• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

battle animations will probably be put in last.

Z= Run
    X= menu and cancel
    C= confirm
    Space= Confirm

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • so your telling me there are no battle animations? THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!! the animations are like half the fun im deleting the beta from my computer its a great game but ill wait til it has some animations

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You're going to have to wait a while then.

Unless you want to make nearly 400 animations from scratch?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • so your telling me there are no battle animations? THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!! the animations are like half the fun im deleting the beta from my computer its a great game but ill wait til it has some animations

I'm very sorry for the absence of Pokemon battle animations in this game but the fact is that almost all the fan games in Game Development don't have Battle animations. Some may contain basic move animations like electric shock and water gun but the effect is still not good enough. It would be good if someone from other website shows up and help with the animation project but we haven't gotten any news for now...

I've just downloaded this game and it looks very good, but I've found a bug: I've chosen bulbasaur as starter and gary charmender, but when I've fought him between victory road and viridian city, he had squirtle. why?

The Pokemon selection bug? I've got no idea about this but I'll keep an eye on this issue and hopefully it's just a small mistake. Thank you for pointing this out.

The game looks very, very unpolished at the moment. I suggest that you resize the graphics again, because they are blurry and not very aesthetically pleasing.

Apparently you judged this from the screenshots on page 1 but I'm sorry, the sprites are not blury anymore...

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Yeah, it's easy to find the graphics, but extremely time-consuming to animate them.

Exactly. That's why Atomic Reactor and some game makers claim that Animation is usually the last thing to do in fan game since it's considerably time consuming while you're still able to play the game without Battle animation.

this game looks very interesting.

I appreciate your interest in this fan game, have a good time!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Um. Great game, it's lots of fun! There's one thing, though. -cringes- I'm rather embarassed to ask this, seeing as I'm still rather early in the game and utterly stuck - but where do you go after Olga steals your badges? I battled Gary on the ship and got a bike and stuff, but where do I go now? Sorry...

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Um. Great game, it's lots of fun! There's one thing, though. -cringes- I'm rather embarassed to ask this, seeing as I'm still rather early in the game and utterly stuck - but where do you go after Olga steals your badges? I battled Gary on the ship and got a bike and stuff, but where do I go now? Sorry...

Just check the places that you haven't explored before such as Diglett's cave and route 11. You must try to get the two badges back in order to access Lt. Surge's Pokemon Gym.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • oh now i understand sorry about the harsh comment before hall of famer i really do think its a great game and adding parts from the manga genius

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Oh! Thanks, I was avoiding the cave, since I hate going through them. xD So your including Green's plot from the manga? Awesome. xD Keep up the good work, Hall of Famer.

Thank you for your kind comment. Though I'm currently too busy to work on this game but I'm sure it will be a lot better when I eventually get back on this project. Have a good time and wish you enjoy playing Pokemon HOF fan game!:)

oh now i understand sorry about the harsh comment before hall of famer i really do think its a great game and adding parts from the manga genius

You haven't done anything wrong, dude. It's we game maker's responsibility to make our project better and more playable for video game fans. Sorry again for the lack of battle animation and the trouble is however, as I might have informed you before, we can't even get inspiration from other fan games since almost none of the current Pokemon fan games in this forum have included a complete set of animations. Have a good week.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Moose's Big Update

If I make a promise, I will always keep it.

Anyway, I decided to release an update with some of the things I've been doing because school starts tomorrow (for me) and I have a really busy schedule coming up anyway. That and I also don't like to keep people waiting so I have a somewhat modest preview for you of what's to come in future releases. We won't come out with another demo until winter.

Also, unlike many other game developers, I'm not extremely possessive of my work so if you see anything you like, just ask and I'll give you some of my custom resources. However, keep in mind that I'm not done most of them yet.

Pokemon

My first change will be with Pokemon. Right now I have no plans of making Fakemon. If Nintendo gave us 493 to work with, why do we NEED a hundred more? However, I will make a lot of drastic changes on some of the Pokemon and only minor changes on others. The minor changes will include changing some evolutions, de-capitalizing the names, updating the movesets with D/P moves and fakemoves that Hall of Famer made, and changing some stats here and there. The major changes? Well, there will still be 493 Pokemon but... well, it's a surprise that's still in the works. Even Hall of Famer doesn't know about it yet. Expect me to be done the minor changes by Christmas break. The major changes should take a whole lot longer.

Also, we won't have shiny Pokemon in the traditional sense. They will instead be custom recolors like the ones you see in fan spriting threads. If anybody's willing to do that, PM me. The shiny ratio will also change so wild shiny Pokemon are more common.

Pokedex

Although they haven't been programmed into the game yet, I am making a custom regional Pokedex for every region in the game. I tried doing this several times already and didn't do too well. However, I AM done the Kanto dex more or less and it will only go through minor changes in the future. You can look in the spoiler for the spreadsheet.

Spoiler:

The list is of all the Pokemon that can be found in the region. Other characters in the region may have these Pokemon in their possession and some of the Pokemon may appear as NPC's. However, just because a Pokemon is in a certain regional dex doesn't mean you can catch it in that region. This is true of some legendaries and fossil Pokemon.

Items

Over the next year or so, the item system will go through a major overhaul. There will be more types of items and more types of Bag pockets to accommodate them. I will add a lot of dummied items from previous generations (like Teru Sama and GS Ball) as well as items introduced in 4th generation. There are 999 item slots and they will all be used. I WILL leave empty spaces for items that I might want to add later on. Right now I'm just working on the concept, but eventually I will write the necessary scripts to use such items. Look in the spoiler for previews.

