• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
  • -Raike glared at the handcuff on his wrist, before sighing and continuing to walk towards the hotel, not sure if he was dragging Miharu or not, but did not care, for his mind dwelt on other matters. When he spoke, his voice was cold and adamant.-

" I don't care what you do with that *****, but if I see him again, it won't be good. I'm telling you this with full knowledge of your level in the "law." This is family business Miharu, , and why would you care anyway... I'm sure you care more about Josh anyway."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu rose an eyebrow and walked steadily at the same pace as Raike. "So, Raike is jealous of me going with Josh shopping. I am not going to explain myself to Raike, he is not my keeper, but I do not like Josh in that way." Miharu shook his head. "Men. Always a competition and jumping to conclusions."

Miharu glanced at Satoshi who was on the rooftop near them.

Satoshi, go tell Nightmare that he can take the person handcuffed to the pole to the police station and tell him that if he does that, I will buy him a six pack case of beer.

Got it Master.

Satoshi disappeared, obviously going to tell Nightmare about taking him to jail.

"Most likely, as long as Nightmare does not fail, which he will not, whoever that guy is to Raike is in jail now and Nightmare will appear in se...dul...hana..."

Nightmare appeared in front of Miharu. "I put that bastard to jail! Where's my beer?!"

Miharu rolled her eyes. "At the hotel. Now, is Nightmare going to be stalking us?"

Nightmare grinned. "Why not?" Then he noticed Umbreon. "AWWWWWW, LOOK AT THE CUTE LITTLE UMBRE~!" Nightmare stuck his tongue out at the Umbreon, knowing that it would probably make him mad and had already disappeared into the shadows. Miharu sighed, feeling her headache coming back.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh was still waiting for Miharu when someone approached him, "Who are you?" he asked, Josh wasn't sure about this man, "Who wants to know?" Josh asked. He pulled out a gun not dissimilar to the one Josh had now ,"I do" he said, , Josh reacted without thinking, forcing the barrel towards the mans face before the gun misfired, the sound muffled from the gun being pressed against the mans head. People were still gathered over by where Raike's display had been, Josh snatched the gun and made a run for the hotel before anyone noticed him.

Josh examined the gun the man had tried to kill him with, exact same gun and if he had to guess the same man had sold both, "Josh seriously hates that damn man" he said to himself. Josh wondered if the man had purposely chosen this gun, it would make sense, give people who want to kill him same gun, Josh gets more ammo, Josh lives even longer with a constant supply of ammo. "Clever greedy mother *******" he said to himself. He laid down on the bed, no leaving now, people would be finding the man soon and he did not like the odds of being caught looking at his handiwork. Josh put his hands over his face "Why is it the harder Josh tries the harder the universe makes everything" he said unhappily.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • -Raike sighed, shaking his head, still walking at the same pace. His sword hung in a scabbard on his back, which was also given to him by Slade. He looked Miharu in the face, both colored eyes sharp as he spoke to her.-

"That's not what I meant. Heh, if you knew what kind of things that boy had gotten into... But you probably already do don't you? The "law" should know things like that... Whatever. Anyway like I said, I don't care what you do to Daikon, but you may not kill him, he will die by my own hands."

-They were walking through the hotel doors now, and heading up the stairs toward the room. Raven had silently vowed to take revenge on that Gengar. Raike, sensing this through their connection, only smiled.-

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    When Harley came to, she had no idea where she was. White light streamed into her eyes, blinding her. She rubbed them for a few moments, letting her vision correct itself. Everything was so... white? She had never been here before, the smell was unfamiliar. Infact, there was barely any smell at all. When her eyes finally adjusted, she was in a bed. Alone. Her bag had been tossed to the side, her clothes with it. She tried to move but her left arm was bandaged. First thought: no drawing. Second thought: no shifting.

