• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Sting: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • I would absolutely love to see Butterfree get a Mega. To be honest, I've kind of fell out of love with it over the years - I much prefer Beautifly's design.

What kind of typing do you think it should get as a mega?​

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Some of you may have seen in the feedback thread, but we officially have a new event up here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356065

For this, we'll each be doing a Monotype challenge and trying to finish the respective games before the other clubs while gaining the most points.

So I was actually hoping to do a Bug Monotype Challenge with Black 2 anyway since I like so many of the Pokémon, so unless anyone has any objections, I'd like to go on and enter myself.

Reactions: Sun

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's been a while since I've added a topic, so here you go!

Which Generation has the best Bug-types?

This is one of the few that Gen I doesn't take the cake for, even though Beedrill is my favorite Bug-type. Gen V actually takes this one a rarity since I don't like Gen V much with Volcarona, Scolipede, Leavanny, and Galvantula.

Years
  • It's been a while since I've added a topic, so here you go!

Which Generation has the best Bug-types?

This is one of the few that Gen I doesn't take the cake for, even though Beedrill is my favorite Bug-type. Gen V actually takes this one a rarity since I don't like Gen V much with Volcarona, Scolipede, Leavanny, and Galvantula.

Apologies to Heracross but I think Gen 5 too. There's a good number of good Bug-types and even a Bug Legendary! Genesect is an awesome Pokemon and one of my all time faves. Also introduced new typings with Volcarona and Galvantula. Durant is also another fave Bug of mine! I like what Gen 6 did with Vivillon and all the patterns that encouraged trading but Gen 5 definitely comes out top overall.

Reactions: Sun

Methodman

alias Meth0d
    Years
  • Name: Method
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Scizor and Heracross!
    214.png
    212.png

Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I really like bugs in pokemon, because I have a insect phobia in real life.. and I really want to act against my phobia.
    Answer to current topic: I think gen2 have the best bug-types(like scizor, heracross, ledian and pineco )

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Method
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Scizor and Heracross!
    214.png
    212.png

Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I really like bugs in pokemon, because I have a insect phobia in real life.. and I really want to act against my phobia.
    Answer to current topic: I think gen2 have the best bug-types(like scizor, heracross, ledian and pineco )

Welcome! That's an interesting reason to like Bug-types, but I'm glad you want to overcome your fear! Gen II does have some great bugs as well I must say. Scizor and Heracross are great Pokémon so it's cool to see those as your favorites.

I'm back after a little bit of time away and I've got another topic for us to discuss!

If you were to introduce a Bug-type legendary, how would it be?

I could see a very large moth/bee hybrid Pokémon that kind of would have features that would resemble Beedrill and Venomoth, but much larger and more intricate since it's a legendary. It would be balanced between Attack and Special Attack power.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • So it's been a loooooooong while, but now that I'm moved in and settled I'm back! Also I've picked another Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

(Mega) Pinsir!

Black/White 2 Pokédex: It grips prey with its powerful pincers and will not let go until the prey is torn in half.

Good Pinsir, n-nice Pinsir...

Pinsir was always just above average for me. I always liked Heracross better because I thought it looked cooler and it was a bit better. Then the terrifying Mega Pinsir came along and changed everything. I love how intimidating it looks and it gets some fantastic moves along with it's great ability (OP Quick Attacks ftw).

Years
  • i really love the design of many bug types i just hate how they generally "suck" in practice.

My faves being Ninjask, Accelgor, Escavelier and Scyther. (Barring the wings scyther looks way more dragon than bug..)

On topic, i never really got use out of pinsir. I don't think i ever caught one in my blue version nor was i all that interested. It was freaky looking and i never had room on my team. By the time i was interested there were better alternatives available namely heracross. But i do think on paper it seems like a sound option. And it intrigues me if not purely for the fact that i rarely ever see it. In game or online.

But i'm currently running a team with mega heracross which i believe to be slightly superior.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Time for a new topic!

Which Bug-type Mega Evolution is your favorite?

Beedrill by far, it gets a significant Speed and Attack boost that it definitely benefits from and it gets a really awesome design as well.

Years
  • Which Bug-type Mega Evolution is your favorite?

I also love Mega Beedrill. I was never much a fan of the Pokemon initially given how weak it was, but then give it buffed Attack and Speed at the cost of everything else, give it Adaptability for buffed STABs and you have a real killer bee on your hands. Literally one of the best improvements ever for a Mega.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
    Years
  • Name: AkioMoto
    Bug type partners: Ledian
    166.png
    Shedinja
    292.png

Reasons for liking bug types: They are so much cuter than real bugs and are so versital in battles also Joltic's mere existence.

Favorite bug type mega: Mega Beedrill
    015-m.png

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Name: HudsonBay (Coby)
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Vivillon & Pinsir.
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: This is something I only noticed more recently, but a Bug-type has usually been a staple of my team in each generation. For example, in Red, LeafGreen and Heart Gold: Butterfree. For Silver, it was Pinsir/ Scyther (usually depending on who I caught first/won with in the Bug Catching Contest, which is one of my favourite in game events by the way) Alpha Sapphire it was Masquerain, and for X I have used Vivillon (<3) and Mega Pinsir in my second/current play through.
    I guess it all started with Butterfree, which is one of my favourite Pokemon ever and one of my most frequently used. I also loved its appearances in the anime, I was gutted when Ash traded it for Raticate and then I died when we had to say goodbye. xD
    Finally, I realise that I haven't mentioned how cute/beautiful/awesome Bug-types are in appearance. If I continue I'm going to sound like the Pokemon Fan Club's president...XD
    Which Bug-type Mega Evolution is your favorite? I'm extremely partial to my Mega Pinsir, he looks awesome and his Return is devastating :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back