Spoiler:

For now, the only changes I'll make to existing items is that I'll edit the descriptions and de-capitalize their names. I may or may not edit the prices. You'll see these minor edits in the next Beta. The major overhaul won't take place for a really long time (and I'm not even done the concept for it anyway).

Some extremely useless items like X Attack and Mail will be deleted. They will be replaced with better stuff.

TM and HM

There will be a total of 160 TM's and an indeterminate number of HM's. There will be no new moves, but I will make changes to existing moves to make them HM moves (with special field effects and everything). More on that in the future. Also, you won't be able to get all of the HM's early on. In the future, you will only be able to get Cut, Fly, and Surf in Kanto. The others will come in later regions. All TM's can be purchased in department stores but they will be extremely expensive. Prices will rage from $10,000 to $800,000.

Berries

There will be a total of 100 berries, including all the E-Reader Berries and new 4th generation berries. The Berries can still be used as mixing ingredients but most of their hold item effects will change. They will also be able to be mixed into more things besides Pokeblocks and Poffins...

Apricorns

They will make a comeback. This is pretty self-explanatory so I won't bother talking about it. You will also be able to grow them like you grow berries.

Herbs

Remember the inexpensive bitter herbs that you buy for your Pokemon when you feel cheap? They'll be a new category of items. Some of them will be food/mixing ingredients and others will be medicine. You will also be able to grow them like berries.

Fruits, Vegetables

Same as herbs, but they won't have medicinal properties.

Evolution

The same old evolutionary types will exist, but with new applications. There will also be more evolutionary items. Trading and happiness evolution are taken out, but they may be put back in later on.

Mixing/Cooking

There will be mini games where you can mix/cook existing items like herbs, fruits, and berries and make entirely new items. More on that later.

Pokemon Contests

Hall of Famer and I decided to get rid of them. We have enough stuff to worry about already that we don't need to worry about contests too. That means contest ribbons will also be gone. Pokeblocks and Poffins will be used in other ways. If you're upset about this, keep in mind that there will be plenty of other ways to have fun in this game.

Mini Games

Besides mixing, we're also working on some other concepts for mini games. If anybody wants to help me with scripting (or if you have a mini game made already that you would like to share), let me know.

Tilesets

I have accumulated a lot of tilesets from a large variety of sources including Don Patch, Douger, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and some others. You'll see those implemented in future releases. Instead of having a one-size-fits-all gigantic overworld tileset, you'll instead see a group of smaller tilesets that are divided into themes (ancient, metropolis, futuristic, rainbow, tropical, forest village, Kanto standard, Hoenn standard, Sinnoh standard, etc.). I don't have a preview for you yet but I will tell you that it's still in the works.

Autotiles

I'm sure you know what those are. I made several recolors of existing autotiles and made some new ones. Look in the spoiler for a fountain (ripped and edited) and a flower (recolored). There's more that I will reveal in the future.

Spoiler:

Map Edits

Instead of completely redoing the maps right away, I decided to go through this process...

First Mapping:
    -Hall of Famer will do them as they are now
    -I will edit the metadata and regional maps to accommodate them

Second Mapping:
    -Minor edits to map tiles
    -Dialogue will have typos fixed, also will be more interactive
    -Some entertainment and eye candy
    -Trainer Tips will be a lot more detailed
    -More features like in-game trades (of which there will be many)
    -Leave room for and make hints to future expansion
    -NPC's will have personalities and you'll learn more stuff about them
    -Useless trivia!
    -All the interior maps in a particular town/route will be in one map (some exceptions)
    -Whatever else I feel like doing

Third Mapping:
    -New overworld tiles replace the old tiles
    -Pokemon locations edited so they fit with the new regional dexes
    -Some more features

Fourth Mapping
    -Expansions and sidequests
    -Mini games

Fifth Mapping
    -etc.

Right now Kanto is in the second mapping phase and Orange Islands are in the first mapping phase. Look in the spoiler for some previews. They should be pretty self-explanatory.

Spoiler:

You get the idea. If you want to see actual maps, look in the next spoiler.

Spoiler:

Spriting

OblivionMew is our spriter. However, it would be really nice if we had more because of how long pixel art takes. Look in the spoiler for an example of what he's doing. This sprite is Marinna. He's also working on some other recurring characters and new gym leaders. We may also use some stuff from Coronis. If you still want to sprite, PM me. I have plenty of stuff for you to do and I'm sure Hall of Famer does too.

Spoiler:

Starting tomorrow I won't be doing much work on the game until marching band is over (sometime around mid November). However, I will keep coming to this thread and answering any questions you may have.

I also have some other stuff to add but they're not really updates. They will be in a future post.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Are you going toi name the map "Pokemart"
    cause when you save in their its suppose to say the town your in.
    But its no big deal.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    You know what, I like this... I told HOF that I would help, but I'm kinda tied up at the moment with my game. Anyway, this is amazing. Giving NPCs personalities is something I would have never thought of. Good work. And this is so organized. I think something will happen with this game. Cheerio mate, and do well on it!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Wow, good work. Is there any chance we'll be able to merge our current games with the new beta once you've released it? Or will they be too different? Just curious.

If you're talking about the game, Hall of Famer and I are working on different aspects of the same game. Right now he's expanding on the game and I'm making the old stuff better.

You know what, I like this... I told HOF that I would help, but I'm kinda tied up at the moment with my game. Anyway, this is amazing. Giving NPCs personalities is something I would have never thought of. Good work. And this is so organized. I think something will happen with this game. Cheerio mate, and do well on it!

I'm glad you think so. Don't stop supporting this game and I won't give up working on it.

i have a problem with the pokemart maps.
    Are you going toi name the map "Pokemart"
    cause when you save in their its suppose to say the town your in.
    But its no big deal.

Yes, sort of. I haven't really figured it out yet but it won't be much of a problem anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back