• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    II just finished my Wonderlocke so should see about doing my Random Pokemon Challenge that I asked Pokemon for like... months ago before the summer of challenges. Maybe even pick up Alpha Sapphire so I have one more game for challenges as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I need to finish mine, too. My Wonderlocke and the Random I started last summer. :P Haha. I have a lot to do with moving out in a week though. But then I'll be smooth sailing. :)

Years
  • That's something that I know other forums have had implemented, so it's not surprising they'd do the same here. Although I liked when they had different pictures...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    guys we're chalengers now.

I do like the idea of there being different images. maybe it'll be implemented later?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm going to make it up all nice, I'm just pretty swamped right now with my thesis at school. I just wanted to have a proper splash again instead of a random image I found.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • The thingy at thetop is stretching the page for me D:
    But it DOES look awesome!

here you go

Oh, I didn't even notice to be honest. I know that's kind of silly but I've had my head so stuck in my 3DS' screen that I hadn't even looked at the main forum listing. That is pretty neat, I'm sure it'll add some eye candy to the area.

Also, there's no better feeling than finishing something. It took a few months but I completed the ultimate solo Pokemon challenge. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do next. I guess it's back to surfing through challenges till one catches my eye again.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey guys, just posted the first part of the summer event stuff! I hope you guys enjoy it. If you have any questions about it or anything, I won't have internet in my new apartment (omg I will show you guys a picture of my shelf y'all will love it!!) until Thursday, but I will try to hop on my phone as much as I can to answer anything that comes up. Really hope you all decide to play it! I'm pretty excited about it. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ahhhhh this looks amazing! and post-game whichmeans i don't have to hurry and finishone of my current challenges yess definitely signing up ♥

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    The Ash Ketchum Challenge / Story of my Game

New user, so go easy!

I need to get through LeafGreen (to get a Suicune for my Generation III Dex's) and I have a new blank SoulSilver. I am also a big fan of the anime, so to avoid my usual boring style of taking my starter through the whole game, making it a really high level, and using legends I thought I'd try something different, although I'm sure others will have done this before.

I plan to play it like the anime. So catching Ash's team in order, using the same teams for gym battles, only ever using basic Poke Balls and transferring the Pokemon forward to SoulSilver. Then probably onto OR or AS once I own them.

Has anyone ever tried or done this before? I'll have to use Action Replay to catch a few Pokemon in areas which Ash did but the games don't allow, and to get a shiny Noctowl but I don't see myself needing it too often.

Years
  • Hey, quick question - are Rare Candies going to be allowed in the summer theme challenges? Because I know they weren't in the GT challenge last year, and I have over 70 on my main White 2 version that I could use (although I obviously wouldn't use all of them) with over 100 levels before my entire team is Level 70, which I want to get to before I take on the league. Thanks!

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • I really like the event! I wonder what the next theme is going to be. But for this week I probably will end it om the last day. Yeah I'mthat sort of person. I have homework you know. Wich I also have to do now. ;_;

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    New user, so go easy!

I need to get through LeafGreen (to get a Suicune for my Generation III Dex's) and I have a new blank SoulSilver. I am also a big fan of the anime, so to avoid my usual boring style of taking my starter through the whole game, making it a really high level, and using legends I thought I'd try something different, although I'm sure others will have done this before.

I plan to play it like the anime. So catching Ash's team in order, using the same teams for gym battles, only ever using basic Poke Balls and transferring the Pokemon forward to SoulSilver. Then probably onto OR or AS once I own them.

Has anyone ever tried or done this before? I'll have to use Action Replay to catch a few Pokemon in areas which Ash did but the games don't allow, and to get a shiny Noctowl but I don't see myself needing it too often.
    That's a nice idea, a lot of work though which I would be way too lazy for :) I'm not really sure if someone has done something exactly like that before, but there's an Anime Style Challenge (by Pendraflare (and red_009)) here, so if you'd like you can check it out.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'm currently doing a Blue Randomizer Nuzlocke run, and although my randomization methods are not the same as the one on the thread (Such as me having a catch-em-all mode, randomizing the movesets, not removing game-breaking moves etc.), I'm still having fun with it and still taking pictures of memorable events.

I'm pretty worried about any of my Pokemon getting fainted since I already got Haunter and Kadabra fainted in Diglett Cave due to Graveler, so I planned to grind them up as high as possible. So far I got 4 badges and I'm planning to grind my Pokemon team up to Level 50 in Pokemon Tower before fighting Team Rocket.

My team so far, all of them are Level 47 so far: Slowbro (Starter) (Beyblade), Blastoise (Titenic), Gloom (Erika) , Clefairy (Akai), Hypno (PSY) , Electabuzz (Casey)

Also, just for fun, I planned to catch all 151 Pokemon (since I chose the catch-em-all mode) if I managed to complete the challenge which is beating the champion.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • So as some of you know, I've been in and out, but when I go out, I disappear for like a year at a time. I know back in the day, JD and I were pretty much the only two people that I can remember that had like 100+ challenges under our belts. I'm just wondering, is there anyone like that now?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I haven't even completed that many. I don't really have the time I wish I did to play, but life is more important overall. Not to mention all the other games there are I like to play.

Years
  • I'm not the exact same deal; I mostly prefer to do Nuzlockes and Wedlockes, but I save those for Marriland. And writing out updates for those gets time-consuming. So what time I do have for other challenges, I try to cut how much I progress in them into chunks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back