• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shadows in the Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
  • "Do you think going in would be a good idea?"

'No.'

"Should we anyway?"

'Probably not.'

"Will we?"

'Probably.'

"That's the spirit!" Shine grinned cheerfully as she peered into the darkness of the Celestic Ruins. A thin mist was creeping up around them and it seemed to be coming from inside the cavern. This, naturally, was strange and probably a bad thing. Shine knew this but ignored the fact.

'I could try blasting this mist away with a dose of Flamethrower. You never know, it might work.'

"Of course. Give it a go, Acuity."

Graceful and elegant, the cream colored fox stepped forward and opened its jaws allowing a stream of flames to escape. The fire succeeded in nothing and the Ninetales moved back and sat down, her tails swishing in an agitated way.

"Well, I suppose that's really no surprise. After all, mist is a vapor and the way you turn water into vapor is by applying heat. Still, it was worth a shot." She stepped forward, holding her hand out so that it was just inside the cave. "Seems safe. Shall we?"

Acuity shrugged and followed her trainer inside. The moment they entered a strange feeling crept over both of them. A pressure pressed against them and Shine swayed, suddenly dizzy.

'And now we leave,' Acuity said, turned and pushing her trainer back out of the ruins.

The fresh air helped to clear their heads and they looked at each other. "I wonder what that mist really is. I doubt it's just water vapor."

'Agreed.' Acuity shook her glistening fur and turned away from the cavern's entrance. 'Come on, let's head back to the Pokemon Center.'

Shine didn't object and started off with only a slight glance to the innocent looking mist surrounding the entrance to the ruins. It was a mystery but there was plenty of time to deal with it later.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    "wha?" Blizzard said "the caves' what?"
    "Yes, the caves are acting up for some reason" said proffeser oak "and there is a strange mist coming out of it!"
    "i've gotta see this for my self" said Blizzard "catch ya later Oak." Proffeser Oak waved goodbye and carried on with his research on the caves.Blizzard grabbed one of his pokeballs and pressed the white button on it."Come on out Talis!" he yelled. A Ninetails appeard from the pokeball and cried"Nine-Ninetails!!"
    "Tails take me to cerulian cave!" Blizzard commanded as he jumped onto Tails. Tails obeyed and set off for cerulian cave. When he got to cerulian city, he noticed the mist coming from cerulian cave."Oak realy was right!" he exclaimed.He stared up at the towering cave with mist pouring out of it.Suddenly his mobile phone started to ring.He picked it u and answered it."Hello?" he said,
    "Blizzard!" the voice said "its me Proffeser Oak! And i just fond out that this is going on in other caves too! Not just the ones in Kanto but all the caves in all the regions!!"
    "WHAT!?!" Blizzard exclaimed with a shocked look on his face. "do you know what is causing it Oak?" he questioned.
    "uh...I.....hmmm.....no." Oak said with dissapointment.
    "yeah, some great proffeser you are!" Said Blizzard with sarcasem."anyways im gonna go to my house and see if i can figure out whats causing this, theres loads of books at my house about nearly everything!!!" So Blizzard closed his phone and jogged off to his house.

Last edited:

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • ((Celestic Town Ho! *points forwards dramatically*))

"...Ladies and Gentlemen. We apologies for the inconvenience, but due to freak weather conditions reported ahead, we will be delayed somewhat" there was a rustling of paper over the intercom, "Thank you for choosing the SS Marie." Suddenly, worried chatter broke out around the boat, people wondered what had happened, and how long they would be delayed for. Chres glanced up from his deck chair when he heard the message, but flopped back down again, deciding he didn't really care. So what if he was going to be late, Steve could handle it. Overhead he heard a familiar cawing and smiled as his Pidgey fluttered down next to him

"Hey Flomp. Have a nice time?" he asked lazily. The reply would have seemed like any Pidgey's to anyone else, but Chres liked to think he could interpret what Flomp meant, which was, in this case; yes, thank you. The man opened his eyes for a second to look at his Pokemon, but the sun was shining too brightly, and he groaned and shut them again.

"What the heck is that?" he heard a woman shout from the front of the deck, and, ever curious, he leapt up from his chair and ran over to where a small crown had gathered on the front part of the open deck. This was presumably the 'freak weather' the intercom had talked about, and freak was right: Just beyond the volcanic island they were passing, there was a huge body of fog, just hanging in the air, immobile. This wasn't even the strangest part; most of this weird mist seemed to be emanating from cracks and openings in a part of the volcano that made up Sootopolis Island. It wasn't smoke, Chres realized that, but it was still undeniably odd. The intercom crackled back into life again,

"Ladies and Gentlemen, our next stop is Sootopolis Island. Please depart the boat in an orderly fashion, and do not depart of you with to travel further aboard the SS Marie, as only those with Sootopolis tickets will be admitted. Thank you" Chres mapped the root out in his head; Sootopolis, Pastoria, and then Sunnyshore, where he would depart and walk the distance to his friend Steve's house in Celestic. That gave him a good couple of hours to lie in his deck chair and do nothing.

