• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Move Tutors

Hey im curious about one thing zel, would you keep the move tutors from FR into SG, they will still be there, should they?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Anyway, about the changing in climate of victory road, perhaps, you should make it of each element? Or, unless you already had that planned, lol, anyway, Ill get back to work on that thing, :P

I don't know if there are too many tilesets to make it look as different climates (I just remembered hot and cold, I do not wish to tile make more, maybe you can add "grass". After all, the original Victory Road didn't have a lot of floors)

hey, zel, off topic to what everyone else is dicussing, but are you maybe going to put some evolved starters on victory road.

Well, I am sorry, but I'm basing the hack on the "starters are starters" idea. This means that all starters should be found unevolved and at lv1 (hehe... hard to catch, but in a completely different way :laugh:)

Hey Zel, I made these GS Balls awhile ago, you might want them?

They do not look bad, I wanna try spriting a gs-ball myself :D
I'll compare the result later after I do so.

Zel,can you make the bug-catching contest become a time-based event?I want it work more than twice!

The idea is that it'll be working after events during the whole game, and, after defeating Red at Mt.Silver, it'll become a "timed event" (a "bug maniac" are you? :P)

can someone help on one of the pics i saw that the player that you play with was part in kanto do you go through the trees or something

It was really a bug caused when you used "teleport" at Route44. But I do not recommend causing the bug, or it'll ruin the game (you will not be able to go back, and, anyway, Kanto is really glitched right now, so there's no point in it)

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but whenever I leave my own house in the game, the screen goes black, and nothing shows up, but the sound is still playing in the background. I patched it properly, but I have two patches running because one is for this game, and the other is for the saving option. Is there any way of fixing this.

You can't play with two patches (because the patch for Shiny Gold requires to be applied on a "clean" rom) To avoid needing the saving patch, all you need to do is activate the option in your VBA emulator: Options->Emulator->Save Type->Flash 128k
(Most likely, the old save you were using should be deleted and you'd need to start the game from zero. But I'm not sure about this)

I dont know if anyone noticed this but if you go to where the boat is in olvine city and use surf 2 steps to the right of the sailor gaurding the entrance and surf to right beside him you can get to the boat.

I need to fix that, thanks!

in taht rocket hideout there isn't a sec password cause i talked to everyone and beat everyone inthere only got 1 pass and i can't open door with that

The two passwords should be given by a female rocket standing in front of a pc; and a rocket grunt who likes to say "hyuck-hyuck-hyuck" :laugh:

hey, zel, is the dungeon that hosts the gs ball just going to be for that, or is it going to have other uses too???

The GS-Ball is the main treasure, but some items could be found there as well. And don't forget wild pokemon, and the guard, they can be catched also.

will you have a strong ev trained pokemon gaurding it or will it be weak in evs? I was wondering so I could know if it would be worth catching.

Well, EVs are values for you to train the poke on a stat you want, and, all pokes start with 0 EVs for all their stats when you capture them (and is a mystery for when you battle them, since all is randomly generated)
Same goes for IVs, they are randomly generated, so we can't control them. Unless we modify the stats for that and every other poke like that (say: for all the "Pikachus"). Which is a thing I'm not going to do.

Hey im curious about one thing zel, would you keep the move tutors from FR into SG, they will still be there, should they?

For now, they won't be around. I'd like to see a way to change the move they taught, so they would be more useful. Think of it as an extra for the future.

Couldn't do much today, tomorrow maybe...

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Thanks Zel, I made them awhile ago, I'm much better at spriting and recoloring now.

Who would have thought that this thread would be up to 90 pages and over 2000 posts when you first decided to post it, truely amazing Zel. You are raising in the ranks of the all time greatest Poke-Rom hackers.

It's amazing how far you've come, you have inspired many new hackers and helped many more. I think you are doing a fantastic job on this hack and I can't wait to see it completed.

Congrats Zel on the Great work. Keep it up.

-Darthatron

Years
Alright, I've actually made time to play this game quite thoroughly, and there are two glitches that I haven't seen mentioned, which I have encountered.

