• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Years
  • Today's update, with a correction and additional information:

I got Lucario, and Tyrunt evolved into Tyrantrum. I'm exploring Frost Cavern. I'm on Mamoswine traveling to Anistar City. I finally have an Eevee on my team and decided to use a Thunderstone on it to evolve it into Jolteon.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm now facing the fourth gym. However, I've got some noteworthy things to mention.

Before I got the third badge, all of my Pokemon (except for Pikachu and Tyrunt) got to evolve.

Also, when I got my own Lucario, I decided to box Pikachu, since my Meowstic knows Charge Beam now.

Years
  • I'm in the forest trying to find the 8th gym leader (at least that's what I think I'm supposed to be doing). I really want to beat the game tonight because my club's Pokemon meeting is tomorrow, and I wanted to be done by then. The problem is I have some homework to do tonight. :/

No new changes to the team yet, although I searched a while for a Noibat and couldn't find one. Current levels range from 67-68.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    Quick update as I'm playing today.. I'm (hopefully) about to get my third gym badge. But..

Dear heavens going back to pick my berries is not fun XD Also.. I seem to be stuck on the idea that I can catch every monster with either a regular PokeBall or a Premier Ball. I haven't used any others yet. :P Let's see how long that lasts lol

I also caught a Ferroseed.. :)

UPDATE: and now a Ledyba decided it would be cool and hide in the tree and take my berries. Yeah.. meet my Tyrunt's jaw.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So I'm at the Lysandre Labs and I'm really looking forward to working my way through this place, it looks very intriguing! Since my last update I've trained up a little bit, explored some new places and got my seventh gym badge! Here is the team thus far;

Team

Clawitzer Lv. 46 Water
    693.png

~ Surf
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Bubble Beam
    ~ Swords Dance

Aurorus Lv. 47 Rock/Ice
    699.png

~ Calm Mind
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Ancient Power
    ~ Aurora Beam

Delphox Lv. 47 Fire/Psychic
    655.png

~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Psyshock
    ~ Calm Mind

Malamar Lv. 47 Dark/Psychic
    687.png

~ Slash
    ~ Foul Play
    ~ Psycho Cut
    ~ Night Slash

Talonflame Lv. 47 Fire/Flying
    663.png

~ Fly
    ~ Roost
    ~ Flame Charge
    ~ Acrobatics

Klefki Lv. 51 Steel/Fairy
    707.png

~ Play Rough
    ~ Foul Play
    ~ Dazzling Gleam
    ~ Magic Room

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Quick update: I got a phantump and is now lvl 38. I've been training in the frost cavern:

Current team now:
    Mightyena (Black Knight) lvl 45
    Phantump lvl 38
    Charizard lvl 47
    Tyrantrum lvl 46
    Greninja lvl 47
    Blaziken lvl 48

Oh, and my team is all males :| first time this happened in a looooong time.
    I am also looking for someone to help me evolve my phantump. So if anyone could help me that would be great!

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Bought X, and I have to say I am very pleased with the array of fire pokemon (although I know this should be obvious, given the array of pokemon in general in the game). Current team: Fletchinder, Froakie, Charmander, Pansear, Torchic. The rest are in the PC currently, because I plan on catching an HM slave on route 5. I just need to say that I love the dancing kid, he's awesome. And that is all.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Ok I finally get my Tyrunt and rightfully named him Sharptooth. As I continue my journey I decide that I do need a Flying type and Siligylph gets that lucky spot. I fight the Gym leader grant and he takes out almost my whole team with Amaura, my Ivysaur failed 3 Sleep Powder in a row and Amaura took him out. Amaura continues to sweep my whole team except for Frogadier, my beloved Jiraiya succeeds in defeating both Amaura & Tyrunt and so I get my second badge.

Next up is my third gym, Im sure to prepare for this one so I won't have a difficult battle like the first 2 gyms. I evolve my Frogadier into a Greninja and my Ivysaur into a Venasaur, I defeat Serena and so I go to challenge the Fighting type Gym Leader. This was one of the easiest gyms, I never really liked Siligylph as a pokemon but I got to admit, Siligylph sweeped that Gym like a boss!

The fourth Gym felt like filler to me to be honest, it seem like a small stepping stone before you can continue the main story. Still I did acquired Grass Knot for it, that's good :).