((I'm skipping over the boat stopping in Sootopolis))

"Hey man, are you a trainer? You wanna battle?" well, maybe not nothing. He was about to tell this kid right where he could shove his Pokedex, when he suddenly felt extremely dizzy, even though he was still lying down, barely moving. He looked around, and realized that they had entered the weird fog. Everyone else seemed to be experiencing similar effects to him, with some leaning over the edge of the boat and retching violently. Just as soon as they had entered the fog, they had exited it again, and were sailing on a peaceful sea with the sun shining overhead. Chres dismissed this as an unusual property of the 'freak weather', and fished out his headphones. He decided to listen to his playlist marked 'feel-good', and settled back down into his deck chair, twitching his feet in time to the happy electronica that began playing, leaving the eager child to sulk off somewhere else.

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Rukia walked out of the Pokemon Center in Pastoria City, "You feeling better Sparx?" she asked her Shinx.

"Shinx!" the Pokemon nodded his head. "Know lets head to the Gym and and get our 4th gym badge." she added putting Shinx on her shoulder. "Heh I'm going to have a good advantage since all my Pokemon are electric type." Rukia grinned and so did Shinx.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    When Blizzard reached his house he slammed open the door.
    "Hunny, im hoooome!" he said with a silly voice.
    "oh hi dear" his mum said "want some lunch?"
    "Cant," Blizzard said running over to the bookshelf "i need to study somin'!"
    "What do you need to study dear-y?" His mum said with curiosity.
    "Long story...." he mutterd while grabbing all the books he can about mountins.His mum rolled her eyes and went back to making lunch.

((OOC: 30 mins later))
    Blizzard slammed the book shut and groaned.I'm not gonna find out about it like this!!! he thought to himself I should go look for myself!,and with that he sprinted out of the house and onto Tails' back.He stroked her fur gently."Your getting a little too fluffy don't ya think Tails?" he said with a grin."Tails-Ninetails!" Tails howled."now lets go to Cerulian cave!" he said pointing foward.Tails sprinted off to the cave as told. Tails loved to run and thats why she got good at it.
    When they were at the cave,Blizzard jummped off of Tails' back and put her back in her poke-ball.Blizzard stared at the HUGE! cave with smoke pouring out of it.He stared at the entrance looming with fog.Blizzard sighed and said "well...here i go." Straight as he even stepped one foot into the cave, he started feeling dizzy."And here i don't" he said walking out of the cave.He decied he shouldn't go back in there otherwise somthing bad might happen.He had to see if this was going on in other regions because if it was, then something isn't right.Emideatly he set off on his bike to the next ferrie to Sihnoh((OOC: dunno if thats the right spellings)).

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Rukia stepped into the gym, Wake was the gym leader the gym was water based, "Where is he..." she thought.

"Oh hello new trainer." Wake said with his Gyarados out.

"Wow a Gyarados." Rukia said. "Hi I'm Rukia and I'm from Twinleaf Town, and I'm here for my 4th gym badge." she added.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Wake. My specialty is Water type. We can start the match right know. Three on Three." he explained jumping onto a platform.

"Yes..." Rukia also jumped on a platform.

"Three on Three Pokemon battle against Wake of Pastoria City vrs. Rukia of Twinleaf! Begin!" said the judge.

"Go Sparx!" she said as her Shinx stepped into the battle arena.

"Go Gyarados!" Wake ordored.

"Sparx use thunder!" Rukia shouted.

"Dive under the water Gyarados." Wake said.

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Not soon after Shinx defeated Gyarados, so Wake took out his next Pokemon.

"Go Quagsire!" he shouted.

"Shoot Quagsire's part ground. This is going to be hard." Rukia thought. "Sparx return. Go Pachirisu!" Rukia shouted as a cute little Pokemon came out. "Use Attract!" she ordered as the move hit the Quagsire, the Pokemon fell in love.

"What?! Quagsire snap out of it!" Wake said.

Too late Quagsire was in a trance. "Pachirisu use Quick Attack!" and before Wake new it the little Pokemon was running at a extreme speed.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    Blizzard just made it at the ferrie as the guard was about to close the gate."hey!" Blizzard yelled "i've got a ticket!!".The gaurd looked at the ticket and then let Blizzard in.As the ferrie set off, Blizzard found a nice place to sit down in the sun.Might aswell let them have a bit of fresh air he thought to himself.He grabbed his pokeballs and turned on all there white buttons.Out came His Ninetails,Tails,his Steelix,Skull and his Electabuzz,Buzz."go have a bit of a wonder or somin for a while" he said.His pokemon all smiled and walked off.

