• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I've also read stuff about abilities that can lower the chances of running into weaker wild Pokémon, like Intimidate. Keen Eye does the same thing, i've heard. I do remember how Pickup worked in RS, you could have a ton of Zigzagoon and get Hyper Potions and Rare Candies early on, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, I don't believe I've ever been able to score Rare Candies with Pickup. Did get a hold of recovery, berries, and also Poké Balls, if I remember right, but never that. I didn't know it was possible, either, honestly, considering how much of a valuable thing Rare Candy is portrayed to be.

Years
  • Yeah, in RS there were only a few items it allowed for but you'd always get them. In FRLG it was a bit different, but in Emerald onward it started to change based on the level of the Pickup Pokémon. They may have wanted to adjust from the former...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm personally more fond of latter; picking-up items depending on what level your Pokémon is does make more better of a sense. Well, at least for me, anyway!

Years
  • I think they realized that. Also, how bad do you guys tend to find the encounter rates most of the time? There are some games, like HGSS and BW, where it really feels at its worst, but in some, like BW2 and XY to me I feel they've been a bit more merciful with it. Some people hardly notice a difference between any of the games, but to me I just feel like the two I mentioned throw the worst at me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I've noticed any difference, sadly. Only thing I have is that while you're running, Pokémon encounter rate would be more high than normal. If you're simply walking, then it wouldn't. I've read it online somewhere and have tested it, and that indeed seemed to be the case. Now, whenever I'm in tall grass (or anywhere else you'd be able to bump into any Pokémon), I try my best to just walk. That is, if I don't happen to have any Repel with me.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I always felt that the random encounters was at it's worst before Gen V. In Gen IV, I remember just taking a few steps in any cave-like area, and bam! Random encounter. Gen V, I felt that it was dialed down to a certain degree, for example, I almost always had enough time to catch shaking grass or swirling sand without getting interrupted by a random encounter. Of course, this is just from personal experience and I could just be imagining things.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I don't really mind how high encounter rates are except when in caves or sea routes, especially if I don't have any Repels with me. Caves and sea routes are usually big, and since I like exploring maps carefully, frequent wild encounters put me off so I eventually just rush through the map.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I don't really mind how high encounter rates are except when in caves or sea routes, especially if I don't have any Repels with me. Caves and sea routes are usually big, and since I like exploring maps carefully, frequent wild encounters put me off so I eventually just rush through the map.
    Agreed. I used to feel like it was fun to see if you could just survive a route back in the day (though Mt. Moon was always especially challenging for me as a kid because I always care about getting magikarp to Gyarados), and then there's so many pokemon that show up that it's more frustrating than invigorating.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Same, I'm always put off from exploring sea routes because the repels get used up so fast and the random encounters are so annoying. It's a shame because sea routes are usually pretty interesting, but I always want to get off of them as quickly as I can.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I agree. Especially when traversing through Hoenn Victory Road. The Encounter Rates are off the charts! Repel's should be cheaper or more common around routes. The Encounter Rates and prices of Repels made it annoying to go through places like Mt.Silver which sometimes leads to stupid dead ends. I know that Repels don't work if your Pokemon is underleveled, but in Pokemon Black leveling up underleveld Pokemon through Trainer Battles was a pain. I would try to get to a Trainer but on every single tile I stepped on, instant Wild Battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Same, I'm always put off from exploring sea routes because the repels get used up so fast and the random encounters are so annoying. It's a shame because sea routes are usually pretty interesting, but I always want to get off of them as quickly as I can.

I feel similarly when it comes to sea routes, but have a ton of bad experiences with them, sadly. Every time I travel through these places (well, at least in most cases), I always find myself running into Tentacool. I personally find their cry to be sort of… strange, to say the least, and if their level happens to be higher than mine, you probably won't be able to escape, and they'd wind up poisoning you with Poison Sting.

Years
  • I swear I always get low encounter rates when I actually want to find Pokemon but get high encounter rates when I don't + lack Repels on me. The latter is usually the case when I'm in caves or water routes; I'm bombarded by Zubats and Tentacools every few steps I take x_x Of course, encounter rates in JRPGs frustrate me in general (thank you Bravely Default for having an option to adjust the encounter rate), so I'm glad Pokemon has an item that wards off wild Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    pokémon have a mind of their own, and always hide when we want them to be encountered lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow, your signature is so amusing, Arc. I've never imagined someone using Lotad to water Thunder Stone. xD

Anyway, let's keep this thread moving, yeah? So, if you were ever given some chance to create a Pokémon game for Wii U, what would it be? How would its plot be? What are some features that it would be having? Would it be sequel to any previous home-console game, such as XD: Gale of Darkness and Colosseum?

Years
  • Really, an actual Pokemon MMO for Wii U wouldn't be a bad idea. This is what people need, and Gamefreak didn't satisfy some people still. Sure X and Y was innovative in many aspects, still lacks the MMO nature I would love to see in Pokemon game. You ask too many questions at the time Endless :)

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I did come up with an idea of an original Pokemon game back in the GT 2013, for the Game Design contest. Although, I had the 3DS in mind when I planned it, the Wii U would be a perfectly fine platform for it as well. Link to the post here.

Oh, wow, your signature is so amusing, Arc. I've never imagined someone using Lotad to water Thunder Stone. xD
    I did cut out some panels, so I guess it does look like that, haha. But here's the actual full source on where I got it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    An MMO for Wii U wouldn't be such a bad idea, to be honest. The console's got enough power to handle it all, I'm more than sure.

Years
  • Something like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon wouldn't be bad as well. Imagine for example Explorers of Sky with actual 3D graphics and awesome effects respective to WiiU graphics and I'm pretty sure the gameplay would be really good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back