• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon:Hourglass Version (Character Bios Added!)

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Pokemon: Hourglass Version

hourglass-t18856.jpg

Hack Info
    Hack Name: Pokemon: Hourglass Version
    Rom Base: Pokemon FireRed (USA)
    Date started: July 4th, 2014

Story
    The story of this game is hard to describe without giving too much information away. You and your older sister have just moved to the Panju Region because you were both invited to a prestigious academy focused on both Intelligence and Pokemon battles.
    Prof. Pine, this region's professor, gives you a starter and gives you an extra pokeball, telling you to deliver it to his son at the academy. When you arrive at school, you are met by Team Epoch, an evil team terrorizing the professor's son. Your sister tries to stop them, but she is unfairly beaten by 4 members. You try to stop them from taking the kid, but by the time you get there he has been attacked by a pokemon & passes out. You manage to stop Team Epoch, but they tell you to watch your back because you are now on their priority list.
    When back in your home town you and your sister go and visit Prof. Pine who tells you that though his son will be able to go on his adventure he will never be allowed to do it alone. He tells you that both of you will be tasked with a special mission that has to do with unstable Time portals opening up around the region. You two are tasked with finding out what is causing it and how to close them. This mission has more to do with you than you know. You will travel through time to the Ice Age, Prehistoric Era, The Age of Expansion, and more. Maybe you'll even witness the creation of the earth!
    But what does Team Epoch have to do with the concept of Time Travel?
    Team Epoch's goal is to become gods. With the power of Time Travel, they can change the course of time and effect the future. They are willing to do anything for Time Travel, Even going as far as murder. As our hero it is your job to stop them before it's too late! Stabilize the Time Portals so Team Epoch's evil goals won't be accomplished!

New Features!
    Time Travel to different eras
    New Music
    New Characters
    Return of Old Characters (Red,Gold,Ruby,Etc.)
    Intelligent Storyline.
    New Tiles (Eventually)
    New Rivals
    Day/Night System
    Ancient Pokemon (Pokemon you know and love with diffrent stats, movesets, sprites, and typing)
    Expansive Post game
    New Region
    Well written story (I can't reveal too much!)

Characters!
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    iJQ6uOt.png

The New and Improved Yuki Town!

U4DfRF1.png

The Lab for this region's Professor, Proffesor Pine.

bBGhBrB.png

Route 1

c8PsL1Y.png

Jikan Town!

1Pc9xOh.png

The Academy in Jikan Town that you and your sister attend!

Videos

The Wild battle music

Yuki Town

Route 1
    Progress
    Spoiler:

Downloads
    We are planning to have Beta 1 out by Febuary 2015. Hopefully earlier if we can find a scripter soon!

THANKS TO THESE AMAZING PEOPLE FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE
    Spoiler:

Banners
    sigpic416592_1.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    You get to be a bodyguard for the professor's son?
    That's certainly an interesting idea...

I can't really tell too much from the screenshots otherwise.

Also, what are "Ancient Pokemon"?

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    http://i.imgur.com/ICDDuIz.png
    the door at the left lol is this a test?
    Lol, it's a way for us to test things out in a diffrent city more easily :P. It's basically a portal.

You get to be a bodyguard for the professor's son?
    That's certainly an interesting idea...

I can't really tell too much from the screenshots otherwise.

Also, what are "Ancient Pokemon"?

Ancient Pokemon are Pokemon you catch when ever you go back in time. These include different stats, move sets,typing,and sprites of Pokemon you know and love.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Ancient Pokemon are Pokemon you catch when ever you go back in time. These include different stats, move sets,typing,and sprites of Pokemon you know and love.

Okay, wow. That's actually a really cool idea!
    Good luck with the implementation~!

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    What's the starter pokemon?
    At the moment the usual Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur are the starters. But, later on we will have a poll for which Ancient Pokemon should be the starter.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Hmm.. I'll keep my eye on this.

I cant say much at the moment, (exept TIME TRAVEL. YES.) but I can tell just by looking at the story that this'll be interesting.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Sounds good. I'm very interested in the story but I was wondering if you were planning on using new tiles? That seems to be something everybody likes right now. Well, good luck!

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Sounds good. I'm very interested in the story but I was wondering if you were planning on using new tiles? That seems to be something everybody likes right now. Well, good luck!
    Thanks! I'd love to add new tiles! But, we haven't been able to find anyone willing to make tiles for the game. It'd much appreciated. For the time being we don't have new tiles, but in the future we plan on adding new tiles eventually.

Years
  • Thanks! I'd love to add new tiles! But, we haven't been able to find anyone willing to make tiles for the game. It'd much appreciated. For the time being we don't have new tiles, but in the future we plan on adding new tiles eventually.

Why don't you use a ROM Base?

Back