Harley slowly inspected the rest of her body. Her feet and legs were okay, probably as bad as they were before. Her head was okay, there weren't any bandages on it. Her arms? Three gashes had seemed to have been patched on each arm but her left arm had been bandaged from the elbow down. What was under them? She slowly began to unravel it when a man in a white coat came in, quickly rushing to her side and rewrapping it.

"Don't wanna do that, you might start the bleeding again," The man laughed a little. There was a small card on the pocket of the coat. Doctor someone. A doctor. So she was in a hospital.

"Bleeding? What happened?" Harley prodded it a little. It stung quite a bit. She had never been this hurt. Ever.

"You took a nasty tumble down some stairs by the looks. You have some deep bruising and quite a few cuts. Deep ones, bad ones. We need to change your bandages every 2 hours. You could have landed on some glass, although the cuts are a little conspicuous. I'm guessing your Lucario or Zoroark must have grabbed you as you went down. One of them, whichever, must have let you go towards the end, causing the bruising, and went to grab you again, going for your left arm and pretty much tearing it up. Nothing too serious, no muscle tearing. Very close though," the Doctor was reading it off the chart, looking over his glasses every so often. "You didn't lose that much blood since your friend brought you in real quick. Lucky, eh?"

Friend? Harley didn't have any friends. Couldn't have been Ceri, she remembered that she returned him to his ball. Oh, Ceri!

"Ceri! My Zoroark?! Where is he?" Harley sat up straight, pulling at some of the IV cords. The doctor quickly rushed over and pushed her down.

"Your Pokémon are fine. We healed them when you got here. They're fit and ready to go. Although, you are not," the doctor adjusted the IV settings. "You've been here maybe 45 minutes but you're gonna have to stay the night, maybe two. Maybe three. Your iron and vitamin B levels are quite low, probably from the blood loss, although it might be thallesemia beta, or perhaps anemia? Not quite sure, but we're still looking at it. Simple blood tests. Won't hurt much, eh?" He smiled again. Harley blinked back. What the crap was he saying? "Anyways, you'll be fine soon. Just rest."

He made a small adjustment, pulled the curtains around the bed closed and left. Now alone, Harley had more time to figure herself out. She could remember what had happened now, she had left the hotel in hopes of freeing herself from the lunatics. And now, she had to get out of here. The doctor said she was in no real trouble now and she had to relax. That was great, she could relax elsewhere. She grabbed the IV trolley and tried to get up. She wobbled a bit, but she could stand. She took a few steps and stumbled a little. She could still walk. A little. She turned off the IV machine and pulled out the chords from her wrist, whimpering as she did so. She changed, her clothes clean and fresh, noticing the bruises the the doctor was talking about. She saw most of her left leg and left side was bruised and a mirror told her that the left side of her face was quite purple. She went through a few draws and grabbed a whole lot of bandages. Now she needed to get out. Quitely as possible, she released Ceri on to the bed. He instantly jumped to her side, trying to help her but Harley pushed him off.

"I need to do this. For myself! I have an idea to get out and I need your help," she pulled her sketchbook out and a black felt-tipped pen. Her sketchbook was still damp so she shoved it away and picked a blank spot on the wall. She winced as she attemped a Giratina, her arm shaky and stinging. It was messy, but she could still make it out to be what it was meant to be. When she was making the finishing adjustments, Ceri nudged her right hand and she disappeared.

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh was starting to get bored of waiting in the hotel room, but going back outside with people dead by his hand not too far away was definitely not going to happen. He was also starting to get hungry so he checked the rooms mini-bar to see it their was anything to eat, their wasn't but the sight of various miniature bottles of alcohol gave Josh an idea. He found a small book of matched in the drawers and proceeded to test to see which ones were flammable, out of them all only three bottles were.