I successfully restarted the Power Plant and decided to finally use Super Training. Before I started this game I wasn't planning on making this team a competitive team but I still wanted to get close to a competitive team as I possibly could. With Greninja I choosed to boost attack and speed, I don't know any of these pokemon move sets so I'm hoping he gets good physical STAB moves. With Tyrunt who is actually a Tyrantrum now, I also choosed Attack and Speed, Tyrantrum stats looks similar to Tyranitar so I decided on a similar set. Finally the one I'm training now is a Clauncher with focus on Sp. Attack and Speed.

My current pokemon are

-Greninja
    -Venasaur
    -Doublade
    -Tyrantrum
    -Siligylph

the last spot varies until I get Goomy.

Years
  • I just beat the Pokemon League! I couldn't find a Noibat, so I just went in with a team of 5. I didn't really have many problems since my team was much stronger than everyone else's. Also, I made sure that I had one pokemon that knew Ice Beam and another that knew Thunderbolt, so it made my life a lot easier. All of my pokemon finished at level 76 or 77.

Although the end had me shaking and in tears, although I don't want to say too much for people who haven't finished it. Call me sentimental. :P

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Just challenge and 6th gym and did a few grinding and came to a realization that I want to be Claire, Dragon Master Shenanigans. Anyways my team got a make over, Pikachu and Pidgeot has left the reserve list and was replace by Dragalge and Noivern, and Mawile enters as my 6th and final reserve.

Update! Just finish the the game, log-in 54 hours in total. Kalos region was such a blast to explore, having 12 pokemons to switch around made exploring fun and it felt like I truly bonded with my Pokemon along our journey. From Delphox to Mawile, all 12 of my Pokemons shine brightly in every gym battle and each of them had memorable wins against Rivals & Team Flare. In all, Pokemon Y was an amazing game, pokemon amie made me realize even if they were just "data", we spent countless of hours along side our pokemon, the frustration of losing, the happiness of winning, the journey across a whole new region. So here is the main team I used against the E4 and the Champ;

Team

Spoiler:

Reserve
    Spoiler:

I love every single one of my pokemon and I have enjoy travelling around Kalos with them. With my reserve as my post-game team and now I'm looking to add 6 more pokemons to my Kalos Family.

So what's next for Me and my Kalos crew? We're just gonna sight see around Kalos and challenge both the Battle Chateau and Battle Maison. My Pokemon are eager to face the Gym Leaders of Kalos in the Battle Chateau. And that's my update <3

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Defeated the Elite Four trying it for a second time. Had a bit trouble with Gyarados on my first try. On the second try however, my Meowstic had no problems with him and killed it with one Thunderbolt after maximizing Special Attack with Calm Mind.

After that, I received a Froakie and traded my Sentret for it, I went to that new town, got a Pokéradar (figured out that it only works when you're walking, so no skates). Now I'm trying to hatch my Bulbasaur and Lickitung (hoping for a shiny) eggs.

My team:

Pangoro Lv.71
    Blastoise Lv.68
    Chesnaught Lv.62
    Meowstic Lv.58

I am also training my Power Trained female Espurr. Still thinking who I want to complete my team and if Chesnaught will stay there.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Currently on route 16 battling the fisherman, picked up a super rod here too. I also decided on Phantump for my last team member. Partially because looking for a super size pumpkaboo was a pain and partially because Phantump has grown on me. Phantump is an annoying little bugger with leech seed and will o wisp. :P

Delphox lv 44 (Fire/Psychic)
    Swanna lv 45 (Water/Flying)
    Malamar lv 45 (Dark/Psychic)
    Mawile lv 47 (Steel/Fairy)
    Skrelp lv 44 (Poison/Water)
    Phantump lv 40 (Ghost/Grass)

I think I have a well rounded team now. I tried a sky battle but my swanna got thrashed by an emolga, won't be bothering with that again any time soon. Glad they're optional.

Also I think the rate of critical captures might have increased. I've had so many occur over the last day.