1. The rocket guards that are guarding the entrance to Lake of Rage, once you pay, and you talk to the male one, he will have the same script as Nurse Joy, and will heal your pokemon. After, his sprite changes to a nerd type sprite. I will post a screen if you want, and the other rocket, talks like one of the people in a Pokecenter. Should get that fixed, lol.

2. Now, I'm not sure if the above glitch effects this or not, but the Gyarados sprite in Lake of Rage is the main character's main sprite just standing there and when I talk to it, it commences the Gyarados battle. Now, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that sprite, or if the above glitch messes around with it, but it's a glitch nonetheless.

If any of the above glitches were mentioned, then I apoligize. But their appearances are odd.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
hey just wanna say huge fan, congrats to everyone who has contributed into making this, having a lot of fun...anyway just wanted to ask how full are everyone's dex's? Also is there anyway to catch a bagon or larvitar or would u have to trade or somethin?

Thanks.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Alright, I've actually made time to play this game quite thoroughly, and there are two glitches that I haven't seen mentioned, which I have encountered.

1. The rocket guards that are guarding the entrance to Lake of Rage, once you pay, and you talk to the male one, he will have the same script as Nurse Joy, and will heal your pokemon. After, his sprite changes to a nerd type sprite. I will post a screen if you want, and the other rocket, talks like one of the people in a Pokecenter. Should get that fixed, lol.

2. Now, I'm not sure if the above glitch effects this or not, but the Gyarados sprite in Lake of Rage is the main character's main sprite just standing there and when I talk to it, it commences the Gyarados battle. Now, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that sprite, or if the above glitch messes around with it, but it's a glitch nonetheless.

If any of the above glitches were mentioned, then I apoligize. But their appearances are odd.

Ok im confused about one thing, did you or did you not, play the 3.5 beta version, cause it seems you playing beta 3, those glitches were long known, and a lot of them were fixed. In beta 3, zel didnt want to bother with the gyarados, and ampharos sprites, but that has change now in 3.5. Anyways thats what it seems like to me, i would suggest either downloading the new patch, or waiting for the next one to be released. Up to you.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
hey just wanna say huge fan, congrats to everyone who has contributed into making this, having a lot of fun...anyway just wanted to ask how full are everyone's dex's? Also is there anyway to catch a bagon or larvitar or would u have to trade or somethin?

Thanks.
I don't know about bagon but larvitar you can get at the game corner as a prize.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Not yet, I don't think zel has figured out shiny scripting yet. It would help if there were a shiny event in FR. He'll get it though, lol. After all, he is zel.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
Years
Zel the genius will figure it out somehow xD I don't know anything about inserting pokemon, but if there are glitch spots between Celebi and Treecko, I bet he could use one of those to make a 'red Gyarados'. You know what I mean, change the glitch sprite to a shiny Gyarados sprite, make the pokedex entry, stats, moves and stuff the same? I guess it would be a lot of work... But, I don't even know if those exist in FRLG. I'm not experienced with that kind of stuff xD

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
So I have another question how come the female sprite looks black (not being rasist)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
CharFeralScep: For now there's no way to catch a Bagon, so you'll have to wait a few betas to get it in-game, I think.

F.L.Y.: I know of that possibility, it's the last chance if there's no other way, because, it won't really be a shiny (and I doubt the game would really recognize it as a Gyarados, but, perhaps, Pokemon Amplifier can do a lot of stuff)

That's all (the rest has already been answered by loyal guys ;)) Well, I want the puzzles of Victory Road to be a bit complicated, so I'm busy with that (but I've finished the mapping), oh! don't forget to bring pokes with almost all hms (cut, rock smash, surf, strength, whirlpool and waterfall), because you'll need all of them to be sucessful and reach the league!

Maybe I'll make a screenie of Blackthorn's Gym tomorrow (it's been a while since I posted something from the game)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
wow awesome man make those puzzles really challenging their always fun anyway your doing an awesome job can't wait to see blackthorn gym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back