A little under five minutes later Josh had gotten two small bowls meant for soap and the bathroom and filled one with the flammable alcohol and had taken some of the bullets from the gun of the guy who had tried to kill him in front of the hospital an pulled apart the casing and lead from the primer and powder, the primer and powder being in the other bowl. Josh dipped the palms of both his hands into the alcohol and then took a small bit of the powder/primer mix and clapped his hands. The clap was enough to ignite the powder/primer mix which lit the alcohol on his hands, he stared at his hands for a second before making a ball, he waited for roughly three seconds and opened them, a small wisp of fire drifted upwards from his hands and dissipated before hitting the ceiling but other then that the flames were gone, choked by lack of oxygen.

Josh gave a small smile, "This could make a for a fun show" he thought, "Next person to walk through that door gets a free show" he thought, hearing footsteps he dipped his hands in the alcohol again, then swished a little alcohol around inside his mouth so he could add a section to the trick. He picked up a little of the powder/primer mix and waited for the door to open.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Before Miharu and Raike walked through the doors, Nightmare appeared in front of them.

"I'm going to go get my beer first~!" he exclaimed before walking through the door.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh's face remained impassive as Nightmare stepped through the door, "I'm guessing that the footsteps I heard are Miharu's and Raike's since your here then?" he said calmly. "I hope they enjoy the little show i'm about to put on, feel free to stick around, the more the merrier and such" he finished, then went back to starting at the door.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Nightmare nodded, grinning when he saw the mini-fridge. "Yeah, Mimi-chan and that person with the Umbre is outside." He walked towards the mini-fridge, stuck his hand through the door and grabbed a six pack of Black Persian Beer. "Well, this is my payment and if you try to hurt Mimi-chan I'll have to hit you with my baseball bat~!" He took out his baseball bat and grinned menacingly.

Miharu sighed from outside the door, her Nightmare senses were tingling, as she opened the door completely wide opened and saw Josh and Nightmare near the mini-fridge.

"What...?"

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • "Won't be hurting anyone but myself here" he said placidly as he continued to stare at the door. It started to open, he clapped his hands and the primer/powder mix ignited which ignited the alcohol on his hands. He gave a small grin, this show was most definitely going to shock someone, but it would be a fun little display. He waited to see the face of whoever came through the door first. It was Miharu, he wondered what she would think of this little display, he cupped his hands so the flame couldn't get any oxygen once again, and opened them. A little bit of flame floated through the air, quickly becoming smaller, Josh blew on it and a plume of fire erupted, a bit brighter then Josh had expected but all the more dazzling because of it. It quickly faded from the room but that was ok with Josh, the display had been seen and he waited for reactions.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu blinked at the fire display and sighed when she heard Nightmare laughing. "WHO DOES JOSH THINK IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE FIREWORK DISPLAY?" She stalked into the room, not really caring that she was dragging Raike with her and looked at the room to see if there was any damage. When she saw no damaged, she breathed out in relief.

Nightmare grinned, putting the bat away and shaking hands with Josh. "You, bad sir, are my hero! Anyways, I got my payment so I'm getting out of here. I'll be wandering about the city, causing mayhem and robbing stores! Ciao!"

Before Miharu could yell at Nightmare, he went through the floor and disappeared. She rubbed her forehead with the hand that was not chained, feeling a headache coming.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh put on a small smile, "Well, I assumed i'd pay, how much, forty, fifty thousand, I can pay however much it is" he almost broke down laughing halfway through the sentence. "So how many people did Raike kill then? Or am I the only murderer of the night?" he said, still trying not to laugh as Raike was dragged behind Miharu.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu paused. "Josh killed someone...?" She sighed. She took out handcuffs and placed one of the sides on Josh's wrist and the other on her wrist. She rolled her eyes. "I should get Bishamon to teleport us to jail so I can stick Josh and Raike in it."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • "Self defense" Josh said, "That is what it is when they try to blow your brains out at point blank range, correct?" he said, still trying not to laugh, "Plus, send me to jail and their will be thirty people who will want to literally rip my face off and eat it" he said, a bit of matter of fact-ness in his voice. "Big choice, make yourself a murderer or let one free, your choice" he said darkly.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • -Raike sighed. chuckling a bit halfheartedly-

"I don't kill people, I just punish those who should be punished, and that man you saw who looked like me had much to atone for. Josh, honestly, I don't want to get involved with whatever you are getting into, but I think my brother might have ties to the people who are trying to get to you. He's always been a shady type, but know this, you are not to kill him, as that, if needed, will be my task, mine alone. Now, care to tell me about exactly what you have been doing before we all met?... This thing is chafing me, and annoying me."

