• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Wait… it's over already?"

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    This game is short as hell i beat y in one day and i'm almost done with X.

I thought the game was pretty short, and I talked to everyone I met and went in every house. Well... except for Lumiose City. That place is so huge that I'm STILL finding places that I haven't been in yet. But I certainly love exploring it! Once I unlocked the entirety of the city, I spent an hour and a half just walking around, talking to everyone, and exploring every alleyway. They did such a great job on that city.

But yeah, I thought that I was taking my time. I was taking in the sights, catching every Pokemon I saw, I even went out of my way to beat every Trainer and I STILL finished it faster than the other installments in the series, which is saying a lot seeing as I knew nothing about the region's layout or the plot and basically went into this generation blind. I'm excited to go out and buy Y so I can go through that with the knowledge I gained playing through X so I can really gauge how well Gamefreak did this time around. Playing through a Pokemon game is like reading a book. You have to go through twice to really see and appreciate it.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Took 14:53 to defeat the elite 4 + champion ~

But there are still a lot of things to do after the champion ~

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • When I conquered the second badge I had 20 hours of game.
    I became champion after 57 hours.

This is normal as I trained most of the new pokémon, I didn't want to read anything from the internet but discover it myself.
    So of course most of the time was wasted in leveling my big "available" team, ditching some through the road but picking up others. At some times I had like 15 pokémon to chose from to battle :D

Years
  • Lol nope.... unlike everyone else, I have been exploring everything and only using EXP Share when I am behind. At the moment I am about 10 or 11 hours into the game and just now got the 3rd badge. At this rate it will take me a lot of time, not to mention I will have to train a lot for the E4.

People really should try not to use EXP Share. It makes the game more challenging and takes more time. I have actually been defeated by a random trainer (Hawlucha is a heck of a lot stronger than it appears) and the first two gym leaders. I did sweep the whole 3rd gym with Honedge though.

I took 10 hours to get to the 3rd gym as well..Unfortunately the game gets quicker after the 5th badge, no side quests and the team flare doesnt have much impact...i tried to play extremely slow but i ended up beating the game in 35 hours, pokemon were level 85 and only had 5 the elite four was extremely easy...

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I don't understand how some of you have 4-5 gym badges within 5 hours.. that's just absolutely crazy to me. I'm about twelve hours in and JUST scored my second gym badge- I guess that's about my normal pace? I've spent a good hour or so just in Wonder Trades, and another good forty-five minutes in Amie and Super Training each respectively.

I also spent about a solid hour and a half being lost... ^-^;

But yeah, I'd say with the new features such as WT'ing, Amie, Super Training, not to mention the way the meeting trainers over Wi-Fi thing works.. even if there isn't a whole lot of post-game content, there's certainly enough to keep you occupied.

Years
  • I've kind of been racing through, I've gotten Yveltal. I'm at about 24 hours, but I tend to leave my DS running while I get distracted by real life without closing the cover. I've not found the story to be all that engaging, however theoretically, the game is for kids. Honestly, what's interested me the most is the clothing, which is why I will probably keep playing for a while yet.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Have to agree that it was entirely too quick even without exp share, if you let me have a Garchamp, Slamence, Charizard, Lucario and give me the weakest elite 4 to date with a push over champion i'm going to blow through the game. And I did my best to capture every pokemon I could and explore every nook of the game.

Extremely disappointed with how short the game was

Maybe it was easy because you used too many OP as hell pokemon?

Back