• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Version 6 {PROTAGONIST OVERWORLD SPRITES RELEASED}

Do you like my newly-presented fakemons?

• Yes, I do! They are awesome! You are a true genius! I'll start worshipping you from now on <3

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Yes. I want to see more to be sure though...

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • NO! This is fucking shit! kill yourself! (the last part is only optionnal :x)

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • No. I am not into fakemons at all...

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Don't care. You left us. You and your hack are DEAD TO ME!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • Thanks for the update! I've been waiting a long time for this.

First of all, the world map looks amazing! I also love route 20. You don't leave any big empty spaces and i love that!

The fakemon look awesome too! You really know how to sprite fakemon!

It's always a pleasure to see your updates and I'm looking foward to the next one and for a beta!

Good luck and keep up the amazing work!

Years
  • I've been keeping track of this hack's progress on dA and I must say, it's looking very promising. There aren't enough fakemon games out there, and your designs are particularly creative, especially the starters! I look forward to seeing more on this game as it develops. :)

Years
  • How have I not seen this hack till now? It looks awesome! Your Fakemon designs are some of the best I've seen and I'm excited to see the rest. About Route 20... are you sure it's big enough... jk jk the place is huge and I really like the map a lot. It really gives off an evil vibe which is probably what you want it to give off. Also I really, really, REALLY love your starters especially your water type one. It looks too adorable. Good luck with your hack Mr. President :P

Years
  • Thanks for the update! I've been waiting a long time for this.

First of all, the world map looks amazing! I also love route 20. You don't leave any big empty spaces and i love that!

The fakemon look awesome too! You really know how to sprite fakemon!

It's always a pleasure to see your updates and I'm looking foward to the next one and for a beta!

Good luck and keep up the amazing work!

Glad to see you didnt forget about me! As I said, I never stopped working on Pokemon Version 6 and put a lot of work into it especially my fakemons, because I considered my first presentation to be lacking in that area. So apparently, it's a success, which is much appreciated! And yeah, keep looking, the demo (for lack of a beta) is on its way!

I've been keeping track of this hack's progress on dA and I must say, it's looking very promising. There aren't enough fakemon games out there, and your designs are particularly creative, especially the starters! I look forward to seeing more on this game as it develops.
    1.%20smile.gif

(looking at your profile pic and your banner, I'll assume you are Involuntary-Twitch)

I kinda expected to see you here. It's still great to see your support on a different website though! And trust me, I will keep developping, developping, developping and trying to make inventive designs (I especially have an idea about a water type so irrelevant that it might just work... looking forward to uploading this one!)

How have I not seen this hack till now? It looks awesome! Your Fakemon designs are some of the best I've seen and I'm excited to see the rest. About Route 20... are you sure it's big enough... jk jk the place is huge and I really like the map a lot. It really gives off an evil vibe which is probably what you want it to give off. Also I really, really, REALLY love your starters especially your water type one. It looks too adorable. Good luck with your hack Mr. President
    12.%20tongue.gif

("Mr President"... sounds so nice! I wanted to do something around that theme after finishing House of Cards Season 3)

Well, I can't blame you for not seeing it until now, considering that I left this topic in a state of deep slumber for quite a long time. But, everything is fine now, I'm back. Please spread the good word!
    Regarding my maps, yes, they are huge I know, but isn't being lost the best way to feel threatened? And Yes, it is indeed supposed to be somewhat evil (I would rather say oppressive and unpredictibable, but the idea is the same!)
    Finally as of my starters, I put a lot of effort into making them. So I'm glad you like them (Nice choice btw (all three of them are
    12.%20tongue.gif
    ))

Thanks for the update MacBeth! You're making great progress! :D

Indeed, I am making great progress! Btw, thanks for the compliment and for keeping the topic somewhat alive in the last few days! Really appreciate it
    11.%20wink.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding the future of this thread, I would like to know how you would like me to update it. At the moment, I'm making fakemons on my DA page. Do you want me to also upload them here too or would you rather have fewer heavier updates?

Last but not least, if i feel able to keep doing "artistic work" and to learn how to somewhat script in little time, I'm left completely clueless regarding ASM...

Consequently, I'm looking for someone skilled at ASM who would kindly (bioshock reference, yeaaaah...) either make one (several) little (big) things for me or teach me more thoughouly how to do so!

Thanks for reading.
    Thanks in advance for responding!

Frenchly Yours (I think I'm gonna love writing this),

MrMacBeth

PS: Original presentation just got edited.

