• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC FITNESS

Years
  • NOPE!

My weight gain and weight loss is too inconsistent for me to even try anymore.
    The " Yo-yo " effect is too real. Whenever I do lose weight I'm eating unhealthy, maybe do to malnutrition? The only time I'll ever eat healthy and " workout " is when I exceed a certain amount of weight then i'll lose that and revert back to my old eating habits. I don't want to gain or lose weight, medium is perfectly fine with me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    pretty much same here. haven't been doing much cardio lately - or at least not for extended periods given how difficult it is to breathe in colder weather - but the cold fronts should be moving out so I'll be getting back on that soon. What do you guys do as far as cardio/running? like, distances (or lackthereof) - more casual or do you have a regimen?

I'm not a distance runner by any stretch of the imagination, but as long as I can get out for 10-15 minutes a day, its fine with me. By the summer I'm hoping I can stay out for maybe 30 minutes and keep upping it. I can do 45-60 minutes on the treadmill but with the different conditions I tire a bit easier so I don't do as long.

I bought protein shakes to replace breakfast and lunch and I'm not snacking so I'm hoping to lose another few pounds that way. Wii Fit in the house helps too, whether it just 15-20 minutes.

I gave up Crisps and Chocolate for lent last year and I've stayed off them for 11 months now. I prefer cracker to crisps and its amazing the things you find that you like when they're not around.

Years
  • I am not fit in the least ah ha ha.

Which is why I've been trying to lose weight since last September or so. Kinda slow progress, especially when things happen, I put off exercising a lot, and I tend to get myself set back, but there's still been progress nonetheless.

Still have quite a ways to go though. :X Not going to mention any specific numbers because it's kind of embarrassing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I went from fatty tatty to curvaceous cutie. Lost over 100 pounds. I'd post a before an after, but my before pics still make me cringe hard and I rather forget than keep the image in my memory. I find my curves really sexy and I like the kinds of men I attract with them. I'm pretty content at this moment in time.

Years
  • I go to kickboxing at least three days a week. Used to go 5-6 but it's gotten so cold here these last few months that I've been demotivated from going as often ahaha, but I hope to pick that back up during the spring. The kickbox sessions themselves are very exhausting and burn at least 800 calories per round.. I put as much effort in as I can so that adds to it. Just thinking of it exhausts me.

Also have high metabolism so I can eat pretty much whatever and not get fat. :D Which I'm thankful for. Still felt very guilty sitting around not exercising much which is why I signed up for kickboxing in the first place in June. Only way to get my bum off and do things is when I actually go to a class with others, at home I'm just too lazy. My arms are really thin though so punches, double jabs especially, leave me absolutely drained and my arms sore.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I'm pretty fit man, but not because I try to, it's because I'm active. I don't like being stuck in a dorm room all day, ya know? After school I skate for a few hours, then I go lift or whatever, and later pickup basketball with the boys. Being active makes me happier too I notice, it's pretty rad.

Years
  • i work out every day for an hour after practice. it's always the worst part of practice, but it keeps me fit, and im grateful for that

Years
  • I've played sports in various capacities since I was a toddler and have always been in shape. I haven't really been on my usual routine for awhile now, I've been pretty busy with class, work, etc, since the fall. Haven't noticed anything yet, my metabolism is ridiculous and I eat pretty well to begin with. Since it's too cold to do much of anything on spring break, I might whip up a new lifting routine or something to pass the time and to get back at it.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm already pretty fit but it would be nice to be a little more toned. i used to be leg day everyday i haven't been feeling the cold this year. i should probably also start lifting some more, we have a mini home gym so why not.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I went to the gym today and there was a guy who was deadlifting 240kg.. I was like.. damn.. impressive.
    Then there's me doing deadlifts with a 25kg bar lol.. I could go heavier but I wanted to make sure my form was good first.

Years
  • I train for comps or social dance at my dance studio five days a week and also in that time both teach lessons and get lessons from others. There's also comps, exams etc on top of that. So I'm generally really active throughout the week.

I'm not particularly well built, although I'm a lot stronger than I look so it doesn't really matter. I go through phases of doing body weight exercises but I always end up running out of motivation. I'm happy with my fitness anyway, I can dance for several hours straight so I'm pretty sure I'm healthy.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I went to the gym today during my lunch hour and this really fit lady (in her 40s and trains at like olympic crossfit competitions) said I was looking strong! I was really elated!

I've been eating really clean for lent (I cut out all sweets and junk food- the worst thing I would have are a some raisins or 1/2 an oz of cheese lol), save two days which were work-related celebrations that involved drinks. I haven't noticed any physical changes, but mentally I do feel much more alert and not tired at work so it's a change I would like to continue with after Lent.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • I work out 5 times a week for about 45 min - 1 hour. I also love boxing and karate which I try to do 2x a week. I'm a health coach in NYC so I need to stay fit! I help people with weight loss, exercise and also sleep quality! (if anyone needs free tips I have a sweet ebook I can email you)

Years
  • I tend to hit about 10,000 steps a day just going to and from the train station and walking back and forth in the office. Apart from that I don't exercise. I've been able to maintain a stable body weight with eating habits so I've thankfully never had to battle with dieting.

My company in sponsoring places to compete in an 8 km obstacle course next weekend and I put my name down. I have little muscle tone so I'm probably going to have to do some weights so I can climb over some of the obstacles (no upper body strength...). Should be an embarrassingly fun day.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I used to play tennis and do marching band in high school, which kept me relatively fit. Now that I'm done with school though, I don't do any consistent activities. However, my work keeps me on my feet for eight hours a day, five days a week, so I'm not exactly loafing around either.

I have a high metabolism, so I don't really go out of my way to exercise. I don't eat a lot either, so that helps. One activity I do enjoy doing is frisbee golf, which is actually quite tiring after a while. We have a course a few minutes away from where I live that's all woods, so it's like hiking with an added activity. It's fun, and gets me out every once in a while.

Years
  • I used to play tennis

Tennis! Used to take lessons when I was younger until I ended up in the hospital, but I still play occasionally during the summer with friends. Probably one of the best and most fun workouts that I've done.

That being said, I try to workout as often as possible whether that's going to play badminton or working out at home. I've never been the type to use equipment or anything so my regime includes squats, push-ups, different variations of leg lifts, and any other exercise that can easily be done without any items. That routine has been thrown off a bit because I'm on a coop working term and with commuting, doesn't leave much time for it. I play badminton twice a week and I work up quite the sweat doing so. Either way, I've never been more fit in my life than I am now.

Back