• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Sting: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Yeah, same here. Kricketot is just one of those Pokemon you can't find a spot on your team. However, I've tried to use it during my first Pt Monotype Bug run and it's decent. With X-Scissor and all.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • It's ummm wow
    Kricketot is just there haha
    You dont want him on a team nor do you want Kricketune, theyre sound they make is also annoying plus Kricketune looks alittle ridiculous and probably should be bug and flying although if you really wanted you could use this guy in a sinnoh adventure with the right moveset. At first i tried then i learned not to haha.

Years
  • Kricketot is one of those Pokémon that really got the bad end of the stick, because you'd have to keep it un-evolved until Level 16 for Bug Bite, unless you want to be stuck with Fury Cutter, which is weak in Gen IV.

But on that very note, I found myself a shiny Kricketot in Platinum a few days ago, and that was cool.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Finally, a Pokémon of the week I can totally be excited about. I mean, Burmy and Kricketot? Come on now.

Spoiler:

Yanmega!

Diamond/Pearl Pokédex: By churning its wings, it creates shock waves that inflict critical internal injuries on foes.

So THAT's how Bug Buzz works.

Yanmega is one I haven't been able to use yet, but I plan on trying to get one when I play through HeartGold again since you can get it in the Johto Dex. It has a very cool design and it's really powerful as well, having good Special Attack and Speed with a fantastic movepool to take advantage of it. It's one of those favorites of mine that I haven't yet been able to utilize myself unfortunately.

Years
  • I sadly have never used Yanmega seriously by any means, but I kinda wish I had the chance to. By getting Speed Boost, it has something to separate itself from most of its other Bug/Flying fellows, and a good Special Attack stat to back it up. It really makes me wish it had Baton Pass and something to boost that stat with, though.

Years
  • Name: Precious~Dark
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Venonat & Sewaddle
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: When is was a child I always liked bugs (& bug Pokemon) I would come home with the biggest spiders I could find or pet Bumblebees when they are enjoying their sunflowers (yes you can pet bumblebees) I didn't understand why people are afraid of them. I find them interesting and till this day I make a lot photos of deferent insects. It was only natural that I love bug-type pokemon.
    Photo:
    Spoiler:

Answer to current topic: Yanmega
    I never used a Yanmega in my party before however I like it's design and that it's based on a dragonfly. Maybe I should try to have one in my party next time.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Firstly ive sadly never used him... but i do have him as a pokemon and have see him in action! He is quite the powerful bug type and has a wide moveset making him very versatile but what makes hi great is his high speed stat and his speedboost ability! I also love it with bug buzz and air slash plus ancient power being its key move to evolve and having h learn it adds great coverage! Id say hes definitely one of my fav bug types plus hes also a dragonfly which i love dragonflies! Also i kinda think if he got a mega it would be bug and dragon hehe :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Precious~Dark
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Venonat & Sewaddle
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: When is was a child I always liked bugs (& bug Pokemon) I would come home with the biggest spiders I could find or pet Bumblebees when they are enjoying their sunflowers (yes you can pet bumblebees) I didn't understand why people are afraid of them. I find them interesting and till this day I make a lot photos of deferent insects. It was only natural that I love bug-type pokemon.
    Photo:
    Spoiler:

Answer to current topic: Yanmega
    I never used a Yanmega in my party before however I like it's design and that it's based on a dragonfly. Maybe I should try to have one in my party next time.

Welcome! It's nice to see people who aren't afraid of bugs. I'm not exactly fond of them, but I don't nearly have the deathly fear others have. Also, I recommend Yanmega even though I haven't used it myself, it's got great stats and moves and I plan on using it when I play HeartGold next.

I agree that it should be Bug/Dragon-type as a Mega, but he needs to learn some Dragon-type moves or get an ability to change moves into Dragon-type.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Time for a new Pokémon of the Week, and one of my favorites.

Spoiler:

(Mega) Beedrill!

Crystal Pokédex: It uses sharp, poisonous stings to defeat prey, then takes the victim back to its nest for food.

Don't become Beedrill's lunch.

I was extremely excited when I found out that Mega Beedrill was coming in OR/AS. Unfortunately, it isn't available until after the game, but still, having one it pretty amazing if you ask me. I love it's design and it gets a pretty good moveset as well. I've always been a fan of Beedrill. It's a very simple Pokémon, but I tend to like simple.