Last edited:
    Years
  • im lovin it it would be nice if you could give us a beta date :)

Let´s be clear, I'm the kind of person who can wipe entite areas, sprites out because I stopped liking them out of nowhere, so I can't say for sure. But I'll do my best to release it before Summer ;)

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • state_of_pokemon_6_adress___hack_thread_update_by_dragon_du_22-d8lt8e1.png

State of Pokemon 6 Address

My Fellow Pokecommunity Citizens,

After several months away from this thread (Check the addendum for more information on that), I came back in order to inform all of you still interested by the Pokemon 6 project of its neverending evolution. Indeed, my dear friends, Even though We were set apart by fate (Check addendum again), I never stopped thinking of all of you and never gave up. I kept my work going.

And believe me when I say that a lot of progress was made!

Plan of this presentation:
    I) Methora Region mapping
    II) Character spriting
    a) Trainers
    b) Fakemons

III) What to expect in the near future?
    Addendum
    I) Methora Region Mapping

Mapping is going swiftly! Please take a lot at this Map of my beloved region:

map_mapping_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltcjp.gif

As you can see, most of the map exteriors have already been finished, even though some places are still somewhat being tweaked. As far as the main adventure goes, its path has almost been finalized, minus the areas which need some reworking and the North-East part of the world. I also finished interiors up to the 4th badge out of ten.

By the way, be sure that I didn't trade quality for quatity. Please, take a look at the 20th route (beware! It's huge):

Spoiler:

II) Character Spriting

A) Trainers Battle Sprites

Even though the concepts of each important character had been ready for quite some time now, It took me many hours to finalize the ingame sprites. Nevertheless, I can finally say with pride that every major character got their sprite started from scratch, finished and implemented in the rom! In order to avoid spoilers, I won't upload any of them as of now (unless you ask kindly...) and I ask you to trust me on this one as you trusted me (I'm sure) on the quality of the previously-stated maps.

Regarding generic trainers, I plan on implementing lightly-altered 4th and 5th gen sprites to give them some uniquesness and improve the immersion feeling of the region. However, this isn't near ready yet. Please be patient!

B) Fakemon Sprites

Let's continue with the main focus of this update presentation!

Back in december, when I originally showcased the first fakemons designed for the game, the main focus was stolen by the Mapping which I won't let happen this time again. Believe me on that! I actually spent hours and hours in order to improve my spriting skills and I finally achieved results I'm not afraid of saying I'm proud of (For some reason, I think there is something really wrong with this sentence grammar :x )

But for such a subject, words are never enough, especially when I know many people are sceptical regarding the entire concept of fakemon!

BEHOLD! (... It might be a little bit too much hype ^^')

Pokemon 6 starters: (their evolution are hidden under "spoiler boxes" (?) for those fearing said spoilers

pys1_by_dragon_du_22-d8lthzl.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

pys4_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltily.png

Finally, For the most eager of you, here is my entire fakedex, which is still in progress, but should be finished by the end of next month:
    Spoiler:

I REALLY hope you got convinced by those lovely creatures, because they were definitely the main focus while I was living as an internet hermit (Check Addendum for more information again. Again.) and showcasing them was the main objective of this update!

As a bonus, you can check those fanarts made by my newly-found friend on Deviantart, GothicRift, representing the first two stages of my grass starter:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

II) What to expect next?

Trust me the next few months will be worth looking forward to regarding the evolution of Pokemon 6! After finishing my Fakedex, which should take me a few weeks, I plan on completely revisting the overworld sprites by changing all of them to 4th-gen looking ones (NO, NOT 5TH GEN!). And then, things will start getting exciting as my focus will turn to releasing a demo which will go up to the 3rd gym and a crucial plot-changing event.

I hope you are now looking forward to it, because I sure am!

II) Addendum
    Well... Here is the last and most awkward part of this entire update. Why was I away for so long when I made it clear I was supposed to leave for only one week? I previously said it was because of personal reasons. Let me be more specific without getting into too much details. Right after coming back from holidays, someone close to me died (I neither expect nor want any kind of pity) and after doing what needed to be done in those cases, I had to go straight to my midterms (which I aced, of course, being myself ^^) and then go back to university for an extremely heavy semester (What did I expect from Law School?),actually much more heavy than what I anticipated.

So I had to make a choice between communicating about this hack or working on it on the remains of my free time. I chose the latter and have remained adamant about it, fastening on Deviantart because it was way less time-consuming (to start off... because now I have way too many watchers :,( )
    Btw, here is a link to my DA page, where I will keep updating regurlarly: http://dragon-du-22.deviantart.com/

Don't misunderstand me either: I'm coming back on Pokecommunity TO STAY, but don't expect seeing me here everyday ;)

I hope, my fellow Pokecommunity citizens, I don't risk impeachment for that ^^ (Yes, I am shamelessly going back to the presidential theme of this comeback presentation just at the end to remind you of how awesome the introduction picture was)

Frenchly yours,

Self-proclaimed President MacBeth
    I think that the worldmap should be done with glazed/HGSS style and that second stages of the starters should get a 2nd type, ex: cygnaia looks like a bird so water/flying...

