• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Earth

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Ok, I'm new at making Pokemon games but I'll give it a shot. I don't have any screen shots as of yet, but I'll work on some. Here's what I've got so far.

Storyline
    Set in a far off land from Honnen, Johto and Kanto, the region of Alron is where this game takes place at. You play as Devin, the hero of the game. He's about 13 years old and has lived in the small town of Mogthorn since he was a baby. You travel the various islands and capture pokemon to become the next master. But you also have trouble along the way, Team Gaia and Team Lunar have been battling each other for complete control over Alron, this has gone on for the past ten years. Besides Lunar and Gaia, theres another mysterious group that seems to be running the same role to control Alron. Only it seems more seceret than Lunar and Gaia. While becoming a Pokemon Master, you must defeat the 8 (maybe 9) Gym Leaders, stop Team Gaia and Team Lunar, and make sure that this mysterious team dosen't cause any serious harm to anything.

Setup
    -New Light type (well, Jeff_PKLight came up with it though.) (Credit to Jeff_PKLight for this.)

-New Mixed Type Gym (The trainers and Gym Leader will use Pokemon that has two types, i.e Normal/Flying, Fire/Rock, ect....)

-Three Groups instead of one or two

-100-120 Pokemon. Not for sure if any new ones will appear though.

-10-13 towns (Credit to Ash_Ketchum_From_Pallet for town names.)

Thats about all I've got so far. Also, thanks to Daegon_Kimeron for the resources I downloaded from his first post in the Game Dev Resources.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Mystic said:
    Ok, I'm new at making Pokemon games but I'll give it a shot. I don't have any screen shots as of yet, but I'll work on some. Here's what I've got so far.

Storyline
    Set in a far off land from Honnen, Johto and Kanto, the region of Alron is where this game takes place at. You play as Devin, the hero of the game. He's about 13 years old and has lived in the small town of Mogthorn since he was a baby. You travel the various islands and capture pokemon to become the next master. But you also have trouble along the way, Team Gaia and Team Lunar have been battling each other for complete control over Alron, this has gone on for the past ten years. Besides Lunar and Gaia, theres another mysterious group that seems to be running the same role to control Alron. Only it seems more seceret than Lunar and Gaia. While becoming a Pokemon Master, you must defeat the 8 (maybe 9) Gym Leaders, stop Team Gaia and Team Lunar, and make sure that this mysterious team dosen't cause any serious harm to anything.

Setup
    -New Light type (well, Jeff_PKLight came up with it though.) (Credit to Jeff_PKLight for this.)

-New Mixed Type Gym (The trainers and Gym Leader will use Pokemon that has two types, i.e Normal/Flying, Fire/Rock, ect....)

-Three Groups instead of one or two

-100-120 Pokemon. Not for sure if any new ones will appear though.

-10-13 towns (Credit to Ash_Ketchum_From_Pallet for town names.)

Thats about all I've got so far. Also, thanks to Daegon_Kimeron for the resources I downloaded from his first post in the Game Dev Resources.

Sounds good!
    Nice features, oh & city names (*Wink, Wink*).
    Well good luck!

Oh & what maker you using?

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks guys. I'm going to be working on this with RPG Maker 2000. I'm not good at 2003 and I know nothing about RPXP. Also, I'll try to use the Pokemon Menu Sprites that Phoenix316 posted. Credit to you for those.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    I hope to get some screen shots up soon. Also, I might need some help with the CBS for this game. Does anyone know a file or something that could help me make a Pokemon style CBS? Thanks.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks for the offer of help MetaMew.

Well, its not much, but I got one screenshot done and have it uploaded to let you guys see. Here's the small town of Mogthorn.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Actually, I'm working on getting the moves in. The moves won't take PP like in the games, unless I find a way to fix that in RPG Maker 2000. The moves will be using MP though, but I've fixed around the attributes already and added all the elements in, including Light. I've got to get the Pokemon themselves ready and the moves and then I could start on the items. While doing this, I'm working on the map, thats why there wasn't any people in the screenshot I posted. I've also worked around and I think I've got the music changing from Routes to Towns down and a little bit on trainers.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    eeeeeeekk i can't wait! are you taking O.T.? good luck and tell when you finish!

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    O.T., as in Orignal Trainers? I'm a little confused on what you mean. Sorry about this.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Yeah, I've got it set up that theres going to be one or two trainers before you get to the first town. The gym is actually in the first town, theres no mission to go to the first town like in R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG. Its basicly straight foward, head first into battle. Thats basicly it for the begining. I know it sounds like a big spoiler, but its better than having to restart the game because you had the wrong type or that you wasn't strong enough.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks Maya. Also, I've got some updates so far. New maps, three new maps actually. Here they are.

A remake of Mogthorn Town. Its a different Chip Set, thats why this picture looks different from the one I posted before.

Route 47, this is the first mission of the game. Nothing much really, just simular to R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E where you have to go to the first town for the package for the professor.

Aggrest Town, this is the first town besides Mogthorn. This is straight into a gym battle basicly.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I like them and i would love to play your new game keep up the good work for me!^^

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I asked Peekimon for his oppion and he helped me out with about the same oppion. Thanks. I can now start working more on my maps, I was starting to think they looked rushed. I can fix the minor things like the flowers and add people in. Plus, it'll look better with when I take screenshots in the actual game. I took these when I was editing the maps. Thats why the houses looked faded. ^^'

Back