• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Titans: A Superhero RP (T) (OOC/SU)

For the next story arc, would you be prefer your character to be part of a 3-4 person hero squad?

• No, I'd rather not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm busy now, maybe at a later time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    You could have Binary give her the name, or another smart character. Also, question for MI - how smart is Smiley? I know he's the eternal swagentleman with no ageing and cloning, but how classy is he intellectually?

He knows a lot about government policy, international relationships, and about the active smaller super villians that were active in Britain when he was worked there. As he was a spy, I think he should have a decent tactical sense, but he is no scientist. He doesn't understand the physics behind his powers at all. He's no genius by any stretch of the imagination.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Well, range seems to play a very important factor here. That can make the difference between totally reasonable and very OP.

I checked the accepted characters, and at the moment we have 4 girls and 2 guys. The girls are 20, 23(But also immortalish), 22, and unkown. The boys are 22 and 45(?).
    They got there powers by being born with them, being a God, getting them from a God, having an accident, doing something and than forgetting what, and again, being born with them.
    Their powers are Water based, Water based, Putting stuff together, splitting himself up, doing shady stuff, and being made of energy.

Hope you had fun with those statistics :)

I love statistics, actually. And these are great! I like that the most shruggable of the statistics are from Quantum xD Some people say that the amnesia storyline thing is cliché, but I really like it. And it can be used really well!

Oh boy, now I worry that people don't like my character's backstory. Don't hate me, please :(

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I love statistics, actually. And these are great! I like that the most shruggable of the statistics are from Quantum xD Some people say that the amnesia storyline thing is cliché, but I really like it. And it can be used really well!

Oh boy, now I worry that people don't like my character's backstory. Don't hate me, please :(

I said it earlier already, clichés are fine, I feel. Just like tropes, they are merely a story telling mechanism, and they aren't necessarily bad. As long as something fun is done with the amnesia, I think everybody will like it.

Years
  • Also, Reverb is such an amazing name for a sound-based hero. Also, now that I think about it, sound and vibrations is probably the thing that would be most effective against Quantum.

Thanks! I'm kind of basing it off of an already existing superhero in DC comics, but he's not going to have the same story, characteristics, or theme. In the comics, he's being used by the government for his powers in case someone needs to fight the Flash (in case the Justice League turns totalitarian), because he can cancel Flash's speed with his vibrations. Aaand my comic book nerd is showing, so I'll stop.

I get that , and that is possible, but that could be abused so much *skyscraper melts in background*

You're right, what I intended for it to be is the ability to create a vibration that matches the frequency of any object and essentially disintegrate it. It definitely is incredibly powerful, but I don't intend on him even knowing he can do that for a while, and even when he does, I don't intend him to have control over his powers to that extent. When I wrote it, I was mostly just detailing everything that vibrational powers entail. I suppose I can give him another weakness in that it takes a lot of energy for him to use his powers, so he can't be in action for long and, as listed, he needs to eat a lot.

For now you are reserved, since there are I few things I need to ask about your character.

Cool, thank you!

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Thanks! I'm kind of basing it off of an already existing superhero in DC comics, but he's not going to have the same story, characteristics, or theme. In the comics, he's being used by the government for his powers in case someone needs to fight the Flash (in case the Justice League turns totalitarian), because he can cancel Flash's speed with his vibrations. Aaand my comic book nerd is showing, so I'll stop.

Does anyone think my story is too little? I think I should add more context based on the information in the original post.

Is he based on Vibe?

I think you're story is all right, although it's mostly up to Bidoof to decide if it's good enough, haha.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Question to the GM, will you be controlling the super villians, as I believe it would be cool if at one point the superheroes rubbed shoulders, but that's for another time. What's our character quota?

Years
  • Spoiler:

Finished now :D

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yes indeed. Do you feel like he's different enough? And thank you. :)

Well, they gave Vibe the name Reverb too for a while, so it's not like his extremely original, but I think the characters are different enough to work fine. It's clear you took inspiration, but personally I really don't find it troublesome. But as I said already, it's mostly Bidoof's opinion that matters here, haha.

Years
  • Well, they gave Vibe the name Reverb too for a while, so it's not like his extremely original, but I think the characters are different enough to work fine. It's clear you took inspiration, but personally I really don't find it troublesome. But as I said already, it's mostly Bidoof's opinion that matters here, haha.

Right, thanks. And I did not know that Vibe went by Reverb, that's new to me. That's pretty cool.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I get that , and that is possible, but that could be abused so much *skyscraper melts in background*

In a sense, every character in this RP can be insanely overpowered. Hilda could merge a tank and a diamond, making an indestructible tank, Alex could turn into the Kraken and literally wreck everything, quantum could get a bigger suit and become the new Godzilla (and she gets fed up she can just tear her suit and annihilate Hyperia), Smiley could put a single clone in the middle of nowhere out of reach, making him practically impossible to kill, Nerites could actually unleash her goldy rage and destroy and flood Hyperia, Akira could use the shadow of every person in Hyperia to instantly impale them, and Giron could turn into a nuke and get rid of the entire city.

The only thing keeping them from doing all of these things is inexperience and/or limitations out of their control.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And also that they are humans and have some common sense.

Wait, half or more of everyone here actually isn't human...

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    And also that they are humans and have some common sense.

Alien, god, energybeing, person, person and person, and a person. So around half, haha.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • And also that they are humans and have some common sense.

But what about humans lacking common sense?

Also anyone hates doing history as much as I do? Just would like to check with GB and you guys(?) if my power is alright and balanced enough.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    But what about humans lacking common sense?

Also anyone hates doing history as much as I do? Just would like to check with GB and you guys(?) if my power is alright and balanced enough.

I think animal morphing isn't even close to being OP when you got immortals, gods and aliens walking around, haha.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Aaayyyyee It oddly reminds me a bit of the main powers of a book (w/o the blood)... Anyway yeah it's pretty good~
    This is pretty vague (for me) though.. " the more he stays transformed the harder it is to totally come back to normal" How long is long for him? A day? A week? Three months?
    So say he wants to be a spider (because why not) he can only transform into it... if he drinks spider blood?! u~u;;
    Oh thanks for pointing it out, totally forgot to specify the length XD
    I'd rather have my character suffer the greatest pains than become a spider. I so don't fear spiders

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oh thanks for pointing it out, totally forgot to specify the length XD
    I'd rather have my character suffer the greatest pains than become a spider. I so don't fear spiders

If he acquires DNA from, say a bunny, would he be able to change into a grizzly bunny, or only a grizzle and a bunny on separate occasions?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Arx, transforming into animals is an awesome power. Like, look at Beast Boy from Teen Titans. He was badass, really showed off what you could do with different transformations.

Back