• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I need help with TLP I'm trying to find the offset for the Ruby trainer Back only because I want to throw that backpic on to my FR Hack

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Well, depending on what you want to edit, it is in a different place. Evolution data is in one place, TMs/HMs in another, and learned moves in yet another. I would suggest looking in the tutorials here, then comparing the format for the hex data to what you find at the offsets for ruby that are below. (One should be for stats, one for evolutions, one for TMs/HMs, and the last for learnable attacks, not necessarily in that order)

None of them looks like there are a whole bunch of 1s (that would mean that they can learn that TM) in the bytes. I need to hex-edit the TMs/HMs they can learn because I can't get Amplifier to even install for some reason.

EDIT: Another question. Is there a tool for Ruby that can change the order Pokemon appear in the Hoenn Dex or National Dex or something like that? It would really help me a lot if there was.

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • None of them looks like there are a whole bunch of 1s (that would mean that they can learn that TM) in the bytes. I need to hex-edit the TMs/HMs they can learn because I can't get Amplifier to even install for some reason.

EDIT: Another question. Is there a tool for Ruby that can change the order Pokemon appear in the Hoenn Dex or National Dex or something like that? It would really help me a lot if there was.

Actually, I didn't check. Sorry about that. (I got them from an ini file of pokemon amplifier) And actually, it would look like binary, because 0s represent TMs that can't be learned. Read my tutorial, figure out the exact sequence of 1s and 0s for the Pokemon you want to edit, (By using Serebii to find out what they learn) and search for it using the search function. (In the ROM) Also, remember the order of TMs within the sequence, otherwise you'll never find what you're looking for.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Yeah, everytime I play I get a blank white screen, anyone know why?

Sorry if this has been answered but I didn't know what to search.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Actually, I didn't check. Sorry about that. (I got them from an ini file of pokemon amplifier) And actually, it would look like binary, because 0s represent TMs that can't be learned. Read my tutorial, figure out the exact sequence of 1s and 0s for the Pokemon you want to edit, (By using Serebii to find out what they learn) and search for it using the search function. (In the ROM) Also, remember the order of TMs within the sequence, otherwise you'll never find what you're looking for.

It's not working. I tried searching for Bulbasaur's learnable TM moves (from TM08-TM01) and there was no string for it. By the way, I used Translhextion to search for it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    SoulBankai! said:
    Yeah, everytime I play I get a blank white screen, anyone know why?

Sorry if this has been answered but I didn't know what to search.

In VBA, Go to Options> Save Type> Then Select Flash 128K instead of Flash 64K ;)

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Um.... This happens if you start a new file in my game Can someone help me:
    PokemonSPHoennStories.png

I found out what that problem started from when I went to change the Female trainers Pallete wrong and it croupted the game oh well I had a back up:D

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey, I have a question. How do you know what color you should color a trainer's background?

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Go into RS Ball look at the colors you want find a person copy there Pallete offset than go to the trainer who's colors you want to change than insert the offset hit apply pointer changes than it should work

Boy Ruby trainer is E5A028

I changed it to his emerlad colors which are E527A4

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    unLZ-GBA won't let me replace this sprite:
    f_trainer087m_ea51082.png
    by this sprite:
    f_MaleHerom_573cd14.png

Why? A pop up comes up after I click Write to ROM saying "Compressed size is 388. Which is too big. Aborting." How can I make the compressed size compatible?

P.S. Please don't steal the sprite. It is property of Captain Arcane. I am using it with his permission.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    by this sprite:
    f_MaleHerom_573cd14.png

Why? A pop up comes up after I click Write to ROM saying "Compressed size is 388. Which is too big. Aborting." How can I make the compressed size compatible?

P.S. Please don't steal the sprite. It is property of Captain Arcane. I am using it with his permission.

Hmm...When you click Write to Rom only have Export Palette, Export Image and Automatically fix pointers ticked and if that does not work, try maybe reducing the colours a bit.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Some pretty weird stuff happened when I did that Blazichu. First of all, this happened to the sprite:
    f_MaleHeroMesm_a9349a2.png
    , next, I noticed that the sprite number changed. Originally I was changing the sprite number 1634 and it turned into sprite number 1637, and When I clicked Next, that sprite would be the sprite for both 1637 and 1638.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    marz said:
    Some pretty weird stuff happened when I did that Blazichu. First of all, this happened to the sprite:
    f_MaleHeroMesm_a9349a2.png
    , next, I noticed that the sprite number changed. Originally I was changing the sprite number 1634 and it turned into sprite number 1637, and When I clicked Next, that sprite would be the sprite for both 1637 and 1638.

Maybe it is the amount of colours you have on that sprite, there might be too many in that sprite in general. About the number changing, I have never heard of that happening before.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    That's kind of weird that the colors would be too many because it's just a couple merged sprites to make that sprite.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Oh Marz you sprite is too big you might want to shrink it a few pixels after that it should work.

Isn't it a rule that the pokemon or trainer your replacing the sprite has to be near or shorter than it to work

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I made sure it was small enough. If it was too big then it wouldn't even show up on unLZ-GBA in the first place. It's 64x64 pixels, which is exactly what it should be.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    What I meant was well this even if it is 64x64 you still gotta shrink the trainer down just a bit like this I shortend his legs:
    MarzesTrainer.png

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • (for G/S) Does anyone know how to change the location of where the trainer starts out in new games? Like I want to make the game start in New Bark Town, not the bedroom. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    by this sprite:
    f_MaleHerom_573cd14.png

The whole image must be 64x64 pixels but the trainer you're replacing the FR hero with must have the same number of pixels used for the sprite. If you want to keep the size like that you'll have to repoint the sprite's size.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back