• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I still love you.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • I'm really bad with being stuck on people, especially when I do everything I can to try to stay in that person's life all the time. We had broken up and then about 2 months later I dated her sister just so I could see her some more. That didn't really help things too much though. Now it's been about 2 years and I still have feelings for her. I don't think they'll ever go away and she definitely doesn't want to be my friend after I've spilled my heart out to her so many times and done her wrong.

Years
  • My ex has broken up with me twice, and after the second time, I just completely eliminated all contact from her period. She dumped me both times, and after the second time, I just said to myself, "♥♥♥♥ it, if she asks me out again, I'm gonna turn her down." I would have wanted to stay friends with her though if she didn't make the snottiest of comments on my Facebook posts every time I made them after we broke up the second time.

Years
  • From the spring of 2011 to the spring of 2012, I was in an on-and-off-again relationship with Mel.
    Mel...changed me a lot. He taught me a lot about relationships that I will never forget. He helped me realize what I will and will not tolerate from a boyfriend.
    He was there for me during what was arguably the roughest point of my life, and he cared.
    But..it literally was the roughest point. I had gained so much weight at that point in my life that I felt perpetually ugly ..and he cared about me despite that. He was there, sorta, when I got back from the hospital after being so sick.
    But, then I moved away.
    We decided it would be for the best to break up.

We talked most of the summer and the following fall, and I started to lose a lot of weight again.
    I moved back to town, and we started hanging out every so often..and it was fun, sorta..until he started being more about the physical and less about the emotional.

..I realize, now, that it probably wasn't the best of relationships, that he kind of used me, and even at one point..tried to have his way when I wasn't consenting..but I still won't deny that I have strong feelings in my heart for him.

I find myself thinking about him every so often, and worrying about him.
    But, I know it's for the best - he and I aren't really meant to be.
    Besides, he's engaged.

But....
    I still miss him. (Despite having been in a relationship for the past two years

...which, I realize sounds terrible.
    But, here's my thing: I think if you genuinely have feelings for someone, they never really go away. :<)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I didn't have feelings for my ex after what happened between us. I moreso felt dirty and felt for that reason, I couldn't move on; however, I found a man very similar to me in goals, interests and character less than three months afterwards, and we've been together since the end of July, 2014. Moving in together while I go to school in Ottawa, ON this coming June, 2014, too :)

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • I've only ever had one relationship, so only one ex. We dated for about 2 years in high school and were happy, but when time came to leave for college she passively dumped me by pulling the radio-silent act; didn't return calls/texts, blocked me on Facebook, etc. I had to find out through a mutual friend that she had found another boyfriend within a month of the first semester starting. Fast forward four years to this past summer, and she appears out of the blue to ask me out again. She even had the nerve to tell me that 'being with' other guys helped her realize I was the one for her all along, etc (noteworthy: we never got to that point in our relationship, which made me wonder why she thought that was a good thing to say). I turned her down and have no plans to see her again. If I do have any feelings toward her, they aren't good ones.

Honestly though, to this day she's the only girl I've dated. I tried asking a few girls out in college but only ever got turned down, and either no one's seemed interested in me or I've been too oblivious to notice. I guess I eventually lost heart and gave up on it. It really starts to take a toll on you after a while though.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I know a couple that still have feelings for me, and I know a couple that I still hold some feelings for. Though, I dunno if I'd date any of them again. There was a reason those relationships ended, or in some cases didn't even really get to start, and I've tried dating one of them a couple of times. It just never worked.

There's one that still has feelings for me, that I think I could reconnect with it, and I would like to date again, buuuut she lives all the way in California right now, so that's not an option any time soon.

Probably the one that hurt me the most, was one that happened a few years ago, but we wouldn't date again. They'd prefered my friend over me at the time, so I don't see what would change now.

King Kū

Outer-space is the limit
    Years
  • Nah.

I've never had passionate love, just romance. I've said in another thread; I don't get overly attached to anyone. That being said I recognize that once a relationship is over then it is over. My friends think I'm shallow in that respect, but the way I see it is that we hit a brick wall for a reason. Why reignite that reason?

Einstein described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Years
  • I believe feelings aren't ever truly lost, especially when there's a strong connection, and so I definitely still have some for my first girlfriend, but most of the ones after that were short, irrelevant relationships that had no meaning or potential.

Back