• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is it just me, or do CPUs seem to be prone to killing themselves sometimes in Smash 4? Just did a match where the CPU Pikachu killed itself twice in a row with its BUp (but whatever, I hate fighting CPU Pikachus anyway). Shulks routinely kill themselves switching modes while off-stage. There's been a few other things too I think. I never remember the CPUs doing stupid things and killing themselves in Melee or Brawl.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I've had that happen to me before. A lot of them tried to get fancy and spike me but it ended up an SD.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Is it just me, or do CPUs seem to be prone to killing themselves sometimes in Smash 4? Just did a match where the CPU Pikachu killed itself twice in a row with its BUp (but whatever, I hate fighting CPU Pikachus anyway). Shulks routinely kill themselves switching modes while off-stage. There's been a few other things too I think. I never remember the CPUs doing stupid things and killing themselves in Melee or Brawl.
    Yeah, they do it a lot. For example, Level 8 Captain Falcons will occasionally randomly walk off the edge and fastfall to death. Or, if you just hang on the edge, they will walk off and try to N-air you and it won't hit anything and they end up dead.

Also, Shulk and Diddy AI are very prone to not being able to recover. Shulk will end up scrolling through the arts trying to get jump but hitting the blast line (even if he could've easily recovered without the arts), and Diddy will just aim it completely wrong either into the stage, or not charge it enough.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022

No they did it a lot more often, if not the same in Brawl and Melee. Also, if you see a level 9 Shulk continuously die by trying to change his arts, Nintendo would probably like to know so they can patch that. Otherwise, occasional stuff like fast falling and "fancy" deaths are just normal.

Years
  • Does anyone have any idea when that Miiverse stage is going to be added to the Wii U game? I'm guessing maybe sometime around March with Mewtwo or something... But I dunno.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'm really excited about the mewtwo DLC, especially since it means they might make an amiibo of him.

I'm a bit late for this, but on the topic of tiers; I think they're more about how easy a character is to use, rather than potential. Except a few really good or bad ones, I'd say they're all near equal in the hands of someone who's learned them.

Charizard is a prime example of this (100% not biased or anything). His attacks hit hard and can KO fairly early, but people don't use him because it requires actual aim and reflexes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Dunno if this counts as Smash-related, since they're the first game to support amiibos, but did you guys hear about the whole Rosalina situation? Here's the link to the article: https://www.examiner.com/article/man-buys-over-100-rosalina-amiibo-figures-just-so-fans-cannot

Even one of my friend's pre-order for the amiibo got cancelled due this guy buying all of them. Commissioner Gordan was right, some people really do want to watch the world burn, or to be more accurate, a large portion of the smash community.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Dunno if this counts as Smash-related, since they're the first game to support amiibos, but did you guys hear about the whole Rosalina situation? Here's the link to the article: https://www.examiner.com/article/man-buys-over-100-rosalina-amiibo-figures-just-so-fans-cannot

Even one of my friend's pre-order for the amiibo got cancelled due this guy buying all of them. Commissioner Gordan was right, some people really do want to watch the world burn, or to be more accurate, a large portion of the smash community.
    lol, that guy's gonna have to buy way more than 100 of them if he wants others to not get them.

Psycho fans will always be psycho....

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • lol, that guy's gonna have to buy way more than 100 of them if he wants others to not get them.

Psycho fans will always be psycho....
    You know what's ironic? The guy hates Rosalina, and he plans to do the same thing with Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Lucina, and Robin, because he hates "hentai" characters and enforces that as the only reason why fans like them. It gives me more sources on why the western culture don't like anime-ish, or mainstream Japan-influenced, characters on their "testosterone" games because of the otaku culture.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I, for one, am glad the guy wasted so much money on a pointless stunt like this, especially since him buying more = Nintendo getting money = Nintendo making a whole lot more Amiibos. It says he's going to try to do the same with Palutena, hopefully I'll still be able to get one.

People like that don't deserve money.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You know what's ironic? The guy hates Rosalina, and he plans to do the same thing with Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Lucina, and Robin, because he hates "hentai" characters and enforces that as the only reason why fans like them. It gives me more sources on why the western culture don't like anime-ish, or mainstream Japan-influenced, characters on their "testosterone" games because of the otaku culture.
    What's also ironic is that he now has 100 amiibos of a character he despises sitting in his house.

Apparently he's also not well acquainted with Rule 34, since I'm pretty sure that there's hentai out there for most of the characters in the Smash roster.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • You know what's ironic? The guy hates Rosalina, and he plans to do the same thing with Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Lucina, and Robin, because he hates "hentai" characters and enforces that as the only reason why fans like them. It gives me more sources on why the western culture don't like anime-ish, or mainstream Japan-influenced, characters on their "testosterone" games because of the otaku culture.

Wait, Robin as a hentai character?

He knows the Robin amiibo is probably going to be male, right? I mean, I know there's probably some of male Robin, but... What?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Wait, Robin as a hentai character?

He knows the Robin amiibo is probably going to be male, right? I mean, I know there's probably some of male Robin, but... What?
    He probably believes the players will use female Robin more than male Robin due to his "hentai character" reason, especially how in Awakening, female Robin gets seen naked by Chrom in one of their support conversations.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • He probably believes the players will use female Robin more than male Robin due to his "hentai character" reason, especially how in Awakening, female Robin gets seen naked by Chrom in one of their support conversations.

But... how does stopping a male Robin figure from being sold affect that? It's not like you need an amiibo to fight female Robin.

Ah well, it's not like he's a thinking creature at this point, anyway.

Also, maybe I just suck at reading, but I didn't see the hentai excuse in the linked article. Did I just miss it?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • But... how does stopping a male Robin figure from being sold affect that? It's not like you need an amiibo to fight female Robin.

Ah well, it's not like he's a thinking creature at this point, anyway.

Also, maybe I just suck at reading, but I didn't see the hentai excuse in the linked article. Did I just miss it?
    The hentai excuse was from his youtube video, but it got blocked due to excessive use of strong language. It can still be viewed here: https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-target-best-buy-gamestop-toys-r-us-stop-amiibo-scalpers

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • What sucks is that I really wanted to get those characters. :( I can't believe he's wasting all his money just so he could get publicity( at least that's my theory) and like Zekrom stated, there's at least 1 piece of hentai somewhere in the world, so might as well buy all the smash Amiibos.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    From what I can see, this guy spent his whole life savings on... Who knows? Just trashing good amiibo's and maybe giving his garbage man some free ones? he's just going to be eating fast food and pop tarts for a loooong time, just because he went bankrupt by flushing his money, and amiibo's, down the toilet.

I don't see how he thinks this is going to stop anyone from looking at or making hentai. And he definitely didn't prove any points by doing this. Like Kameken said, he's just giving away his money to Nintendo, the people that make this stuff.

I can just imagine him in all his rage, holding a flame to a Palutena amiibo x'D

Back