• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Version 6 {PROTAGONIST OVERWORLD SPRITES RELEASED}

Do you like my newly-presented fakemons?

• Yes, I do! They are awesome! You are a true genius! I'll start worshipping you from now on <3

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Yes. I want to see more to be sure though...

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • NO! This is fucking shit! kill yourself! (the last part is only optionnal :x)

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • No. I am not into fakemons at all...

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Don't care. You left us. You and your hack are DEAD TO ME!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
  • heyooooo, Great start!
    I would just recommend you not to get lost with the amount of tiles you are inserting, because even if they are beautiful they may cause some visual pollution in some spots and that may affect the gameplay. Also, your maps are kinda big, you should put some signs in them ^_^
    Keep going! I love how you are giving life to the characters and the Never!Black&White references (maybe I'm seeing things)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    This just deserves so much YES. This needs to be created. Im soooooooo down for this. Deffinantly expect this on my channel @Pokemon Patronus. I love stuff like this and this would just be the thing id love to have created. Dude. So much props to you for this.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • Great job, MacBeth! You French folk are so artsy. Right away from reading your introduction, I can see this is gonna be a great hack. Perhaps, for me, the Introduction grabbed my attention and was the most interesting part of your hack. Not so say your screenshots aren't amazing (which they are!), but I'm most impressed by the features you plan to implement, and your overall take on the game's mechanics. I love how you are focused on immersing the player into the story and the difficulty. And dark humour is always a nice touch! :-)

Your sprites, the trainers and Fakemon, are all very well done. The logo is especially also awesome. And the tiles and colours are also very well done. This is a great-looking game.

Lastly, I think I can nitpick the nuances of your hack because it looks like you take it very seriously. My only critique is in the mapping style--it looks to me very chaotic and cluttered. There's SO MUCH going on in every inch of the map that it seems overwhelming, and it also seems like it would hinder the player's exploration. I understand your desire to fill empty spaces and diversify the tiles, but with the small size of GBA maps, less can be more. To add to that, it seems like you didn't utilise the sheer size of your maps (i.e., a lot of your maps are outlined by tons of trees/mountains), so you could have stretched out your buildings so they weren't so tightly compressed to eachother, or to other tiles. For example, a lot of doors have only 1 tile space in front of them; to me, that looks sort of claustrophobic.

With that said, I don't even think that's a big deal. You could say your maps reflect the hectic atmosphere of the game itself, because as you say, you expect "the player to never feel safe in this world." I guess my suggestion is simplify at least A LITTLE BIT. Otherwise...again, great job!!

Years
  • Hey your maps are simply stunning!

Although I'm not fond of fakemon, I might play this once it releases.

Keep going anyway, your hack looks very solid!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This rom hack looks very interesting

good luck, hopefully you'll stay committed till the very end ;)

Years
  • Many reasons, but the most crucial one is that it sounds cool to me and is actually my favorite number (for some reason) ^^
    Story-wise, the number 6 more or less represents "evil" ("number of the beast" and other freakingly cliché things :P ) and also kinda looks like my title legendary (being a foetus with an umbilical cord). Finally, I was also thinking of dividing my story in 6 acts, much like a play.

Even though I'm a Whovian, No. The inspiration, at least estheticly speaking, comes actually more from the midnight channel in Persona 4. However, just like all the fictionnal metaphysical rifts, it will indeed bring the player and those falling inside somewhere else. where? you will seeeee...

(Not a fan of the beginnings of Matt Smith and consequently of the time-and-space crack storyline.)

I thought the same, but when you actually are on the emulator, it really adds depth to the small part of the world you see on your screen. Just a very personal opinion though ^^

The artsy feeling is absolutely the theme of this city, glad to like it. Originally, it was supposed to be centered on Drama only, but grew into that, much to my satisfaction!

Don't expect to save the world though, you might be disappointed...

Thanks a lot, but it's actually a shame I can't show my favorite ones, because they are important story-wise and I still want to build mystery :P

Would be a pleasure consedering I'm one of your suscribers!

PS: is your Showdown name "sacredfirenegr0¨, because if it is, I think I add a NU match with you some time ago? ^^

oh **** a SUB MADE THIS?! O__O NOT BAD, anmd yes its the 0 instead of o LOL nice and NU

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Bonjour/Bonsoir à toi MrMacBeth.
    J'aimerais savoir vue que tu es Français, si tu avais adapter ton jeux en Français ?
    Merci d'avance, et bon courage pour la suite.

Years
  • Bonjour/Bonsoir à toi MrMacBeth.
    J'aimerais savoir vue que tu es Français, si tu avais adapter ton jeux en Français ?
    Merci d'avance, et bon courage pour la suite.

