• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 6, 2016
Soul link partners?

The idea of playing a soul link is something that has been running through my mind alot the last few weeks. WIth Nappy and Shady finishing their randomized Diamond and Pearl run i decided to start my own.
The problem is I have no idea who to do it with and am wondering if anyone would like to join me, or if anyone knows a good place to find partners?

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely <3

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
How Do You Choose Your Starter?

Normally choosing your Starter in a game for a Nuzlocke varies player to player. Do you roll a d20? A d6? Do you determine by your player ID number? Or do you sacrifice an unhappy orphan to Helix Almighty and read the stars?

For me, I use a simple formula involving the Trainer ID.

Essentially, I add up all the numbers and get one sum, like this:
9+6+8+5+0+9=37
Then I take the sum and multiply those numbers together:
3*7=21
And then I take that sum and add again.
2+1=3
Huzzah! A Fire-type! Now to plunge the world into perpetual burning death!

In case you get a number 4-9 for your results, Grass Type 1, 4, and 7, Water 2, 5, and 8, and Fire 3, 6, 9. It's been relatively effective for my Nuzlockes so far.

But I wonder how others choose their Starter. Feel free to discuss or recommended your own methods.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Pokemon Fire Red Randomized Nuzlocke

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and YouTube as well. I would greatly appreciate it if you could check out my fist video at this link:
Any and all criticism and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I dont know if i should reply to this or create another thread but im gonna do a fire red randomized soul link nuzlocke so i need someone else to do that with anyone want to join me?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
taglocke

Would anyone be interested in joining a taglocke standard nuzlocke rules x and y (will need homebrew with save manager to pass on the file) need 3 people and if you are unsure of what a taglocke is : basically each person does 2 badges and the last does e4 and champ and when your done with your part you send the save to the next person so i need 4 people to join it will be 5 counting me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
Pokemon yellow in game trades - team

Hello,

For a challenge, I want to finish the game using all the non-player character traded Pokemon (in Yellow, they are: Mr Mime, Dugtrio, Muk, Dewgong, Rhydon, Parasect and Machamp).

Obviously one would need to sit out because there are 7. I would probably leave out Muk or maybe Dugtrio.

Here are my proposed movesets. Please let me know what you would change.

Mr Mime
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Light screen / Reflect
Dugtrio
Dig
Earthquake
Slash
Mimic?
Muk
Sludge
Thunder
Hyperbeam
Explosion
Dewgong
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Blizzard/Hord Drill
Rhydon
Rock Slide
Horn Drill
Earthquake
Body Slam
Parasect
Leech Life
Megadrain
Slash
Dig
Machamp
Hyperbeam
Submission
Fire Blast
Strength

Thanks!

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Yo so I just wanted to get an opinion or consensus about something that I've been thinking about.

For challenges, I know most of y'all use only one Pokemon of a certain species for challenges like monotype or color, etc. but are there any rules (other than challenge-specific ones) that explicitly state this or is this just what ends up happening?

Because I feel like it'd be helpful to have duplicates for some of them, because I know having an extra team member can be super clutch

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yo so I just wanted to get an opinion or consensus about something that I've been thinking about.

For challenges, I know most of y'all use only one Pokemon of a certain species for challenges like monotype or color, etc. but are there any rules (other than challenge-specific ones) that explicitly state this or is this just what ends up happening?

Because I feel like it'd be helpful to have duplicates for some of them, because I know having an extra team member can be super clutch
Well I know that in the Monotype Challenge's case there isn't any restriction on using duplicate species, and some types for the challenge are even required to do this because of lack of variety. I cannot speak for every challenge but usually it should be pretty explicit in the rules if you can't use duplicates at all. It is halpful to use different move sets on duplicates though.

PS: Man it's weird not seeing my name in blue any more.

Years
  • Age 31
  • LOL
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Man, I'm starting to feel like a real jerk cause I keep noticing errors in my waiting to be approved thread (cause I sent the post to myself as a PM) and I keep having to re-upload my post with the fixes. =(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Man, I'm starting to feel like a real jerk cause I keep noticing errors in my waiting to be approved thread (cause I sent the post to myself as a PM) and I keep having to re-upload my post with the fixes. =(

I suggest you don't reupload. It just clutters the mods' list. Just wait for it to get approved then edit the first post.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
My apologies. I figured it would overwrite the previous upload of the exact same name.

I'm not entirely sure how it works myself but I guess it just keeps adding threads with the same name to the list. All I know is that the threads are "hidden" until approval.

Years
  • Age 31
  • LOL
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
I'm not entirely sure how it works myself but I guess it just keeps adding threads with the same name to the list. All I know is that the threads are "hidden" until approval.

Oh, I just didn't want to be a burden, nor did I want to be the guy who turns in a half-a***d thread. So I was turning it in with fixes to the grammar and such. My last turn in is complete, I just hope I didn't screw up and get the thread prevented by turning it in more than once.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Oh, I just didn't want to be a burden, nor did I want to be the guy who turns in a half-a***d thread. So I was turning it in with fixes to the grammar and such. My last turn in is complete, I just hope I didn't screw up and get the thread prevented by turning it in more than once.

Well, hopefully it all works out :D If your challenge gets approved & I have a free game for it, I might join ^-^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I meant to do this the other day, but didn't get around to it unfortunately. Anyway, I'm going to be locking this thread. We already have a thread for discussing challenge ideas and challenges themselves, ie. what we're participating in, what we are looking at doing, etc. So I felt like having that and a DCC is a bit redundant. So, here we go...

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back