Later on,they all returned to Blizzard."Have a nice time?" he asked them."Ninetails!,Electabuzz!,Steelix!" they yelled with big smiles."Had enough?" he asked.They all nodded so Blizzard returned them all.He put some sun cream on that he forgot to put on before and lied on the chair.

Last edited:

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Pachirisu hit Quagsire hard with her Quick Attack. "Yes! Good job Pachirisu!" Rukia said punching a fist in the air.

Quagsire fell into the water and shook his head.

"Quagsire use Hydro Pump!" Wake shouted.

"What?" Rukia thought. Pachirisu hit the wall and got knocked out. "Pachirisu!" Rukia ran over to Pachirisu and picked her up. "Good job buddy...return." she said returning Pachirisu to her Pokeball. "Go Pichu!" she said throwing her final Pokeball in the air.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    "HEY!!!" a voice said to Blizzards right."your a trainer right?".Blizzard looked to the right and saw that it was a little kid about 8 and a half years old with trendy clothes and bling on him."ye" he said looking at him smirking a little "by the way is that supposed to make you look cool?"
    "yeah" the kid said "you like it?".Blizzard burst out laughing at the sight of him.He finaly stopped laughing but now and then he would give a little smirk."Wanna pokemon battle?" he said with anger."bring it on" Blizzard said with a grin on his face."by the way," he said "you do know im gonna whip your butt with these pokemon?".
    "Just send your pokemon out!" he said filled with anger."go caterpie!!!" the kid yelled.A tiny caterpie appeared from the pokeball.
    "caterpie!!!" it cried.
    Blizzard burst out laughing again again.
    "your gonna get canned mate" he said."go Skull!!!he yelled.
    A HUGE!!! Steelix rose into the air and let out an almighty roar.
    "Skull us tackle on caterpie!" he said yawning loudly.
    Steelix charged at caterpie and squished it like a bug (since it was bug type).The kid picked up his caterpie and looked up at blizzard."Your mean!!!" he yelled and with that he ran off.
    Blizzard smirked and returned Skull.He then layed back down and continued sunbathing.

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    "Pichu use Quick attack!" Rukia shouted. Pichu hit Quagsire hard, and finally knocked him out after a few more rounds. "Yes! Good job Pichu!"

Wake sent out his final Pokemon, "Go Floatzel!"

"Huh?" she took out her Pokedex and it said,

Floatzel the Sea Weasel Pokémon. The yellow flotation device it had as a Buizel appears to have grown and now functions as a boa. It gives the impression of a swimmer with towel draped around its shoulders. If Floatzel laid on its back, the structure round its neck could also be interpreted as a sort of inflatable dinghy using its tails much like its pre-evolution, as a propeller and its fins as oars. These small fins on Buizel's forelimbs grown into full-fledge fins that are used for a razor wind attack. Male Floatzel have two marks on their backs, while females have one.

"Hm so a Floatzel." Rukia murmured. "Return Pichu have a nice long rest. Go Sparx!" she said taking out Shinx. "Sparx use Spark!" she shouted.

Shinx's whole body glowed blue and then tackled Floatzel.

Floatzel fell to the ground but got back up again. "Floatzel use Ice Fang!" Wake shouted.

"Dodge then use Quick Attack." Rukia shouted.

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Rukia picked Shinx up. "Hello." she said to the girl once Rukia got her fourth gym badge. "I'm Rukia Saika." she introduced herself and Shinx. "This is Shinx but I call him Sparx." she said smiling.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    Finaly the ferrie arrived at sinnoh.As he left the ferrie,a man gave him a map of sinnoh island."Well might aswell fight a few gyms" he said."Hmmm.... the water gym in pastoria city looks cool, i think ill go there!Blizzard got on his bike and road off to the water gym.

When he got there he noticed a trainer by the door.He walked up to her and just as he was just about to speak.... the earth tremored."What was that?" blizzard asked the trainer.

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    "That was a Ice Fang attack coming from the gym leader's Pokemon." Rukia said to the boy. "I just finished my battle with him and got my 4th gym badge." she added. "By the way I'm Rukia." she said.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    "That must of been one big ice fang!!!But I could do a fart louder than that!" Blizzard said smiling."Nah im kidding,oh and my names Blizzard but call me blizz"

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    She smiled back, "It's nice to meat you Blizz." she said. "Mist? I wonder what Pokemon's using it." she murmured.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    Blizzard looked up and saw the fog coming out of the ruins.
    "Wow!, its happening here aswell! If its happening here then it must be happining in johto and hoen" he said.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    "this is happening everywhere in all the caves and cave related places" Blizzard said still staring up.Then he looked back down at Rukia."we need to figure out whats going on!" He said with a diturmend voice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back