Years
  • I think that the worldmap should be done with glazed/HGSS style and that second stages of the starters should get a 2nd type, ex: cygnaia looks like a bird so water/flying...

Regarding the map, I actually prefer the good old 3rd gen map, with à few slight changes, of course.
    And about the 2nd stage of the starters. I do like them being one-typed only as long as possible (understand "up to their third stage") because it allows me to choose the typing of the 1st gymS freely, because no starter will be uterly destroyed because of à double weakness. (About the cyanaia line, I voluntarily and strongly refused to make them flying because it was indeed too obvious and the inspiration of the said line made the fairy type make sense ^^)

ÉDIT: I was actually talking about the origins of each starter line concept, before realizing I didnt explain those. Lemme right those wrong:

Each final stage is based off a different mythology:

- Necrusaeus (grass) is supposed to be the result of a mouse getting eaten by a serpent/carnivorous plant, thus becoming a cobra-sphinx hybrid based on Uraeus, a creature from egyptian legends.
    - Okrami (fire) is inspired by Japanese folklore and loosely on the appearence of Amateratsu in the game Okami (not-so-subtle name, I know)
    - Finally, Naialeda (water) is actually not a Puffin, which is an animal i even forgot existed , but a representation of both the Black Swan from the Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky (which is why it has a ballerina-corset-like body) and the holy swan Leda from the norse mythology.

Last edited:

elcaptino

the one
    Years
  • Let´s be clear, I'm the kind of person who can wipe entite areas, sprites out because I stopped liking them out of nowhere, so I can't say for sure. But I'll do my best to release it before Summer ;)

it's alright atleast give me like an alpha or something ill test it for you if you need help iam pretty rigorous though :P

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • state_of_pokemon_6_adress___hack_thread_update_by_dragon_du_22-d8lt8e1.png

State of Pokemon 6 Address

My Fellow Pokecommunity Citizens,​

After several months away from this thread (Check the addendum for more information on that), I came back in order to inform all of you still interested by the Pokemon 6 project of its neverending evolution. Indeed, my dear friends, Even though We were set apart by fate (Check addendum again), I never stopped thinking of all of you and never gave up. I kept my work going.​

And believe me when I say that a lot of progress was made!​

Plan of this presentation:

I) Methora Region mapping

II) Character spriting

a) Trainers

b) Fakemons

III) What to expect in the near future?

Addendum

I) Methora Region Mapping

Mapping is going swiftly! Please take a lot at this Map of my beloved region:

map_mapping_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltcjp.gif

As you can see, most of the map exteriors have already been finished, even though some places are still somewhat being tweaked. As far as the main adventure goes, its path has almost been finalized, minus the areas which need some reworking and the North-East part of the world. I also finished interiors up to the 4th badge out of ten.

By the way, be sure that I didn't trade quality for quatity. Please, take a look at the 20th route (beware! It's huge):

Spoiler:

II) Character Spriting

A) Trainers Battle Sprites

Even though the concepts of each important character had been ready for quite some time now, It took me many hours to finalize the ingame sprites. Nevertheless, I can finally say with pride that every major character got their sprite started from scratch, finished and implemented in the rom! In order to avoid spoilers, I won't upload any of them as of now (unless you ask kindly...) and I ask you to trust me on this one as you trusted me (I'm sure) on the quality of the previously-stated maps.​

Regarding generic trainers, I plan on implementing lightly-altered 4th and 5th gen sprites to give them some uniquesness and improve the immersion feeling of the region. However, this isn't near ready yet. Please be patient!​

B) Fakemon Sprites

Let's continue with the main focus of this update presentation!​

Back in december, when I originally showcased the first fakemons designed for the game, the main focus was stolen by the Mapping which I won't let happen this time again. Believe me on that! I actually spent hours and hours in order to improve my spriting skills and I finally achieved results I'm not afraid of saying I'm proud of (For some reason, I think there is something really wrong with this sentence grammar :x )​

But for such a subject, words are never enough, especially when I know many people are sceptical regarding the entire concept of fakemon!​

BEHOLD! (... It might be a little bit too much hype ^^')​

Pokemon 6 starters: (their evolution are hidden under "spoiler boxes" (?) for those fearing said spoilers​

pys1_by_dragon_du_22-d8lthzl.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

pys4_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltily.png

Finally, For the most eager of you, here is my entire fakedex, which is still in progress, but should be finished by the end of next month:

Spoiler:

I REALLY hope you got convinced by those lovely creatures, because they were definitely the main focus while I was living as an internet hermit (Check Addendum for more information again. Again.) and showcasing them was the main objective of this update!​

As a bonus, you can check those fanarts made by my newly-found friend on Deviantart, GothicRift, representing the first two stages of my grass starter:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

II) What to expect next?

