though, so here's to hope we get some info on that soon.

There are some really nice details in episodes that only manga readers will be able to appreciate for now. But you all can go back and watch it when you finish it to have your mind blown. :D

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

THIS IS GETTING HAWT

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
  • I rewatched that scene where the time stops and we see raindrops in slow motion like 4-5 times. Am I the only one who did that?! XD; It was such a well done sequence, damn. <3;

This keeps getting better and better. Airi best girl and Satoru mom best mom. Satoru mom best mom of the year. <3;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The last two episodes felt pretty weak to me, relatively. I don't like the present stuff compared to the past.

I like my murder mystery and thriller, but it's pretty typical and nothing exceptional here, the show turned into a standard whodunnit, and it's not exactly thrilling either. The direction feels really weak too, and a lot of scenes just comes across as melodramatic. The red eyes are really silly, and the culprit is portrayed like some sort of comic book villain than an actual person, and the whole thing lacks subtlety. What I don't like in particular is all the amount of potential suspect piling up, it makes the whole thing incoherent and hard to follow.

It's not to say its bad per se, but it's just disappointing after how excellent the past episodes were.

I mean...Satoru has a damn alibi. There's so many ways to prove his innocence the police have to be incredibly incompetent.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
  • The last two episodes felt pretty weak to me, relatively. I don't like the present stuff compared to the past.

I like my murder mystery and thriller, but it's pretty typical and nothing exceptional here, the show turned into a standard whodunnit, and it's not exactly thrilling either. The direction feels really weak too, and a lot of scenes just comes across as melodramatic. The red eyes are really silly, and the culprit is portrayed like some sort of comic book villain than an actual person, and the whole thing lacks subtlety. What I don't like in particular is all the amount of potential suspect piling up, it makes the whole thing incoherent and hard to follow.

It's not to say its bad per se, but it's just disappointing after how excellent the past episodes were.

I mean...Satoru has a damn alibi. There's so many ways to prove his innocence the police have to be incredibly incompetent.
    That's true, tbh. I did say that "this keeps getting better and better" but it was referring more to the story itself (which I discuss in the following paragraphs) than the direction. I felt like the last two episodes lacked the spark that the first 4 episodes had. I discussed it with a friend of mine and he chalked it up as nothing but the fact that the "element of mystery had slightly died down" so that's probably it. I, though, felt like there was clear difference in the way the episodes were being directed. The initial episodes felt really well-directed. Current ones, not so much.

Red eyes are just cringe-worthy. I don't know who thought they'd be a good idea. >_>

As for Satoru being able to be proven innocent - the anime left out a crucial detail. In the manga, Satoru has an argument with his mom a few days prior to the murder. And the neighbour who finds him with bloody hands was the one who saw him argue and then later leave the house in a hurry. That scene was entirely omitted out of the anime - crucial to pin him as the prime suspect, really. There's no escape if you have a person testify to something like that AND then his fingerprints being on the knife + the blood on him.

As for the story itself, well yeah. It isn't anything exceptional. But I liked the overall story. It might seem slightly messy now but I personally found it to be a satisfying experience when I got to the more recent parts of the manga. They still haven't explained jackshit about the time-travel aspect though and that is slightly disappointing but...the story itself is pretty cool since they tie most of the loose ends pretty nicely.

Here's to hope the anime team gets their drift back and directs the episodes as sharply as they did the initial ones.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I rewatched that scene where the time stops and we see raindrops in slow motion like 4-5 times. Am I the only one who did that?! XD; It was such a well done sequence, damn. <3;

This keeps getting better and better. Airi best girl and Satoru mom best mom. Satoru mom best mom of the year. <3;

That scene gave me chills. Like seriously. I usually don't like doing the whole re-watching a scene over and over again, but this was just so intense I couldn't help it. It was so unexpected and the fact that he's literally right there, and Satoru's helpless to do a thing about it...love it <3

The last two episodes felt pretty weak to me, relatively. I don't like the present stuff compared to the past.

I definitely noticed a change in the pace and tone in the present arc, but to me it feels a bit different from your typical whodunnit since time travel and alternate timelines is a factor. I just wish they were a bit more consistent with it. Like I figured since the present arc only lasted for one episode the first time (episode 1), it would be the same thing this time, but instead we spent 2 episodes in the present (episode 5 and episode 6). Maybe that's just nitpicking, but all in all it just feels like there's no clear direction on whether this is a murder mystery or a supernatural time travel thriller, it's just hopping from one to the other. But I like both aspects of it, so I don't have too many complaints there. At least we know we're going back to the past in the next episode ^^

And yea, that's always bugged me too. They've really got nothing on him. If he gets a half-decent lawyer they've got no chance of charging him with anything :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love this series, even if the pace has changed a bit. All in all, I'm excited to see the time leaps, even if I prefer the part of the story where he's younger. I've kinda realized why, and Derozio covered it pretty well.

As for Satoru being able to be proven innocent - the anime left out a crucial detail. In the manga, Satoru has an argument with his mom a few days prior to the murder. And the neighbour who finds him with bloody hands was the one who saw him argue and then later leave the house in a hurry. That scene was entirely omitted out of the anime - crucial to pin him as the prime suspect, really. There's no escape if you have a person testify to something like that AND then his fingerprints being on the knife + the blood on him.
    THAT.
    THAT RIGHT THERE.
    I have not read the manga, and I thought it was really exaggerated that he's going through all this shit, just because he was there and had blood on his hands. Yes, in Japan the justice system is harsh and likes to do the whole "guilty until proven innocent, but its not likely lol" a lot, but what messed with me was more that the neighbor screamed and assumed he did it. After Satoru and his mom had seemingly a pretty good relationship up until this point. No idea why they would've left the argument out of the anime, because I feel like that would've cleared up a lot of his for me earlier on.

Unless they are going to mention that detail eventually. ??

Other than, love this anime, and I'm still excited to see where it goes. I think it's horrible that Kayo still died, and I want to punch her mother in the face multiple times. If he goes back in time again I wonder if it'll be far enough to where he can try to help her again, or if it'll still be afterwards and he's gonna shift his aim to Yuuki and the killer.

Winter

Years
  • I found the past two episodes fine. Although I agree that the setup to Satoru's neighbour's accusations didn't have a clean execution, and I too wonder if they will supplement that detail through some flashbacks or in Satoru's trial. In any case, Satoru dug himself deeper by running away from the murder scene.

I disagree on the whole direction issue people have been raising up though. Y'all drunk I think it's crystal clear that it's a murder mystery with just a side-element of the supernatural.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Oh man oh man, I'm going to be on pins and needles until the next episode comes out.

19:39

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't want to believe it was him. He seems like such a nice guy. :( Although it does seem to make the most sense right now. :x God I hate waiting.

Back