• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Curse of the Breeder" - Griffy

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
As breeders we've all done some stupid things. Here you can share some of the dumb things you've done while breeding. No picking on each other though and be civil! :P

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
1. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that all eggs were hatched a good 10 minutes ago
2. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that the parent didn't get along with my HM slave Talonflame
3. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that both parents were the same gender
4. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that only half of the pair is in the daycare
5. Reversed Destiny Knot and Everstone by accident and hatched crappy babies
6. Double Everstone hold

Ahhhh, the curse of the breeder.

Years
Put a female Breloom and a Gourgeist in there only to realize that the latter is only in the Amorphous Egg Group and not Plant like Breloom is.

Also, at one point I thought this one Smeargle I was trying to breed had max Special Attack, and after a ton of eggs out of what I got didn't have it, I checked, and it had max Attack instead. Ouch.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I once put an egg in PC, thinking it was some Pokémon. After about ten to fifteen minutes of biking, I started to wonder why it wasn't hatching, aaand, yeah, finally managed to realize what I actually did.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Just not long ago I just got a HA pokemon with egg moves (level 1) and started to breed it with a ditto to hopefully get some more and I had a trade were i needed to breed something so i took it out and once i put it back in the daycare i stored like 10 eggs of it and when they hatched none of them had egg moves so i checked my pokemon to see that the daycare had removed its egg moves with other level up moves >.<

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Just not long ago I just got a HA pokemon with egg moves (level 1) and started to breed it with a ditto to hopefully get some more and I had a trade were i needed to breed something so i took it out and once i put it back in the daycare i stored like 10 eggs of it and when they hatched none of them had egg moves so i checked my pokemon to see that the daycare had removed its egg moves with other level up moves >.<
You can take it to the move relearner with some Heart Scales and reteach the Egg Moves. Anything the Pokémon has ever known can be retaught in XY.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
You can take it to the move relearner with some Heart Scales and reteach the Egg Moves. Anything the Pokémon has ever known can be retaught in XY.

Forgot to add,the problem was that i recently restarted the game so i havent reached the move relearned just yet >.<

Elements1

Meh
Years
Apparently I hatched a shiny squirtle, but due to the little change in shiny form I did not realize I hatched it till I started releasing my boxes of squirtle. Right as I confirmed the release I realized that the Squirtle had the shiny star. In my desperation to get one, I looked on the GTS for one, only to realized that I saved so I could not soft reset. >.< I really hate myself.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Cycled back and forth realizing I still have both parents in my party. Cycled back and forth and only have ditto in the daycare. Cycled back and forth and realized I forgot to put the items on the parents ;;

Tek

Years
Hahahahaha this thread is amazing. Not once, but twice, I have let the mother of a breeding pair evolve and then saved the game.... When the move I wanted for the offspring could only be learned by the unevolved form. This happened recently with a yanma that was supposed to pass hypnosis. The first time, I let my Lv 91 Trapinch evolve - SO MUCH LOST EFFORT.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
-Cycling back and forth the daycare until I realized I didn't leave the parents in the daycare.
-Cycling back and forth the daycare and picking up eggs until I realized I hadn't switched parents.
-Cycling back and forth the daycare wondering why there were no eggs until I remembered togepi is a baby pokémon and can't breed.

Brandy721

(You're a Fine Girl)
Years
-Cycling back and four repeatedly hatching eggs containing 3IV Skrelps, beginning to yell at my game while trying to figure out why they would never get over 3IVs with a 4IV parent and 6IV parent, exclaiming that my luck can't possibly be this horrible... Two boxes of flawed Skrelp later, checked to see that I forgot to give the Destiny Knot to either of the parents... >< Facepalm.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
Cycling back and forth and realizing no pokemon are in the daycare >_>
Also, cycling around Prism Tower for a good 30 minutes after all my eggs were hatched.

Don't judge me.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Let's see, I'll give a little back history, I started playing Pokémon with Red Version, played Gold and Silver then pretty much quit until I purchased Black 2 the end of 2012. I played here and there randomly but not for longer than a couple days, years separating these occasions until Black 2.

My mistake? Trying to MM a Ditto in Gen 5. I didn't remember much from Gen 2 regarding breeding and Ditto is my favorite Pokémon, especially Shiny, I wanted one!!

Too bad Ditto can't breed, I still don't have the competitive Ditto I want.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
Years
1. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that all eggs were hatched a good 10 minutes ago
2. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that the parent didn't get along with my HM slave Talonflame
3. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that both parents were the same gender
4. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that only half of the pair is in the daycare
5. Reversed Destiny Knot and Everstone by accident and hatched crappy babies
6. Double Everstone hold

Ahhhh, the curse of the breeder.

This really made me laugh hard hahaha :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The only thing that pisses me off is this...

Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that the man was just too lazy to turn around to let me know that an Egg was already ready for pickup

Since then, I switched from moving back and forth on that route to circle around the fountain in the <insert town name here> Town 5 - 6 times and then go back and talk to the Egg Guy. >:/ Works almost all the time. >:\

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I've definitely biked up and down a million times and wondered why nothing was happening, only to find out that all the eggs already hatched a long time ago. x3

Back