-Not exactly knowing the sharpness of the blade and not wanting to "overshoot" the chain and maiming himself, he began to saw at the chain with the sword, an expression of mock-determination on his face.-

"Oh and Raven, you know you missed your chance right?"

-Raven growled and stuck a claw into Raike's leg.-

"Ow, jeeze... just making sure..."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh gave Raike a dark look, "If your 'brother' was involved with the people I was involved with he would either be in jail or would have been killed by 'her'" Josh said,"I'm also not getting into anything, quite the opposite, i'm trying to get out of something that doesn't want to let me go...Now..." Josh paused, "Will Miharu take me to jail, insuring my death, or will she let me go?" He said, giving Miharu a dark stare.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • ((OMG HE'S SPEAKING NORMAL AGAIN XDD-reads last part of post- oh wait -_-"))

-A small amine styled sweat drop appeared on the back of Raike's head. Perhaps Josh didn't know, but Daikon was already in jail, that is if Nightmare was telling the truth. Anyway, he turned his attention back to the situation at hand, sighing, and rubbing his wrist, closing his eyes-

"Miharu, you can't take him in, not yet at least, we need him. Maybe after all this is done, though I think I'm positive you won't catch me, although I really didn't do anything....that bad."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kris Kollyns
    Commotion in the town square!

-----

It seemed my question was not heard as Miharu and Raike headed back to the hotel, hancuffed to each other. I had no idea where they got handcuffs, but I assumed Miharu had conjured them from somewhere. I decided to head back to the hotel to see if I could find out what was going on.

~~~~~

I entered the hotel lobby and took the elevator to our suite. I walked in and noticed the mini-fridge was open, and the air smelled a little burned. "So what was up with the commotion in the square?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I walked over to a chair and sat down, setting down my bag as I did. I pulled out my katana, which was in its sheeth, and my bow and arrow. I set them down by my feet. I would need a comfortable way to carry them while still keeping them hidden.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Harley stumbled her way through the Aether Realm, leaning on Ceri as she went. She would fall and Ceri would catch her, gently lifting her back up. She wouls wince as her bruises and cuts stung horribly, whatever was easing the pain had worn off since she had torn out the IV. But right now what she wanted more than ever was something proper to eat. And when she said proper, she meant greasy, fatty and hardly good for her.

"My fault," Ceri said after he caught her again. She winced.

"It is not your fault. It is my fault for not taking swimming classes, for getting angru at lunatics, taking the stairs and failing to see your pain. My fault," Harley stumbled again.

"My fault."

She returned to the normal world in a toilet cubicle in a shopping centre somewhere in Jubilife. She made her way out to the food court, recieving 30 different looks from 30 different people. Her bruise was a lot more noticable than she thought. There was no way she could keep low. She ordered the fattiest burger with the largest fries on the menu, limped over to a nearby table and ate, savouring every bite.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu hmmed in reply. "After this is over, I should take both Raike and Josh to jail but I will not, however if anything else happens..." she gave a glare to both Josh and Raike, unlocking the handcuffs.

Miharu turned to Kris. "Raike decided to attack someone in the streets, my shiny gengar, Nightmare, hit the guy on the head with a bat when Raike decided to hit my hand, and Josh, apparently, killed one or more people. Yay for Jubilife City! We need to find Anthony so I can kick him in the face."

Back