Years
  • Beedrill is awesome pokemon, I love what they did with his design for his mega evolution. I have yet to use a mega-Beedrill in the game (I got alpha sapphire last week) but i'm looking forward to it.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Well you can technically obtain Kakuna legally in the Safari Zone once you have the National Pokédex using the DexNav. (Y so high level tho?) Anyway, Mega Beedrill did give a nice buff to an early game Pokémon that surely would have appreciated it as it is, giving it monster Attack and Speed. Sadly, it's still terribly frail, so it's hard to use it properly. Maybe it's worth giving a spin sometime, though.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Well you can technically obtain Kakuna legally in the Safari Zone once you have the National Pokédex using the DexNav. (Y so high level tho?) Anyway, Mega Beedrill did give a nice buff to an early game Pokémon that surely would have appreciated it as it is, giving it monster Attack and Speed. Sadly, it's still terribly frail, so it's hard to use it properly. Maybe it's worth giving a spin sometime, though.

Can you get it before you beat the Elite Four?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Although I hope I never run into a swarm of Beedrill without any pokemon in real life...
    tumblr_n00hg9eCLu1tot49lo1_500.gif

Well let's not think about that shall we? ;A;

Beedrill's pretty good! Though it does scream 'impending doom' for careless trainers and pokemon alike, don't you think that an armed bee the size of a man seems pretty rad?

How do you guys think people would handle Beedrill in the real world though? Seeing as some people are beyond terrified of wasps and bees, I think this'd just add to their fear. There'd probably be mass panic with the appearance of such a huge bee too, not to mention the injuries that could come from such a situation.

That being said, I think I have a newfound respect for people who live within the pokemon universe. I'd imagine that they'd have to deal with a lot more than Beedrill but regardless, it's still amazing how trainers aren't regularly hurt from all these man-sized bugs haha.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Beedrill in real life would be really frightening. Those things are fast and massive, I don't think I'd ever be scared of anything more :P

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    Name: Gamma
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Beedrill & Scolipede
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I am fascinated with invertebrates in the real world, and I consider myself an amateur entomologist. In the realm of pokemon, I view them as one of few types that are challenging to use, but rewarding to master.
    Answer to current topic: It seems that my timing for joining is impeccable with Beedrill as the P.O.T.W. Having starting with Gen 1 so many years ago, I have always been fond of Beedrill and Butterfree. Alas, seeing a Beedrill, or any other insect pokemon in a real world scenario would be quite terrifying indeed. The Asian Giant Hornet, the largest hornet in the world, is only two inches long. Just imagine if a bee the size of a dog came bursting through your window looking for prey...

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Gamma
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Beedrill & Scolipede
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I am fascinated with invertebrates in the real world, and I consider myself an amateur entomologist. In the realm of pokemon, I view them as one of few types that are challenging to use, but rewarding to master.
    Answer to current topic: It seems that my timing for joining is impeccable with Beedrill as the P.O.T.W. Having starting with Gen 1 so many years ago, I have always been fond of Beedrill and Butterfree. Alas, seeing a Beedrill, or any other insect pokemon in a real world scenario would be quite terrifying indeed. The Asian Giant Hornet, the largest hornet in the world, is only two inches long. Just imagine if a bee the size of a dog came bursting through your window looking for prey...

Welcome! You did join at a good time! Beedrill and Butterfree are both favorites of mine. Also a bee the size of a dog...yeah I need to get that outta my head X_X

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    Welcome! You did join at a good time! Beedrill and Butterfree are both favorites of mine. Also a bee the size of a dog...yeah I need to get that outta my head X_X

Thanks Wicked. I am also working my way through my first Bug Monotype challenge. I just arrived in Cinnabar Island and I'm anxious to put my Beedrill, "Metabee", to the test. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this one without using sleep powder abuse though.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Pokémon of the Week time!

Spoiler:

X/Omega Ruby Pokédex: It lives hidden within thicket shadows. When predators attack, it quickly bristles the fur covering its body in an effort to threaten them.

Don't mess with Spewpa.

Spewpa can be cute, but it's basically a Metapod/Kakuna/Silcoon/Cascoon/any I missed clone, so there's not much to say about it, other than it gets a pretty cool and colorful evolution.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's time for the next Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Larvesta!

Black Pokédex: This Pokémon was believed to have been born from the sun. When it evolves, its entire body is engulfed in flames.

This is a must see.

Larvesta is pretty cool in it's own right with its crazy level-up moveset, but there's no reason for me to drag it out when I simply have my own love for Volcarona and I don't really care much for Larvesta by itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back