• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Years
  • I got the 6th bage. Then I went to explore the areas that came afterwards. Caught some Pokémon, also some new ones. I already reached the city with the frosty cave but I decided I want to try to evolve some of the new Pokémon I caught before I go any further. One of them has evolved so far.

Years
  • Finally have bitten the elite 4 and the champion.
    probably this was the strongest team I ever had in main story(not that they was overleveled, just good pokemon). Had megacharizardY, Greninja, Tyrantrum, florges, Doublade' evo and Avalugg.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    On my way to victory road now. Well I'm supposed to be but I might look around winding forest a bit more. I found ditto in the pokemon village.

Overall I'm disappointed with the difficulty of the gym leaders. The last gym leader having just three pokemon is crazy. Wiped the floor with him in no time at all. The game has still been very enjoyable though.

Delphox lv 55
    Swanna lv 54
    Malamar lv 53
    Mawile lv 52
    Dragalge lv 53
    Trevenant lv 52

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I beaten the E4 and the champion last night. They were kind if a push over. But gave me some ok exp. My team was:

Greninja lvl 65
    Male
    Held item: Mystic Water
    Ability: Torrent
    -Dig
    -Water Pulse
    -Surf
    -Extrasensory

Blaziken lvl 68
    Male
    Held item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost
    -Shadow Claw
    -Blaze Kick
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Fire pledge

Charizard lvl 66
    Male
    Held item: Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze; tough claws (in mega form)
    -Fly
    -Slash
    -Flamethrower
    -Shadow Claw

Tyrantrum lvl 66
    Male
    Ability: Tough Jaw
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Ancient Power

Trevenant lvl 66
    Male
    Held item: Big Root
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Leech Seed
    -Horn Leech
    -Phantom Force
    -Wood Hammer

Xerneus lvl 66
    No gender (if it would have one, I'd say female)
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    -Night Slash
    -Horn Leech
    - Moon Blast
    -Megahorn

That was the team I used and will forever be my go-to guys. Now it's time to start breeding some torchic's and froakie's and other stuff.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    In the elite four room about to take them on.

Delphox lv 60
    Trevenant lv 58
    Malamar lv 60
    Dragalge lv 58
    Swanna lv 59
    Mawile lv 59

Mawilenite would have been really useful, but Mawile learned Iron head recently so it'll get some good stab from that at least.

Edit: Just defeated the champion. Mawile dealed the final blow.

Last edited:

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • So I went to fight Articuno and he wasnt in the cave, he swoops down on you. I didn't know that so I ran in, confused and went into the battle without saving. Then Articuno died so I had to make the choice, reset and lose my save data from a while back, or let him stay dead.

Now I'm catching all the pokemon again. Sigh

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm currently training a Floette and a Gengar.

I think I'll update this as soon as I beat the sixth gym.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • I finally beat the game a few hours ago. My final team was this:

- Mega Blaziken (too powerfull)
    - Aurorus (Takes hits like a boss)
    - Dragalge (****s up all the fairies)
    - Hawlucha (MVP)
    - Chesnaught (Not as good as i had hoped)
    - Pinsir (HM slave)

I think this game was far too easy. I did not grind once and my exp. share was turned off for the most time. But still i breezed through the game. My blaziken OHKO'd every pokemon in the 8th gym. and for each elite four member i only needed 1 pokemon. And i only used my hawlucha for the champion.

Years
  • Got Naughty (+Atk) Torchic with at least 30 Atk and 30 HP IV (calculated from Serebii) after 1 SR :D

5celuw.jpg

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Wow....I was hatching an egg along route 6 and accidentally stepped in the grass.

A Zapdos appeared but it ran away before I could do anything....I'm guessing that's ok?

Years
  • About hour and half ago I beat the crap out of Viola with Chespin's Rollout.