Trust me the next few months will be worth looking forward to regarding the evolution of Pokemon 6! After finishing my Fakedex, which should take me a few weeks, I plan on completely revisting the overworld sprites by changing all of them to 4th-gen looking ones (NO, NOT 5TH GEN!). And then, things will start getting exciting as my focus will turn to releasing a demo which will go up to the 3rd gym and a crucial plot-changing event.​

I hope you are now looking forward to it, because I sure am!​

II) Addendum

Well... Here is the last and most awkward part of this entire update. Why was I away for so long when I made it clear I was supposed to leave for only one week? I previously said it was because of personal reasons. Let me be more specific without getting into too much details. Right after coming back from holidays, someone close to me died (I neither expect nor want any kind of pity) and after doing what needed to be done in those cases, I had to go straight to my midterms (which I aced, of course, being myself ^^) and then go back to university for an extremely heavy semester (What did I expect from Law School?),actually much more heavy than what I anticipated.​

So I had to make a choice between communicating about this hack or working on it on the remains of my free time. I chose the latter and have remained adamant about it, fastening on Deviantart because it was way less time-consuming (to start off... because now I have way too many watchers :,( )

Btw, here is a link to my DA page, where I will keep updating regurlarly: http://dragon-du-22.deviantart.com/

Don't misunderstand me either: I'm coming back on Pokecommunity TO STAY, but don't expect seeing me here everyday ;)​

I hope, my fellow Pokecommunity citizens, I don't risk impeachment for that ^^ (Yes, I am shamelessly going back to the presidential theme of this comeback presentation just at the end to remind you of how awesome the introduction picture was)​

Frenchly yours,​

Self-proclaimed President MacBeth

First off, that art before the actual update is amazing.

Secondly, it's nice to see you back with some updates! As usual, your stuff's looking spic and span, I especially like the dex. Keep up the good work, Mr. President

Years
  • First off, that art before the actual update is amazing.

Secondly, it's nice to see you back with some updates! As usual, your stuff's looking spic and span, I especially like the dex. Keep up the good work, Mr. President

1) I was wondering if somebody actually cared about it! Thanks for relieving my burden! ^^

2) I'm back to stay this time! And regarding my dex (thanks for your appreciation btw), I try to steadily update it. For instance, here are my last additions to it (Not my best work so far, I've to admit... I especially have issues with Nefaryen, who will probably be redone some time soon)

Spoiler:

3) Still need an answer: How do you fellow pokecommunity hack section members want me to display my updates? one by one, right after it's possible to showcase them or by "package" just like I did for my comeback?

4) Still in need of ASM support (At some point, I may get a positive answer ^^')

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Spoiler:

3) Still need an answer: How do you fellow pokecommunity hack section members want me to display my updates? one by one, right after it's possible to showcase them or by "package" just like I did for my comeback?

These look great! :D

Well, it depends on what you're updating us on. If you manage to get A LOT done at a time, then a package. But if you're slowly working on it, then of course one by one. I don't want you to feel that we need an update immediately when you have something done.

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • Looks nice. Contact me if you need some music files. I'd be glad to help since I am too lazy to make a hack by myself.

Years
  • Looks nice. Contact me if you need some music files. I'd be glad to help since I am too lazy to make a hack by myself.

Thanks for the offer, I actually do need some music (among other things)! I am on my way checking your soundcloud ;)

RustboroCityMafia

Novice Hacker, Badge Designer
    Years
  • Everything about this hack is incredible!! The fakemon look so real and the maps and characters are all so well put together!I can't wait to play it, keep up the incredible work!

P.S. - You're actually really good at English. I could barely even tell that you were foreign until you said you were French at the bottom.

Years
  • Everything about this hack is incredible!! The fakemon look so real and the maps and characters are all so well put together!I can't wait to play it, keep up the incredible work!

P.S. - You're actually really good at English. I could barely even tell that you were foreign until you said you were French at the bottom.

1) Don't worry, I will keep working to make a playable version asap ;)

2) Thanks for that, I needed this kind of support! ^^
    I never feel too confident while writing in foreigh languages. think too much, i guess...

3) While, I'm at it: New fakemon line (once again SPOILERS INCOMING!)

Spoiler:

EDIT:
    Looks nice. Contact me if you need some music files. I'd be glad to help since I am too lazy to make a hack by myself.

Just sent you a message ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back