Last edited:

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I caught Xerneas last night...with a single Ultra Ball. That's never happened to me before, so I'm quite pleased that I didn't have to use my Master Ball or chuck half a million balls at it before I caught it. The only downside is its nature, which is Jolly...although according to Smogon it learns some passable physical moves and has a decent enough attack stat, so I've Super Trained it in Attack and Speed. Now I just need to train it 20 levels to catch up with the rest of my party! xD

Still got one badge to go, although I've started to slow down with the game a bit now since I'm approaching the end.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Having caught Xerneas, I had to make the hard choice of which pokemon to remove from the team so my Raichu will now be gaining experience at the daycare rather than with my team. I'll also now have a Sylveon waiting in reserve at the daycare. Now onwards to finishing the game. I have registered 18 hours and 18 minutes up to now.

Team -

Delphox Lv. 58
    Venusaur Lv. 57
    Aurorus Lv. 54
    Pidgeot Lv. 53
    Lucario Lv. 53
    Xerneas Lv. 50

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • I've decided to restart my Pokemon X version to try out something a bit crazy. Rather than just training a team of 6, I'll be train up a total of 36 different pokemon with the following restrictions in play. (Note: Its not technically a challenge due to having access to so many pokemon and not a huge amount of randomization nor restriction)

- Out of the 36 pokemon, there must be 2 of each element type, dual element pokemon count as both elements
    - I must have at least 5 pokemon from each generation
    - HM Slaves count towards the 36 pokemon, and thus must also be trained up.
    - In the end, I'm only allowed one of a fully evolved pokemon

This is designed so I can have a well-rounded look of the pokemon of each generation from 1st to newest.

I'll be having fun, and it will allow me to not have so many troubles about which pokemon that will be on a team, something that I had massive problems with earlier. Although recording down the lvls of 32 pokemon gonna be time-consuming :D

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I've decided to restart my Pokemon X version to try out something a bit crazy. Rather than just training a team of 6, I'll be train up a total of 36 different pokemon with the following restrictions in play. (Note: Its not technically a challenge due to having access to so many pokemon and not a huge amount of randomization nor restriction)

- Out of the 36 pokemon, there must be 2 of each element type, dual element pokemon count as both elements
    - I must have at least 5 pokemon from each generation
    - HM Slaves count towards the 36 pokemon, and thus must also be trained up.
    - In the end, I'm only allowed one of a fully evolved pokemon

This is designed so I can have a well-rounded look of the pokemon of each generation from 1st to newest.

I'll be having fun, and it will allow me to not have so many troubles about which pokemon that will be on a team, something that I had massive problems with earlier. Although recording down the lvls of 32 pokemon gonna be time-consuming :D

That sounds both complicated and interesting, and I wish you luck on that.

As for me, I'm going after Team Flare- currently in Reflection Cave with two gym badges and 13 hours, 14 minutes for playtime. I'm training up a Riolu I got in a Wonder Trade, it's not too far behind the rest of my team and is strong enough to handle Wilds where I currently am story-wise!~

My Team So Far!
    Riolu lv. 26 ♂
    Braixen lv. 31 ♂
    Fletchinder lv. 32 ♂
    Wartortle lv. 32 ♂
    Absol lv. 33 ♀
    Meowstic lv. 33 ♂

I am a bit unpleased with the M-F ratio of my team, but so far it's looking like my E4 team so I won't let it bother me.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I have just caught Xerneus and made the choice of replacing my phantump until I evolve it. A good thing is that my team isn't that far ahead in levels. My original plan was to have a fairy type on my team, and now I do. But I also wanted a grass and a ghost type, so I'll be switching between Xerneus and phantump.

My team as of now:
    Xerneus lvl 51
    Black Knight (Mightyena) lvl 51
    Blaziken lvl 53
    Charizard lvl 53
    Greninja lvl 53
    Tyrantrum lvl 54

I am also training:
    Phantump lvl 51

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I didn't think I would do much noteworthy today, but I did. I defeated the fourth Gym Leader, replaced Pangoro with a newly caught Trapinch, evolved it, and reached the Kalos Power Plant.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not exactly travel but it'll have to do.

I just had a doozy of a realisation regarding a pokemon thanks to viewing the model closely in the pokedex. The pokemon is barboach, for some reason I always thought it's mouth was an eye and that it was some kind of cyclops fish. Probably sounds bizarre to some people but ever since I saw it in the 3rd gen I've been convinced that was the case.

I remember thinking it was such a random oddball of a pokemon when I first encountered it in sapphire.

Gee that was such a surprise, I like the pokemon more now though.

Back