• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Earth

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • nice screenshots, but next time you are taking map screens, click this first (see the pic)

That will make your map look right for screenshots- instead of the upper layer tiles looking transparent.
    :)

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks for the idea Neo-Dragon. But I'm working on this in RPG Maker 2000. I'll probly, actually more than likely, update if I ever can get 2003 downloaded. I can't seem to get the full thing downloaded without it having to restart all over again.

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Hmm.....the re-colored mart and centre look a little funny. They kind of look suspiciously like RM2k3kid's chipset. I'm not accusing you of anything, but you should definitely give credit to any chipsets that you use of someone elses.

AbareMax

Years
  • The chipsets are the ones RM2k3kid recolored, but they're included in the Chipset zip in the resource thread. I'm guessing that's where he got it from.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Yep, thats where I got them from. I'll me more than happy to give credit where credit is due. I'll put RM2k3kid's name in the credits. That is if its ok for him to let me use the chip set.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    rm2k3kid said:
    I guess one person can use my recoloured pkmn center and mart.

I appreate you letting me use your chip sets rm2k3kid. But if theres ever a problem with letting me use this for my project, just tell me.

I've got new screenshots ready from my game. The three screenshots are all from Route 48. I've got other places like the exit of the Aggrest Pass and part of one of the towns done too. I'm kind of going in a counter clockwise mode around the island. :\ Anyways, here's the screenshots.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Nah it's ok I might make a new pk center and mart for myself. Nice screens you have there!
    Here are some things that you can improve on.
    Screen 1 - you are missing a 2 pieces of fence at the house.
    Screen 2 - your missing the deep water patches around the rocks and the ledges need to have the end pieces at each end.
    Screen 3 - the ledges again.
    Overall nice work!

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
  • That looks good, I have some tip in mapping Pokemon maps:

1. Don't make it to big, this will make your maps look empty, because you don't know what to put in the blank spots.
    2. Use more trees, unless you are making a mountain or something.
    3. Put flowers in X forms (see attachment).
    4. Use the lighter grass to fill up things and use sand for paths.

You don't have to use my tips but they can help you to improve some of you maps ;)

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The rock allignment somehow displeases me. (I'm going mental) Anyway, great job.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Ok guys, first off, I got RPG Maker 2003 last night so I can start working in that.

Also, I'll take any help I could use and the ideas and thoughts that have been posted so far will help me out. Thanks.

But I'm a tad confused, the rock formation, do you mean something like the layer and then another layer of rocks? Something to make it look more steeper?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    How about adding some mini games? For example at the pokemon center.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    How about adding some mini games? For example at the pokemon center.

Hmm, I didn't think of that. I'll have to look into that, thanks.

I also did thought about having a deeper plot within the current plot. It'll still have something to do with Teams Lunar, Gaia and the mysterious team I mentioned.

Back