• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    im really glad to see this club so active! I know I haven't been around much recently, but I've been trying to breed in my spare time. Currently I'm tryin to breed a shiny deerling, wheedle and Nidoran male (since the first Nidoran I hatched shiny unexpectedly was female)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Just curious do you breed Shinies just for looks or to collect or for a competitive pokemon?

The ones I've done I've done just for looks sake but to use competitively as well so decent stats and abilities where possible.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Decided to try out building a rain team for doubles/triples so will breed a nice politoed when I can get one with its HA. Not sure what other mons yet but will probably get another Goodra with hydration/rest combo as one.

Years
  • Just curious do you breed Shinies just for looks or to collect or for a competitive pokemon?

The ones I've done I've done just for looks sake but to use competitively as well so decent stats and abilities where possible.

Shiny Tyroge, was a fluke. I didn't expect to get it. Shiny Litwick, was not. I was trying to breed for a shiny one. Cause Chandelur has an awesome shiny. x3

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nice, just looked up Chandelures Shiny and its pretty good!

Managed to snag a Politoed with Drizzle so will now breed from it for my own one. Then good old GTS trade with Y to evolve it later on once its levelled.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Just curious do you breed Shinies just for looks or to collect or for a competitive pokemon?

I breed shinies to collect. But some I will be using for battle. I have a team for my shiny nidoqueen and primeape, and a separate team for my shiny metagross I bred in X.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Well my Politoed (Called Heqet after the egyption frog goddess - Pre-cursor to Hecate) is now there just need to finish levelling and EV training. Went for defensive setup Bold 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef - Scald, Toxic, Helping Hand, Protect so it can be my rain setter and still do something useful if part of a team, leftovers as item to heal it. Glad I didn't get shiny as blue/pink looks hideous.

Goodra, Blastoise (Mega), and Scizor make up the rest of the team at the moment so will see how they do together. Goodra for rain hydration/rest abuse, Scizor for reducing fire weakness, Blastoise because I love his mega and he benefits nicely from Rain boost and mega launcher on Water pulse and Rain dish HA.

Aiming for battle Maison 50 wins, I keep getting really annoying losses on singles at around 20 wins so will try doubles too to mix it up.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Politoed finished and quite fun on a rain team but weather teams are still a pain to sustain even with damp rock.

Next project is going to be a Gengar, might even try for a shiny as Shiny Mega Gengar looks awesome. Will breed it for disable but not sure on final moveset at the moment or in what capacity i'll use it as I already have Sableye, just fancy trying for Gengar.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Thank god for Blissey farms!

I only breed mons i'm interested in trying, trying to branch out and try different types or ones ive never really looked at before. Bred my Gengar, got a 6IV'er with disable in the first batch so didn't bother trying for shiny after that. A very fast very powerful pokemon but i'm still not sure when id bother with him as a mega.

Years
  • Thank god for Blissey farms!

I only breed mons i'm interested in trying, trying to branch out and try different types or ones ive never really looked at before. Bred my Gengar, got a 6IV'er with disable in the first batch so didn't bother trying for shiny after that. A very fast very powerful pokemon but i'm still not sure when id bother with him as a mega.

You can bother whith it when you want to make a Perish Trap team with mega Gengar

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yeah read about those but not too bothered at the moment, still trying out my rain team and another team in super triples in Maison.

I'm leaning towards breeding rotom wash next week as I meant to do one before but never bothered and its typing is something I am lacking at the moment.

Back