• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Curse of the Breeder" - Griffy

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
On several occasions, I accidentally put two babes in the daycare and couldn't figure out why no eggs were produced after 10 mins. I can't help it I get these ladies straight from Wonder Trade. >:O

Oh, and while holding 5 eggs, I continue biking around waiting for the 5th egg to hatch, but it already hatched a half hour ago.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
^ That reminds me!

I Wonder Trade all the parents that I no longer need to clear them from my boxes. One time, I accidentally almost traded away a parent holding my only Destiny Bond. I saw it having the item and I freaked and shut off my game so fast. I saved it! xD

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 25, 2014
^ Yeah... I think they should make a system that notifies you before you offer a poke with any item and say "Are you sure you want to trade/release this Pokemon? It has [item]!"

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Or even more so, they should allow you to cancel a Wonder Trade when you haven't found a partner yet instead of having to shut off your game.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Or even more so, they should allow you to cancel a Wonder Trade when you haven't found a partner yet instead of having to shut off your game.

you can just disconnect by flipping the switch on the right side of the 3ds =)

I've had to DC a few times when I noticed "Oh wait, I need this for something"

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
hey, ok i have done something that is really stupid lol, i was trying to get a baby Bulbasaur for egg moves slowpoke had curse to give to a baby Bulbasaur.

female slowpoke + male Ivysaur = baby Bulbasaur

that's was my thinking but i need a female Ivysaur + male Slowpoke / curse.

LOL :-)

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
This actually happened to me once. I was cycling around the day care and waited for the dude to turn his head around to tell me that an egg is ready. After wasting a good 10 minute, I got fed up of waiting and cycled toward him to check on the parents status. Then I finally realized that the parents are still in my party and I completely forgot to put them inside the daycare. *face palm*

UndyingFury

Lady Fury
Years
I accidentally Wonder-Traded away a Pokemon holding my Everstone, and then I had to wait around for Geodude hordes for about an hour or so in Terminus cave and try to steal another one from one of them (which is a 5% chance, by the way ;-;) before they killed each other using Magnitude. At least it wasn't my Destiny Knot, or I would've cried (unless you can actually find more of them on wild Pokemon, but I didn't think you could).

There have also been many occasions where I've cycled back and forth infront of the Daycare for at least like 15-30 minutes before I realized that both Pokemon were either the same gender or not even in the same egg group.

Oh, the curse of the breeder is a vile one, hehe.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
At least it wasn't my Destiny Knot, or I would've cried (unless you can actually find more of them on wild Pokemon, but I didn't think you could).

You can get more destiny knots by battling a certain trainer in Luminose City as many times as you want actually! Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q786Z6b8bYE

I've been a victim of the "bike round luminose for 10mins before realizing my eggs have hatched" multiple times because I don't really pay attention while I'm doing it haha. Other standouts include breeding Gardevoir with a Machamp and having to get off my skates to talk to the day-care man as I would constantly skate around him with the circle pad ugh

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I accidentally Wonder-Traded away a Pokemon holding my Everstone, and then I had to wait around for Geodude hordes for about an hour or so in Terminus cave and try to steal another one from one of them (which is a 5% chance, by the way ;-;)...

You can increase that chance to 20% if you lead with a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes (even if it has fainted).

I thought you could beed Unown! I walked up to the day care man after 10 minutes of cycling to have him say that my Unown and Ditto prefer to play with other Pokemon...

UndyingFury

Lady Fury
Years
You can get more destiny knots by battling a certain trainer in Luminose City as many times as you want actually!

Oh. Awesome! That's one less thing for me to be worried about, then. Thanks for the info! c:

You can increase that chance to 20% if you lead with a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes (even if it has fainted).

Yeah, I led with my Galvantula and switched out into a Bisharp with Thief. It still took awhile though. Mostly because, like I said, they kept murdering each other with Magnitude. :p
Also, 20%? That's pretty good; I didn't think it increased that much. I thought it would only be just a tiiiny bit less rare. But after checking Bulbapedia and such, I learned that since gen V, it no longer increases your chances by 50%, but it increases it to a set amount. Well then. The more you know~

Zayutasu

DragonManiac
Years
I`ve once cycled in a small circle in front of the daycare guy in x and y and started screaming in frustration because my eggs wouldnt hatch and i realized i had both parents in my party, and i didnt even had any eggs with me.

I always crash my bicycle into the fence when trying to recive and egg from the daycareman, and ALWAYS ALWAYS miss the door at least 3 times before being able to get in to talk to the daycarewoman.

Hatch about 50 crappy iv eggs and never wonder what was happening because acording to me i just had "bad luck" only to later realize i places the wrong parents.

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
You can get more destiny knots by battling a certain trainer in Luminose City as many times as you want actually! Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q786Z6b8bYE

I've been a victim of the "bike round luminose for 10mins before realizing my eggs have hatched" multiple times because I don't really pay attention while I'm doing it haha. Other standouts include breeding Gardevoir with a Machamp and having to get off my skates to talk to the day-care man as I would constantly skate around him with the circle pad ugh

Just Wonder Traded my ever stone and destiny knot after finally breeding a perfect IV Shinx and I just realized it when I was trying to IV breed a Froakie. And this is the second time this happens.
You just saved my life. I didn't know you could go as many times as you want to get Destiny Knot, i'll give it a shot. But yeah, these things happen a lot.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Apparently I hatched a shiny squirtle, but due to the little change in shiny form I did not realize I hatched it till I started releasing my boxes of squirtle. Right as I confirmed the release I realized that the Squirtle had the shiny star. In my desperation to get one, I looked on the GTS for one, only to realized that I saved so I could not soft reset. >.< I really hate myself.
Along the same vein, I had imported a Meowth from Unova (after cloning it, I think...thankfully) and, without battling, leveled it up to Lv.60 (as a Persian) to keep the daycare breeding costs down. I started breeding it with the Shiny Ditto. Later, I was getting ready to release it because I had many with better IVs to take its place. At that moment, I realized that it had a Shiny Star.

I had never battled with it directly and thus never saw the sparklies. All the experience was from the Exp. Share. I checked and found I did import it as a Meowth; the Shiny form was in my Dex.

That Persian has been benched now while I do my Meowth breeding with multi-IV recipients.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I have many times continued biking with all my eggs hatched already. :3c Since i got frustrated with this, i just use the ST menu to check at a glance if eggs are hatched. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have many times continued biking with all my eggs hatched already. :3c Since i got frustrated with this, i just use the ST menu to check at a glance if eggs are hatched. :)
After a hatch or two, I go to the PC and then take the next Egg from the breeder. The only time I don't do this is if I want a hatch location specifically. Usually it's Lumiose City in XY or the Skyarrow Bridge in Gen. V.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So today. I dropped off my newly evolved 4IV Pikachu at the breeder...or so I thought. It apparently didn't go in, I thought it did, and I just went roller skating for five minutes before thinking of asking "Egg Man" about their status. "Oh, your Ditto's doing just fine!"

Damn you, finicky controls. Damn you.

Back