(apparently, its mandatory to speak english here, so I won't take the risk to get sanctionned ^^)

I will do it in french AND in english, absolutely (will need a corrector though)!

heyooooo, Great start!
    I would just recommend you not to get lost with the amount of tiles you are inserting, because even if they are beautiful they may cause some visual pollution in some spots and that may affect the gameplay. Also, your maps are kinda big, you should put some signs in them
    10.%20giggle.gif

Keep going! I love how you are giving life to the characters and the Never!Black&White references (maybe I'm seeing things)

1) I can understand this legitimate complain, but I have issues going against my very nature, loving every single hole filled (sounds wrong somehow...). I tried to keep the "travel areas" such as routes more clear on the other hand to keep the discovery pleasant and not tedious. ;)

2) I see one reference to Never black (the female main character) , but nothing else... hum... Can you enlighten me?

Great job, MacBeth! You French folk are so artsy. Right away from reading your introduction, I can see this is gonna be a great hack. Perhaps, for me, the Introduction grabbed my attention and was the most interesting part of your hack. Not so say your screenshots aren't amazing (which they are!), but I'm most impressed by the features you plan to implement, and your overall take on the game's mechanics. I love how you are focused on immersing the player into the story and the difficulty. And dark humour is always a nice touch! :-)

Your sprites, the trainers and Fakemon, are all very well done. The logo is especially also awesome. And the tiles and colours are also very well done. This is a great-looking game.

Lastly, I think I can nitpick the nuances of your hack because it looks like you take it very seriously. My only critique is in the mapping style--it looks to me very chaotic and cluttered. There's SO MUCH going on in every inch of the map that it seems overwhelming, and it also seems like it would hinder the player's exploration. I understand your desire to fill empty spaces and diversify the tiles, but with the small size of GBA maps, less can be more. To add to that, it seems like you didn't utilise the sheer size of your maps (i.e., a lot of your maps are outlined by tons of trees/mountains), so you could have stretched out your buildings so they weren't so tightly compressed to eachother, or to other tiles. For example, a lot of doors have only 1 tile space in front of them; to me, that looks sort of claustrophobic.

With that said, I don't even think that's a big deal. You could say your maps reflect the hectic atmosphere of the game itself, because as you say, you expect "the player to never feel safe in this world." I guess my suggestion is simplify at least A LITTLE BIT. Otherwise...again, great job!!

Good analysis! but as I said up there, I liked the things being compressed against each other, even though I force myself to set a large road in front of every building as often as possible ;)

PS: Thx to everybody for the support!

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • The sprites for this hack are really nice, usually peoples custom sprites can look a bit tasteless especially in the pick your gender and Rival screens but yours looks like they actually fit in a pokemon game which is good to see.

My opinion of Fakemon is that they're all bad, there are 720 pokemon to choose from yet people decide to add their own and usually they look incredibly bad and or don't even resemble anything that could be called a Pokemon and a lot of yours look like they'd be better in another fantasy game and not a pokemon one, that being said they're very nicely designed.

My massive peeve with this hack is your maps, THEY'RE SO DAMN CRAMPED, it's like "Where am I supposed to look!?", there is just way too much going on and that is from looking at the whole map I imagine that once it goes into a single screen on a GBA it will look even more cramped, I understand certain towns/cities being cramped looking but for your beachy and resort maps they just have way too much stuff on them, if you toned it back a bit they would look so much nicer.

The storyline looks to be decent I'd like to see/read more of it maybe when you release an alpha or beta we can get a bit more info on the storyline and I have to say the idea of the "big bad organisation" being a cult is awesome and I hope that their pokemon will reflect who they are and what they stand for.

Good luck on your progress of this hack!

Years
  • OK.....I just saw this post and you have got me HOOKED and the map looks SO DAMN GOOD and the fakemons are not bad either as for your decision of a single mega evolution I can accept that because a whole team of mega evolved pokemon would be an overkill and killjoy.
    So thumbs up to you man.
    It would be great if you have a demo before you release the first beta.

Years
  • To answer every question:

1) I will probably do a demo, don't know when though considering that as a lunatic person I can decide to wipe an entire area I don't like it anymore out and it can be as time consuming as unexpected, so I won't give you a deadline for now.

2) I don't think I will have a need for beta testers, sorry. ^^ (not yet at least)

3) Ok, I heard some of you! My maps are cramped, I will try to somewhat restrain myself (just added a new map which btw is less "baroque"... To compensate, I made it more huge as f*ck though :P)

4) I will be away for a week without access to the internet, so dont expect any update until then.

Nevertheless, as I am generous, here is a new map:

Spoiler:

For a better look, I recommend you to check it out on my Deviantart page though, where it can reduced.

Finally, once again thanks for the support (me saying that start becoming redundant ^^) and merry christmas!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back