• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
use a hex editor and a table file and search for the first line or so of what prof oak says, then highlight it and edit it. if you're not sure go to the document and turoials section and look in the old documents thread. click on the link and there is a very helpful tutorial at the very bottom (119)
hope this helps ya!

i dont want to edit wat prof oak says i want to delete that intro thingymajig

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2007
help i need to know how to change what people in ruby and emerald says and how to change them to pokemon (e.g. make prof mew)

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I've hopelessly been looking for Fire Red Title Screen numbers for unlz.GBA all over the forum.
I'd be happy if someone could just point them out... =D
And if there's a nice tutorial you've seen for changing title screen based on FR, it'd be awesome if you could linky! ^^

Thankies! ~ ^___^

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
help i need to know how to change what people in ruby and emerald says and how to change them to pokemon (e.g. make prof mew)

You could 1 use scripting or 2 the easier way use advance text.For changing the sprites use the pic # on the person.I'm not sure if mew's pic is in any games besides Emerald.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
How do I find the offset?

How can insert this with the same colors and pal into Ruby?Since I think Kyledove made this for Ruby.

The offset should be the first offset in your script. And as for inserting the sprite with that same palette, the image has to be indexed for it to keep the palette. To index it, I would suggest saving it as BMP, then converting it to GIF using the Giffy tool. Then after that, insert the GIF image into unLZ-GBA, and it should work. Anyway, I have a problem of my own. It seems that the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon cries are too advanced for Pokemon Ruby, and and every time I try to insert them using PokeCryGUI, they end up totally wrong. And I've seen videos of Pokemon Ruby that DO have the Diamond and Pearl cries perfectly. So if there's anything anyone can do to help me, that would be great.

EDIT: Now I know how to do it. If you use Sound Recorder to record the cries, then you have to go to File -> Properties. Then click on 'Convert Now'. Where it says 'Format', make sure it's PCM, and where it says 'Attributes', make it 11.025 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono. Then click OK, and it should work just fine. The only problem is I can't find a loud enough cry.

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Can someone make this type chart english this from pokemon amplifier and I don't understand this.I need the prevous one then a arow and the english name like this

Normal ->
Kampf ->
Flug ->
Gift ->
Boden ->
Stein ->
Käfer ->
Geist ->
Stahl ->
Unbekannt ->
Feuer ->
Wasser ->
Gras ->
Elektro ->
Psycho ->
Eis ->
Drache ->
Unlicht ->

Trans late that to english please!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
Babelfished:
Normally - fight - flight - poison - soil - stone - beetle - spirit - steel - unknown - fire - water - grass - electrical - Psycho - ice - Drache - Unlicht -

I think you can figure them out from that...

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
whenever i try 2 compile this script

#org 0x71A5E0
message 0x71A310
boxset 0x4
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT YES
givepokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
end
compare LASTRESULT NO
end
#org 0x71A310
=Do you want Grassiga

it says "Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch

can someone plz help me pllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Is there a english verson of pokemon amplifier?Also when I adde new pokemon in and I rtied to evole them the screen turned green.How can I fix it?

Last edited:

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
whenever i try 2 compile this script

can someone plz help me pllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This belongs in the script discussion thread, and that script is a mess.

:psy copy: What the HELL are you trying?? Oh hell. take a look at the code below. and try to adjust offsetts to suit.

And take a look at the 'Simple Pokescript Tutorial' for instruction on making a working logical script.

Also there is a 'professional givepokemon script' here, again for pokescript!!

Code:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800200
boxset 0x5
compare LASTRESULT YES
if B_TRUE goto 0x800300
givepokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
end

#org 0x800200
=Do you want Grassiga

#org 0x800300
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x800400
= Oh, Ok then!

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Does Anyone know where the Pocket Monsters Logo in Japanese Ruby, I'm replacing the English one with it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
does any one know where I can get some custom tilesets for pokemon ruby

and a tool to insert them.

If you can, please tell me

thanks

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Poke amplier won't let me change the evo of pokemonI click the pokemon I want that pokemon to evo I save and then I go back to check it and the evos are still the same why?Also ow do I edit and put new sprites overwold with all the sides and sufing and fishing ect.?Also how come when I change the name with poketronic the names come out funky and scripts mess up and stuff look at them!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
The stats won't change however you edit them, with a gameshark, action replay or if you hack the ROM etc.

So if I hacked a Ruby ROM to make Magmar have 255 for each stat (the Magmar would have each stat go up by like 5 every level) and trade it to Diamond, Magmar would NOT be getting 5 for each stat once on the Diamond ROM?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
How do you edit a Pokemon's Icon? And is it possible to change the Pokemon Motion sprite in Emerald?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
So if I hacked a Ruby ROM to make Magmar have 255 for each stat (the Magmar would have each stat go up by like 5 every level) and trade it to Diamond, Magmar would NOT be getting 5 for each stat once on the Diamond ROM?

It wouldn't, you didn't hack Magmar, you hacked the stats Magmar will get in the ROM when it levels up.

How do I edit uncompressed sprites? I'm trying to change Professor Oak at the begining, and I found his offsets...

but now I don't know where I should start....

You can find those sprites in TLP or Tile Molester and edit them.

How do you edit a Pokemon's Icon? And is it possible to change the Pokemon Motion sprite in Emerald?

IconED.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Didn't you have the problem with the pokemon names?Do you know how to fix it?Please answer my queston.How do you change eveltion so it works?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back