• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkkk

Shiny Gold Fan
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
Yeahh!!!

Zel you're the coolest!!!
The history is coming back!

Take your time, and be careful with the school.

Good luck and thanks

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
W00t!

Go zel! It's great to hear that your back on this project.

I hope you still continue to focus on your studies more though - you have our support with that.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I guess I just can't walk away...

Hello, community! zel here speaking from the confused depths of my mind...

Nah, nevermind that. I just thought that I cant just leave like that. I dont want to lose this. I want to keep going at Shiny Gold. Now I think I'm a bit wiser and less-rushed, I hope. I did some serious thinking, and...

First, even though I'll continue, I'm going to learn to contain and limit myself. So, I wont be as active as I was before.

Second, till I dont fix my problems, Shiny Gold is on hold. Probably by December I should get some time to start working again (little by little). But, even though I'd be in vacations, I'll keep studying to prepare myself for next year, and studies will be the first priority in my list.

Third, since I wont dedicate much time, I'm thinking about starting a hacking group, to release myself from doing everything, and dedicate my time (not too much) to do what I like more, scripting. I dont have much experience handling and working in groups, so I hope to get help. I also hope to get the help from experienced and responsible people.
Anyway, that'd be only for the future. So, I'd appreciate if you hold yer horses till I really ask.

That is all, I appreciate the concern from you, friends. I'm glad to say that zel is back to hack! (Well, not really, I'd be by December) I'll be in the community anyway in my nights (not all of'em) just if you need something or to encourage people's awesome works.

In the meantime keep practicing and mastering your skills. I wish luck to all of you in your hacks!

From your friend (I hope), and a Gold Remaker, zel.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Okay zel, I understand what you're saying bud. Take your time, You've done so much, it's just well...the best. You concentrate on your work and we'll..yes we'll be patient. Thanks for returning. You know, everybody here got your back. You are great with your work, and well restpected. Treecko supports you my friend, good luck to you and Shiny Gold.

zak

xpert trainer
Years

Hello, community! zel here speaking from the confused depths of my mind...

Nah, nevermind that. I just thought that I cant just leave like that. I dont want to lose this. I want to keep going at Shiny Gold. Now I think I'm a bit wiser and less-rushed, I hope. I did some serious thinking, and...

First, even though I'll continue, I'm going to learn to contain and limit myself. So, I wont be as active as I was before.

Second, till I dont fix my problems, Shiny Gold is on hold. Probably by December I should get some time to start working again (little by little). But, even though I'd be in vacations, I'll keep studying to prepare myself for next year, and studies will be the first priority in my list.

Third, since I wont dedicate much time, I'm thinking about starting a hacking group, to release myself from doing everything, and dedicate my time (not too much) to do what I like more, scripting. I dont have much experience handling and working in groups, so I hope to get help. I also hope to get the help from experienced and responsible people.
Anyway, that'd be only for the future. So, I'd appreciate if you hold yer horses till I really ask.

That is all, I appreciate the concern from you, friends. I'm glad to say that zel is back to hack! (Well, not really, I'd be by December) I'll be in the community anyway in my nights (not all of'em) just if you need something or to encourage people's awesome works.

In the meantime keep practicing and mastering your skills. I wish luck to all of you in your hacks!

From your friend (I hope), and a Gold Remaker, zel.

if you're gona start a hacking group i'd like to join , your workz gr8 and i'd like to help where i can ,

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
Years
Thats too bad, because you are the greatest scripter alive! But only since I killed Dark E, lol. But seriously, this was tied with Rijon Adventures for my favorite in progress hack. But only because there's no word on Drak Future and Oceans lol. Keep this thing alive!

Prince of Lake Island,
Har D. Har Koopa.

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Take your time, Zel. I'm in no rush for a full GS remake as long as I know a great one like yours still exists or is in production, even if it isn't updated for months I'll be happy. Wish you the best of luck. :)

As I've said before, your remake rocks! :)

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
ZEL! THANKS TO THE POKEGODS FOR YOUR RETURN!! HAHAHAAHA

check wat i did jsut right now??

since alot of people (including me) are supporting you and shinygold, i made a sig of your fav of mine!

zelgs5.gif

what you think? imma put it on my sig soon!

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
I just finished the 2nd beta and I have to say it was awesome!
There are some things that do need some work- like some of the mapping has little details missing or bad tiling.
The gym leader overworld sprites are just plain old sprites (what's with that?).

Apart from all that, this hack is a 10/10 in my book. Good job.

Years
Great to see you back, zel, and I'm glad that you're continuing your hack. Shiny Gold is probably the best remake of Gold as of yet, and it would be very unfortunate to see it go down the drain like that.

If you need help with mapping, I'm here, even though I suck at scripting. :P

Years
I'm having a little trouble even starting the game...

I can load it onto my computer but what program do I need to run it?

Can someone please just answer this simple question quickly... I really want to try it out.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
OK, I dont have many things to multi-quote this time, since, mainly, I'm not yet working on the hack (till Dec.), and lastly, because mainly the posts are for a warm re-welcome (to which I can only say thanks!). But I have found a few things...

check wat i did jsut right now??

since alot of people (including me) are supporting you and shinygold, i made a sig of your fav of mine!

zelgs5.gif

If you're talking about the videos, yes, I've seen all of'em. Too bad there wont be any new videos (I used them to relax a bit, and see how the game was doing from a different perspective). But don't worry, and thanks for the time you took to show them.

And about the new banner, well... What should I say? *blushes*

The gym leader overworld sprites are just plain old sprites (what's with that?).

This part just confused me a bit. What do you call "just plain old sprites"? I've merged a few trainers so they look like the gym leaders from Gold, and now with the help of Enrico Marini, I'm adding completely new sprites based on their poses from the original Gold.

I'm having a little trouble even starting the game...

I can load it onto my computer but what program do I need to run it?

Can someone please just answer this simple question quickly... I really want to try it out.

I understand you are new to the community (Heh!, I was new just a few months ago!). But there are always a few threads you need to read before posting anything in any thread, and this is the thread you'd need to read:

http://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=73966, made by our friendly neighbourhood H.Sotomura (I prefer Wolt, man!)

Nothing more for now, till next time!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
i might do more vids

i did make a new one though, of me catching all teh fire type startes (no cheating! just hacking heheeh) but i might record more of me playing, idk.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
everyoen has it man!

just forget about

nothins wrong

but, when you save, dont click save, click, save game, then chose a slot

EDIT: what you mean. 2nd help screen. what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.