• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you should have played, but (criminally) haven't...

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
Years
  • Are there any games that you KNOW are games that you SHOULD play, but for some reason, haven't gotten around to it? Games that you feel are on almost every "essential must-play video games" list? Why haven't you played them yet?!

There are so many damned games out there that it's impossible to play them all. Being a millennial growing up chiefly in the 2000s, I spent most of my time with the brand-new GameCube and the Game Boy Advance. I also came from a family where money was tight so getting all the new systems and games was sparse. It wasn't until recently that I could buy the stuff I sorely missed with my own money.

I'll post some of those games later.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    • Chrono Cross
    • Tales of Phantasia
    • Tales of Destiny
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Super Mario RPG
    • Animal Crossing (any)
    • League of Legends
    • Legend of Zelda
    They're all games that I either should have played by now or get talked about so much in my circles that I feel bad not having at least tried them... :(

There's a whoooole other list of games that everyone "should" play that I tried and either failed at or hated/couldn't get into but I'm too ashamed to admit some of them. XD;

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Admittedly, Super Mystery Dungeon will be my first Mystery Dungeon game. I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope I like it so I can play the other ones.

I've also never played a Legend of Zelda game. Tri Force Heroes and Wind Waker HD will be my first foray into the Legend of Zelda Universe.

Another one that's stuck out for me over the years was Sonic 3D Blast. I got it as a kid, but have never made significant progress in it.

Bay

Years
  • Dragon Age: Origins and Skyrim. I have both of them but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet because either another video game or something else distracts me. Well Dragon Age: Origins I want to get a new controller for my computer, but I've been delaying that haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • - Final Fantasy 7
    - Xenoblade Chronicles
    - Tales of Symphonia
    - Banjo-Kazooie
    - Persona 4
    - Golden Sun

Burn me at the stake.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • - Any Animal Crossing
    - Final Fantasy 6
    - Pokemon Colosseum
    - Kingdom Hearts BBS
    - Tales of
    - Any Persona

pkmin3033

Not really? I mean, I have a ton of games on my backlog that I've bought and just haven't gotten around to yet, so I really should play those because otherwise I've wasted my money, but in terms of "MUST PLAY!" games...well, why must I play them?

I know I'm not going to like games like Persona 3, Kingdom Hearts II, and The World Ends With You - to name but three people keep trying to ram down my throat - so why should I feel obligated to put myself through the misery of enduring them, when I'll get no satisfaction out of it? Majority does not make right. They don't look appealing, so I don't feel I should play them, even though other people feel I should. It all comes down to personal taste and, contrary to popular belief, you don't have to experience a game firsthand to know whether or not you're going to enjoy it.

I don't think any games are essential, must-play titles. Play what looks appealing to you and don't worry about what other people think you should play if you happen to enjoy something. The only reasons you should have for not playing a video game is either because you don't own it or you simply haven't had the time.

Years
  • There are plenty of Nintendo games I haven't played, simply because I've never any of their consoles outside the handhelds. I'm not going to list which ones I've missed out on here, because I know there are a bunch of them.

Other than that, I've owned both Mass Effect 3 and Red Dead Redemption for a good number of years now, but never played them, even though I kept saying I would. Now that my PS3 no longer works, I doubt I'll ever get a chance to play them now, and I'm kicking myself over it.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    - Xenoblade Chronicles
    - Any Tales game
    - Any Dragon Quest
    - Any Persona game
    - Chrono Cross
    - Secret of Mana
    - Wind Waker
    - Sonic Colours
    - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
    - Bravely Default

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door would also be on this list but I've actually played it now, hooray!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • - Final Fantasy 7
    - Persona (aside from P4 but even then I've only cleared the 2nd area)
    - Tales of
    - Banjo Kazooie
    - Fire Emblem
    - Bravely Default
    - Monster Hunter
    - Danganronpa
    - ANY GAMES RELEASED ON THE PSP 'CAUSE ME NO HAVE DAT CONSOLE
    - SAME APPLIES TO WII U

Eh, just burn me on a stake now. :P

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well Dragon Age: Origins I want to get a new controller for my computer, but I've been delaying that haha.
    I don't particularly think Dragon Age is the sort of game that you should wait for a controller to play. Maybe Dragon Age 2, possibly Inquisition (?), but Origins is a CRPG and...I mean, I won't say the controls are bad, but it certainly is an interesting choice of game to wait for a controller to play. Skyrim I'd believe, though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Meroid Prime

I own the game. I played it. But every time I do I cant go more than 15 mins without getting nauseous. Not sure if this fits the thread though.

I'm not mentioning games that are ridiculously priced nowadays obviously lol.

and I haven't played a single Donkey Kong game, yet. ._.;;
    This is criminal
    It2rHXJ.gif

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I am a horror fan who has never played a Silent Hill game before. One time I almost played a demo I had for Silent Hill 4, but my young self was a lot more cowardly in the face of horror, so I could never really get past the main menu.

I had really hoped to make Silent Hills my first in the series with how much potential it had, but now it seems all hope of that are lost. I can't see Silent Hill 1 being as scary as it may have been when it came out, but maybe I can find Silent Hill 4 and relive that little nightmare.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • - I have never touched a game in the Metroid series.
    - Any of the Disgaea games
    - Okami, which has been sitting in my collection of games for about 4 years now.
    - Tried only one of the Metal Gear games.
    - Castlevania series
    - Advance Wars series

That's just off the top of my head. I'm probably missing a few obvious ones.

Bay

Years
  • I don't particularly think Dragon Age is the sort of game that you should wait for a controller to play. Maybe Dragon Age 2, possibly Inquisition (?), but Origins is a CRPG and...I mean, I won't say the controls are bad, but it certainly is an interesting choice of game to wait for a controller to play. Skyrim I'd believe, though.

I guess a part of me is afraid I'll be frustrated with trying to use the keyboard as I don't play much games like Dragon Age and using a controller might be easier. Is it CRPG? I always thought it's just an RPG (or WRPG I often heard). Eh, whatever. Maybe I'll give my keyboard/mouse a try eventually. As for Skyrim, I have the XBox 360 version, just haven't gotten to it yet.

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • Oh probably most games that came out during the entirety of the n64/SNES's lifespan. The only ones I personally played then was... Pokemon Colliseum.
    Then Chrono Trigger (my brother tried to get me to play it by buying me the ds remake).
    In general, probably anything that isn't an obscure/ish/unpopular/not-as-beloved Japanese role playing game.
    (now if you want games that I HAVE played but "criminally" never bothered to finish: FF7)

edit: OH, I forgot. While I'm a big Fire Emblem fan now, I have personally only played Awakening.
    All my Elibe/Sacred Stones/Tellius knowledge is from re-reading the same LP 4 times

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I have also not played a single Phoenix Wright game nor have I ever played a Professor Layton game before.

...How much am I missing out on?
    xeaaK0H.gif

This entire thread hurts my heart. No Metroid and only one Metal Gear? GOD DAMN

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    most of the Kingdom Hearts games (except for the first one and Re: Coded, which i did play)
    Destiny

Back