• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon XY PC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
1363b2f95996a032d4b71598e1fdd126-d7h7m3q.png

INTRODUCTION
Did you ever play Pokémon X and Y? Probably. Have you ever wanted to play Pokemon X and Y on your PC? I think quite some people wanted to do that...
Well... now you can leap into the Kalos Region via PC with Pokémon XY PC edition! Travel through Kalos in a way you've never done before.

STORY
Spoiler:

CHARACTERS
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS
Ingame Screenshots and stuff...
Spoiler:

SPECIAL EVENTS
Spoiler:

NEW MEGA EVOLUTIONS
Might get updated over time
Spoiler:

VIDEOS

OFFICIAL SUPPORT BAR
Spoiler:

CREDITS
Spoiler:

BECOME A DEVELOPER
Spoiler:

OUR TEAM
Spoiler:

OUR PUBLIC CHAT ROOM MODS
Public Chat room URL: https://chatstep.com/#Pokemon XY PC EDITION
Spoiler:

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
So, is this meant to be Pokemon XY for PC or a custom story like the Pokemon XY story? I'm pretty sure an exact replica will get you a C&D.

CyanCerulean

Adorables
Years
First off:
an exact replica will get you a C&D.
Probably. Secondly, this is soooooooooooooooo awesome! I'm really excited for this and if there is anything I could do to help it along, I'd be honoured!

But yeah, don't make it exactly the same story, just similar-ish with the same GL's and E4 trainers, that way it's not copyright infringement :)

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
So, is this meant to be Pokemon XY for PC or a custom story like the Pokemon XY story? I'm pretty sure an exact replica will get you a C&D.

Probably. Secondly, this is soooooooooooooooo awesome! I'm really excited for this and if there is anything I could do to help it along, I'd be honoured!

But yeah, don't make it exactly the same story, just similar-ish with the same GL's and E4 trainers, that way it's not copyright infringement

The story will mainly be the original story from X and Y. However, small parts of the story will be written better ummm... I mean changed :D. For example, remember the two buttons at team Flare's hideout? Yeah... you probably do... but anyways, you will catch the legendary depending on which button you choose. The Holocauster will have its own aftergame quest etc etc. I don't want to spoil to much this early on so... you will have to wait and check the topic once in a while :).

Long story short: the story will be tweaked a bit but will mainly focus around the original X and Y story.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
The story will mainly be the original story from X and Y. However, small parts of the story will be written better ummm... I mean changed :D. For example, remember the two buttons at team Flare's hideout? Yeah... you probably do... but anyways, you will catch the legendary depending on which button you choose. The Holocauster will have its own aftergame quest etc etc. I don't want to spoil to much this early on so... you will have to wait and check the topic once in a while :).

Long story short: the story will be tweaked a bit but will mainly focus around the original X and Y story.

Well, I wish you the best and would love to test as you go! This would be brilliant! Nintendo is really weird with their C&Ds as I understand it and they can come from no where so I think to be safe you should maybe market it a bit differently. As I look at it now it looks as if you are showing an official PC version of a game; maybe adding 'a fan game' on or something may help your odds. I would just hate to see you do all this work and then be told to stop because this would be great!

All the best!

indieoutloud

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Well, I wish you the best and would love to test as you go! This would be brilliant! Nintendo is really weird with their C&Ds as I understand it and they can come from no where so I think to be safe you should maybe market it a bit differently. As I look at it now it looks as if you are showing an official PC version of a game; maybe adding 'a fan game' on or something may help your odds. I would just hate to see you do all this work and then be told to stop because this would be great!

All the best!

indieoutloud

I'll change some things when I get home then(currently at school and the wifi doesn't quite love me).

And For some curious people, I've been busy inserting the tiles for the outside of Vaniville Town.
A quick test
Spoiler:

Credits to Zeo254 and BoOmxBiG for their amazing X and Y styled tiles!

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Awesome i will play this for sure <3
Aaahw thank you :)! By the way, I really like the first part of your Nicknama(Yuna) Do you mind if I use it as a name for a character for a special aftergame quest?

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
It's great to see this thread is up. I hope you accept me for doing maps for this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I know this is alpha and you're probably going to do it eventually but when choosing the character, you should highlight which one is from "Jhoto" in the pictures shown and darken all the other, I know they're put in order but it would be easier to tell which character you're choosing by highlighting your choice.

Also, is the Mapping temporary?

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
I really hope that quite a bit will be changed up from X & Y :) One of my favorite things about fangames that don't use an entirely unique region is seeing how exactly the creator used their creativity to changed things up.

And this comes from someone who hasn't even played X & Y haha, but I also know that the stock games tend to be rather bland in terms of gameplay.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
They are bland because they're simple enough for everyone to play and they use the same scheme (8 badges, elite 4, ...) because it worked and it still works, by adding something fresh everytime (such as new graphics, for instance) to keep people -still- interested.

The difference between Fan Games and official is that Fan games aim to make a game the maker likes (what he/she wishes Pokémon to be, pure creativity in poor words) while Official games aim to make money as first thing.

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
I know this is alpha and you're probably going to do it eventually but when choosing the character, you should highlight which one is from "Jhoto" in the pictures shown and darken all the other, I know they're put in order but it would be easier to tell which character you're choosing by highlighting your choice.

Also, is the Mapping temporary?

Why, is the mapping that bad :p?
Yeah the mapping will be changed up while developing. I'm currently waiting for permission regarding some B&W style overworld sprites and tiles. After insertion of the tiles(which is a Bunnelby(curse word prevented! xD) by the way) the mapping will be changed.

Oh and Mr.Mako, welcome to the team ;)

- Do you want to join the team? Please refer to the become a developer section in the first post of this thread -

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
They are bland because they're simple enough for everyone to play and they use the same scheme (8 badges, elite 4, ...) because it worked and it still works, by adding something fresh everytime (such as new graphics, for instance) to keep people -still- interested.

The difference between Fan Games and official is that Fan games aim to make a game the maker likes (what he/she wishes Pokémon to be, pure creativity in poor words) while Official games aim to make money as first thing.

Exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words to do, haha. The official games have to appeal to the lowest common denominator (I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does), whereas a fan made game has more freedom to change up plots, difficulty, appeal to an older crowd, etc. And as a fellow fan I always love to see what fellow fans choose to do because its often what I would do if I had the time or talent.

If Game Freak ever made a game that took the basic mechanics of Pokemon but gave it more in common with other RPGs, I think I might give them all of my money.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
This is Great, I always wanted play X and Y on PC, Good luck and my support is with you, hope you complete it!:)

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
This is Great, I always wanted play X and Y on PC, Good luck and my support is with you, hope you complete it!:)

Wait... of all people... one of my favorite rom-hackers reacts to my topic? WAAAAAAH thank you senpaii~ :p

I will post a small update regarding the special quests later today. So stay tuned!

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Well everybody here is an attempt I did at recreating Vaniville town: http://mr-mako1.deviantart.com/art/Vaniville-Town-attempt-in-Fire-Red-452895628
The tileset that the map will be done in will be more X/Y-like but it is missing some necessary tiles.

Edit: the map was done in Advance map which is the reason for the Fire Red tiles. None of the other maps done for this game will be in this style or with Advance map this was the map that got me on the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back