• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Sorry I haven't been active really. Been really busy. I have been keeping up to date on the club though, so I know what's going on. Welcome any new users; I have updated the list a little bit ago. Glad to see everyone talking about breeding to some extent.

How about another question. What was your first shiny hatched from an egg? If you haven't hatched one yet, what would you like to breed to get a shiny?

I have yet to get a shiny from an egg yet. ;-;

But if I WERE to get one, there are many things I would like. A shiny Drifblim would be cool. Or a shiny Malamar would be neat. And if not that, a Sniny Eevee for a Shiny Umbreon. x3

Maybe Sableye for a Shiny? But if I did, it would HAVE to be a normal Sableye, since I hate shiny Mega Sableye, mostly for the teeth. xc

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    [B said:
    What was your first shiny hatched from an egg? If you haven't hatched one yet, what would you like to breed to get a shiny?[/B]

The first shiny I got by breeding was a Shiny Pancham. Unfortunately, it had only one perfect IV, but it has Scrappy, which I'm very pleased with that.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    My first Shiny I hatched I think was a Froakie, sadly it wasn't protean but luckily 2 eggs later I got my shiny protean one so that made up for my huge annoyance of shiny with the wrong ability.

I know how that is. I hatched a shiny froakie not to long ago and I was disappointed, and still am.

I have yet to get a shiny from an egg yet. ;-;

But if I WERE to get one, there are many things I would like. A shiny Drifblim would be cool. Or a shiny Malamar would be neat. And if not that, a Sniny Eevee for a Shiny Umbreon. x3

Maybe Sableye for a Shiny? But if I did, it would HAVE to be a normal Sableye, since I hate shiny Mega Sableye, mostly for the teeth. xc

I've been trying to get a shiny eevee for a while. No success yet. But all these are unique shinies.

The first shiny I got by breeding was a Shiny Pancham. Unfortunately, it had only one perfect IV, but it has Scrappy, which I'm very pleased with that.
    I don't care for shiny Pancham personally. But a shiny is a shiny.

As for me, my first shiny that I breed was a shiny Beldum on X. It was a surprise since I wasn't trying to breed for it. Then a few weeks later they announced the ORAS shiny Beldum event.

Years
  • I know how that is. I hatched a shiny froakie not to long ago and I was disappointed, and still am.

I've been trying to get a shiny eevee for a while. No success yet. But all these are unique shinies.

I don't care for shiny Pancham personally. But a shiny is a shiny.

As for me, my first shiny that I breed was a shiny Beldum on X. It was a surprise since I wasn't trying to breed for it. Then a few weeks later they announced the ORAS shiny Beldum event.

I think that personally LOTS of Ghost types have great Shines. (coughcoughnotgengarcoughcough)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I was most dissappointed when I saw Sableyes Shiny, its ugly. But then I tend to think that of most shinies honestly.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Decided to breed a Goodra, good bulk and some nice stall moves as well as coverage should make a nice addition to the team so will try them out. Will try and breed for Bold (+def/-Atk) and put its EV's in Def and Speed and then with an assault vest it should be able to take a lot of hits but still have a reasonable power (256) for additional non status damage. Can always re-breed for more offence if that doesnt work.

Sap sipper - Toxic, Infestation, Dragon pulse, Sludge bomb

Years
  • Decided to breed a Goodra, good bulk and some nice stall moves as well as coverage should make a nice addition to the team so will try them out. Will try and breed for Bold (+def/-Atk) and put its EV's in Def and Speed and then with an assault vest it should be able to take a lot of hits but still have a reasonable power (256) for additional non status damage. Can always re-breed for more offence if that doesnt work.

Sap sipper - Toxic, Infestation, Dragon pulse, Sludge bomb

Try flamethrower instead of sludge bomb. You can't touch steel types otherwise

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nice thanks, will breed tonight and start levelling tomorrow. Hopefully I can find rain easily to evolve to goodra in OR.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Levelled my goodra and tested it out and wasnt overwhelmed with its survivalk vs physical attacks otherwise it was good. Tried out the Hydration/Rest/Rain dance setup and it was nice to not take stat issues and heal fully but moves were lacking and relying on rain being up was a pain (especially vs water pokemon that youve strengthened!).

So before going any further with this goodra im re-breeding for Acid armour, a nice long chain breed (Muk->Shellos->Dragalgae->Goomy) but done the first stage already and will finish up tonight and start levelling them. Am thinking make this one a bit more offensive with Timid/Sap sipper and EV's 252Speed 252SpAtk and use acid armour to boost my defences vs physical if need be. Not sure what item to go with perhaps shell bell as Leftovers is taken already (on sableye) but that relies on damage, other option would be life orb for offensive or bright powder for defensive.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    OMFG!!! Look at what I just got while breeding!!!

http://i.imgur.com/SQl6065.png

Sorry been on holiday, very nice!

Hows its training going?

Have to say liking my current team quite nicely at the moment, Goodra with Acid armour is very nice and worth the effort, Sableye now runs taunt instead of calm mind but is better that way when non mega'd in my opinion and Kanga as my mega hits like a truck. Not sure whats next for my breeding program, will try and get one of the extreme speed dragonites that are being released this month in the US for breeding but otherwise not sure.

Years
  • Sorry been on holiday, very nice!

Hows its training going?

Have to say liking my current team quite nicely at the moment, Goodra with Acid armour is very nice and worth the effort, Sableye now runs taunt instead of calm mind but is better that way when non mega'd in my opinion and Kanga as my mega hits like a truck. Not sure whats next for my breeding program, will try and get one of the extreme speed dragonites that are being released this month in the US for breeding but otherwise not sure.

The training went perfect. Went with a Careful one and gave it 252 in it's HP and 252 in it's Special Defense. I gave it Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch. So far, it works very well for me. Now I actually want to try and get shines of other pokemon I like. XD Like a Shiny Chandelur maybe. :3

But can't Dragonite get Extreme Speed normally?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nope only by breeding and only in earlier gens i believe. US event is multiscale dragonite with extreme speed so will try him out but I doubt hell win me over on goodra.

Its nice getting shines you like/want but I get annoyed by the extra animation when entering battles after a while.

Years
  • Nope only by breeding and only in earlier gens i believe. US event is multiscale dragonite with extreme speed so will try him out but I doubt hell win me over on goodra.

Its nice getting shines you like/want but I get annoyed by the extra animation when entering battles after a while.

I honestly don't know if I will get the Dragonite. Cause I have a bad habit of not being very good at keeping track of events. So if you get the Dragonite can I take a breedject of it?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I honestly don't know if I will get the Dragonite. Cause I have a bad habit of not being very good at keeping track of events. So if you get the Dragonite can I take a breedject of it?

Yeah sure, I have friends in the US who will get one and ill clone it so can either clone you one too or give you a breedject. I think its around the 20th of this month.

Back