Now my team looks like this after beating Sycamore and obtaining Squirtle:
    L10 Squirtle
    L17 Combusken
    L18 Quilladin

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Haven't updated in a while. I picked up Charmander from Prof. Sycamore. I also caught a Skiddo in Route 5 and did a lot of grinding. I'm at the Parfum Palace now and I have yet to get the Poké Flute to wake up Snorlax.

Current team:

Frogadier, male, level 24:
    -Lick
    -Round
    -Water Pulse
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Timid

Fletchinder, female, level 19
    -Ember
    -Agility
    -Quick Attack
    -Peck
    Nature: Naive

Combusken, male, level 19
    -Peck
    -Double Kick
    -Focus Energy
    -Ember
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Floette, female, level 19
    -Tackle
    -Razor Leaf
    -Fairy Wind
    -Lucky Chant
    Nature: Modest

Skiddo, female, level 19
    -Tackle
    -Growth
    -Razor Leaf
    -Leech Seed
    Nature: Naive

Last edited:

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Still hunting for shinies. Having doubts about my team again. However Meowstic (female) and Simisage have been EV-trained, I find their stats disappointing. Aerodactyl however is a great success and will definitely stay in my party.

Team so far:

Pangoro Lv.76
    Aerodactyl Lv.22
    Meowstic Lv.42
    Simisage Lv.39

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I have started breeding for a shiny torchic, charmander, and Froakie. I am also continuing training my fletchinder, Skiddo, and litleo. I will be training the Fenniken I got from Shauna and the Chespin I got from a trade.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    The thread was locked because it really wasn't much of a discussion.. but:

I FINALLY CAUGHT A MALE LITLEO. Damn 50%..

So, finally onto the fifth gym. I'm getting to the Elite 4 at a Snail's Pace.. And I still have to do it all again in X! AND now that information is starting to pour into the interwebs, I may need to invest some time in Generation V as well. But it's been enjoyable so far - haven't been able to completely put this down.

I'm thinking of taking out that Torchic or Charmander of mine and EV Training them via Super Training/Vitamins/whatever before even actually leveling them up. We'll see... especially since I'm doing this all #forCharizard :)

Years
  • I just traded my Ditto for a Squirtle, then I battled some random people on Passerby.

My team got almost swept by Mega Blaziken but thanks to the power of hax I won ._.

5-0 is just the beginning, Oh power of hax grant me immortality!!!

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Haven't really been playing due to being busy on the Friday and the Saturday, but for the small amount I played on for, I noticed a very interesting trend which is extremely unusual for me, which is the mass amount of female pokemon I have been catching. No real new news of note, but when I next play it will be time to open up a new route and perhaps catch a few less pokemon...

Team 36 (10/36 pokemon)

Party Pokemon
    Zelda ( lvl 18 Zigzagoon, Female, Modest) why you no have Pickup? *cry*
    Tao (lvl 14 Pancham, Male, Calm) Makes an interesting story character, but not the best choice to lay down a smackdown....
    Barbs (lvl 18 Beedrill, Female, Calm) Bee-ing real mellow at the moment
    Flamberge (lvl 12 Honedge, Female, Naughty) The thought of what "she" could get up to terrifies me
    Shaggy (lvl 16 Furfrou, Female, Lax) For some reason, I feel like a real prick naming her that...
    Mystic (lvl 11 Espurr, Female, Hardy) Mystical Magic Kitty! Must hug...

Team 36 Box
    Sacred Lotus (lvl 18 Ivysaur, Male, Adamant) Should of chose Charmander....
    Flurry (lvl 18 Pidgeotto, Female, Jolly) Just earnt her bigger wings
    Pyrena (lvl 18 Litleo, Female, Gentle) Likes playing "Toast the Pidgeotto"
    Cinnamon (lvl 19 Braixen, Male, Bold) I have a real hard time boxing him, makes me feel guilty...every time....

Years
  • About to face the 4th gym leader. I must say the time gap between 1st and 2nd gym was really long, though.

Lv36 Tyrunt
    Lv39 Blastoise
    Lv40 Chesnaught
    Lv42 Blaziken

Back