• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first shiny?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Technically, it was Red Gyarados, but I wouldn't precisely call it an encounter, considering that it was set-in-stone due to being an in-game event.

Put that aside, my first shiny would likely have to be Hoothoot, which I've managed to run into on my third run of Silver. Thankfully, I've gotten to capture it without any trouble at all, and kept the Pokémon on my crew for a decent amount of time. Have managed to get it up to level one-hundred at one point, if I remember correctly! Sadly, I've never managed to have the Pokémon transferred to any other game later on, which sucked.

As for my first shiny miss, I'd say it was Geodude in Pokémon FireRed; couldn't capture it as I did not have any Poké Ball with me at the time.

Years
  • My first shiny was a Horsea in Pokemon Y. I was chain fishing, so I wasn't really surprised. My first completely random shiny was a Bibarel in Platinum. I was bored one night, and I had a Togepi in my party, so I decided to go around and see what Metronome would turn into, so I ran into a Pokemon. The grass flew, and I saw the silhouette of a Bibarel - and then it sparkled! I was so excited I didn't know what to do, so I told my mom. I caught it, and then solo'd with it up until the Elite Four. Today, that Bibarel is Lv. 89 and sitting between a Mew and a Manaphy in Box 8 of my Black 2 game.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My first shiny (not kept) was a Carvanha in Ruby. It was when I was looking for Feebas on Route 119/120, somewhere around there. I did end up losing it when I made the mistake of starting another game.

My first shiny which was kept was a Budew, at a chain of 6. It came as a real shock to me, as I was talking to someone and let out a really loud YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! when I encountered it.

Years
  • A shiny sentret in Silver, never been able to port the game, but ironically found another one in HG.

I have found others,a blissey,a mareep, and a sneasel, all in mt PC.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Other than red Gyrados my first Shiny would have to be a beedrill....I was so disapointed in the design though made me wish I had a cooler looking shiny.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • Well if you are asking what the first shiny I encountered that would be a shiny Primape in LG but back then I did not know what a shiny was so i just ran away.

If you are asking the first shiny I caught that would be a zubat yep a zubat if only it was a magikarp

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • My first shiny? Hmm... a Wingull I encountered while I was on my way to my secret base back at Sapphire. Didn't keep it though.

Now, if the same thing happens again at ORAS I'll **** my pants. xD

Years
  • The first shiny I ever found and caught was a Golbat on Pokémon Diamond and I can honestly say it was about the only time I've ever been happy to run into any of the Zubat line lol xD

The most distressing thing about it is that I don't have it anymore - I was so desperate to restart Diamond and didn't have any way at the time to hang onto it so I had to give in in the end. It's a shame, I still miss it from time to time lol :)

HipsterHypno

Hippest Hypno in the land
    Years
  • My first Shiny 'mon was a Shiny Duskull (Red) that I found in Pokémon Ruby! I had no idea of the significance of what a "Shiny" was lmao. I traded it to my buddy who trained it from level 25 to into the mid 70's. He then gave it back to me and I loved it so much. Another of my childhood pals then deleted it of my Emerald cartridge along w the first ever 'mon I levelled to 100 in Ace, my Swampert. I was so upset, I wish I could even mes about with them in Amie :[.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    My first shiny was a Shiny Fraxure in Pokemon Y. I had been trying to get one for a week in Friend Safari because my friend had gotten one and I wanted one too. Now that fraxure is a Beautiful Haxourus.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    A chance encounter for a naive gamer at the time. My first shiny was a cute little Aron.

~cleaskulty~

It's contagious
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    The first one I saw was a Mankey in FR, but I killed it. I didn't really know what it was then, though. The first one I caught was a meowth also in FR. :3

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    My first shiny that I encountered and caught was a shiny Unown I. Sadly, I lost the Pokemon Pearl it was in and no longer have it. :(

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    What was the first shiny you ever encountered and captured?

Note: Red Gyrados doesn't count and hacks don't count.

My first shiny pokemon that I ever obtained was a shiny electrode, however that was through a trade. My first shiny that I caught on my own would have been a shiny Taros in FR/LG.

And the Shiny Haxorus of Gen V.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have to take my brain and memories back to the 5th generation. While training my team to take on the Elite 4 - just battling wild Pokemon, on Route 23, the first Pokemon I encountered while entering the grass -

shiny, level 39, female Mienfoo

My eyes couldn't believe it! One of my top 5 favorite Pokemon, #1 in shinies, appeared. My Pokemon where too strong and I feared that if I hit it she would faint - up to now it's the only time I used a Master Ball. At the time, none of my team knew False Swipe. She is nicknamed after my grandma, Maria.

before I forget: today, she is part of my original Pokemon Y team.

Caught Her! Saved It! Jumped up and down with joy for about 2 hours.
    Next day went out and bought White 2 made her the star of the team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2015
    My very first shiny was an Unown!
    I was walking in Pokémon Fire Red, in the last Sevii Island I think, collecting all the alphabet. I didn't have the internet at the time and I was convinced there was a secret to be found about Mew or Celebi. Or at least I wanted it so bad.
    And at one point I saw a blue Y Unown. Like most of you, I didn't know what was a shiny at the time and I had no idea what this thing meant. It made me think I was even more closer to this imaginary Mew/Celebi secret...
    Aah, childhood :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My first shiny was a Weepinbell in Pokemon Gold. That was about 2001 or 2002, if I recall correctly; long before gen 3 was released. I don't have it anymore, though, because the battery on my Gold version had run dry a while ago...

Back