• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Wait… it's over already?"

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are you finished with playing through the game's storyline? If you are, then how long did it take you to finish it, approximately? If you aren't, then how far are you into the game, and how long are you expecting it to take before you're able to have it fully completed?

As for myself, I've been able to finish the only yesterday. ^^ It's taken me about three days to complete it. I've defeated about five gym leaders on my first day, as I've played the game for more than six hours in total. On the second day, I've managed to beat the last three gyms and gotten myself up to the Elite Four. On the third, I've taken down the champion. After that, the game was pretty much over.

The game was a lot shorter than I had hoped, so I was quite disappointed about that. Would've been much better if it was a bit longer, and kept us busy for a few additional days. They do have some side-quests for you to do after the game, but they don't necessarily count, as they're not a part of the main story. d:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Lol nope.... unlike everyone else, I have been exploring everything and only using EXP Share when I am behind. At the moment I am about 10 or 11 hours into the game and just now got the 3rd badge. At this rate it will take me a lot of time, not to mention I will have to train a lot for the E4.

People really should try not to use EXP Share. It makes the game more challenging and takes more time. I have actually been defeated by a random trainer (Hawlucha is a heck of a lot stronger than it appears) and the first two gym leaders. I did sweep the whole 3rd gym with Honedge though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Haven't beat it yet, just got my second badge today, but I've been shiny hunting and EV Training for a tournament my local gamestop is holding on saturday.

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
    Years
  • Have to agree that it was entirely too quick even without exp share, if you let me have a Garchamp, Slamence, Charizard, Lucario and give me the weakest elite 4 to date with a push over champion i'm going to blow through the game. And I did my best to capture every pokemon I could and explore every nook of the game.

Extremely disappointed with how short the game was

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I just got my 6th badge, and so far I've barely encountered Team Flare. Heck, I don't even know what their general intentions are besides "we do what we want". Also after I got my mega ring, stuff dies soooo easily with my charizard. Got a lvl 52 greninja, 48 charizard and rest of my pokemon are around the level 45, the ones I'm using in battle because else it will be too easy. Currently using Absol and Heliolisk and sometimes Simisage to make stuff a bit harder.

I do hope there's more stuff to do after I beat the champion and all the sidequests. Else I'll be disappointed as well.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Beat it on the night of my 4th day (well, it was past midnight I believe so the 5th day really. :p) I can't complain, I made sure to make it last by having a good go at trying to "catch 'em all" and I enjoyed every second of it. ^^

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Beat it after 3 days as well. 26 hours total playtime. Champion was too easy, everything was too easy. Also have all the catchable legendaries, Yveltal, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zygarde. Only thing left is to get all the night Mega Stones now that I've triggered it with the event.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Im about 23 hrs into the game and i only have 4 badges.
    Im trying to take my time and not rushing anything, because im enjozing it a lot!
    There is so many things to see and do, i would hate for it to be over so soon

So ill keep taking my time, maybe ill reach 40hrs before being champion (:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I see a lot of people complaining about how short this game was. How long did the others take you? I haven't noticed this one being much shorter than any other. Regardless have you completed the Dex? That is the point in all the games, the story has always been like a side point.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
  • Im about to battle the second gym and I've clocked just over 7 hours. Im trying to take my time with it.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • More than 22 hours of gameplay, and I'm still just going for the second gym =w= super training and Pokemon Amie can be ridiculously distracting
    //totes taking my time XD

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • 50 hours log in and I just finish catching Yveltal. I like to take my time exploring everything, when I get a new HM I backtrack to old places to search for hidden items and etc. Catch pokemon for the 'dex.

I really enjoy the story of Y, it was quite edgier than old pokemon game, mentioning about literally killing off Pokemon because they would cause the new world Team Flare is creating to be ruin by fighting.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    finish the game in around 12 hours :D the story was pretty short. Just doing all the post game stuff now: Mega Evolution stones, Legendaries etc

Years
  • i am about 16 hours into the game and i am going for the second badge.
    I am not in a hurry and try to take my time!I am enjoying the game..Catching all the pokemon and train them...

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    It took me about 40 hours to finish because I got distracted all the time by all the different things that you could do. Been too busy catching all the Pokémon that I can find!

Years
  • Are you finished with playing through the game's storyline? If you are, then how long did it take you to finish it, approximately? If you aren't, then how far are you into the game, and how long are you expecting it to take before you're able to have it fully completed?

As for myself, I've been able to finish the only yesterday. ^^ It's taken me about three days to complete it. I've defeated about five gym leaders on my first day, as I've played the game for more than six hours in total. On the second day, I've managed to beat the last three gyms and gotten myself up to the Elite Four. On the third, I've taken down the champion. After that, the game was pretty much over.

The game was a lot shorter than I had hoped, so I was quite disappointed about that. Would've been much better if it was a bit longer, and kept us busy for a few additional days. They do have some side-quests for you to do after the game, but they don't necessarily count, as they're not a part of the main story. d:

well the game doesn't necessarily feel short but it most likely does to you because you rushed through the game. Did you actually take the time to go and explore the cool places around Kalos rather than just ONLY focus on the main quest?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I was expecting myself to slowly roam the new game; But I end up finishing it in 3 days too...

And it seems I was just in a dream or something - It was quite fast considering how I thought I will take forever (Because of the wide gaps between the first 2 Gyms).

Back