• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

**PLEASE READ** I'm not killing off Café!

Years
  • If you guys actually close the Chit Chat Cafe, I will haunt you both for the rest of your lives and it will not be pleasant. ^___^

I can't even trust you with this forum for like a year, now you're all talking about closing it down, look what you've done to the place >:(

something something April Fool's something something

Yukari

This April Fools day joke laughably bad... I mean If this was real why post it on April 1st? This is why I ♥♥♥♥ing hate this day.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • This seems like a really rash decision. I think the forum has been going in a really good direction since it split off from the debates forum however many months ago. Yeah, there have been some hiccups, but I don't think it's right to give up on it so quickly.

There are still a lot of things to try out before shutting it down. The forum still serves a very distinct purpose compared to every other forum on PC so if we lose it, trying to find a new place for every single kind of thread here will be a nightmare. Sure, we could just ban everything that doesn't really fit in another forum too but then we'd be missing out on so much discussion. That's not fair to the members and it's also not fair to the moderator here who does not (did not? ;_;) mod any other forums. In the past, the higher staff would always exhaust every single option when it came to getting rid of forums that actually had staff in them and it's really disheartening to see that didn't happen here.

The main reason for closing down the forum seems to be that it did not reach your "goals". Have you sat down to look at those goals and see if they are still valid goals now compared to when you set them? The forum may have deviated from them, but that does not necessarily mean that it is not a worthwhile forum on PC. Perhaps instead of trying to mold the forum into what you intended it to be from the start, you should let it evolve naturally and then take the forum for what it is. Instead of trying to make it a random chit-chat forum where people can say anything, which evidently is not working, maybe take a look at what it has become and see what you can do to make the forum match that. Let it breathe, let it be its own thing.

As we can see from just this thread alone, a lot of people are upset about the possibility of this forum not existing anymore, so it should still be around in some capacity. Maybe the answer is making it a subforum of another forum to give it some purpose. One idea would be to make Celebrations the main forum and add Chit Chat as a subforum of that, instead. So just switch them around. I don't think this is the best solution, but it is a decent solution that it seems none of you thought to try.

But honestly, I think almost everything about the forum's current set-up is fine—it's plenty active and successful as far as content goes, it's just the exterior "shell" of the forum, if you will, that needs work. Take a look at what everyone's always talking about, what they love and are interested in; read the posts to see what is an accurate representation of what this forum has BECOME, not necessarily what you want it to be. In short, all it needs is a more accurate name. I think if you simply changed the forum name to Cherrim Chat Café, pretty much every single problem would be solved.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I voted against this in HQ, but majority was for removal. I'm sorry I couldn't save your forum.

Years
  • This seems like a really rash decision. I think the forum has been going in a really good direction since it split off from the debates forum however many months ago. Yeah, there have been some hiccups, but I don't think it's right to give up on it so quickly.

There are still a lot of things to try out before shutting it down. The forum still serves a very distinct purpose compared to every other forum on PC so if we lose it, trying to find a new place for every single kind of thread here will be a nightmare. Sure, we could just ban everything that doesn't really fit in another forum too but then we'd be missing out on so much discussion. That's not fair to the members and it's also not fair to the moderator here who does not (did not? ;_;) mod any other forums. In the past, the higher staff would always exhaust every single option when it came to getting rid of forums that actually had staff in them and it's really disheartening to see that didn't happen here.

The main reason for closing down the forum seems to be that it did not reach your "goals". Have you sat down to look at those goals and see if they are still valid goals now compared to when you set them? The forum may have deviated from them, but that does not necessarily mean that it is not a worthwhile forum on PC. Perhaps instead of trying to mold the forum into what you intended it to be from the start, you should let it evolve naturally and then take the forum for what it is. Instead of trying to make it a random chit-chat forum where people can say anything, which evidently is not working, maybe take a look at what it has become and see what you can do to make the forum match that. Let it breathe, let it be its own thing.

As we can see from just this thread alone, a lot of people are upset about the possibility of this forum not existing anymore, so it should still be around in some capacity. Maybe the answer is making it a subforum of another forum to give it some purpose. One idea would be to make Celebrations the main forum and add Chit Chat as a subforum of that, instead. So just switch them around. I don't think this is the best solution, but it is a decent solution that it seems none of you thought to try.

But honestly, I think almost everything about the forum's current set-up is fine—it's plenty active and successful as far as content goes, it's just the exterior "shell" of the forum, if you will, that needs work. Take a look at what everyone's always talking about, what they love and are interested in; read the posts to see what is an accurate representation of what this forum has BECOME, not necessarily what you want it to be. In short, all it needs is a more accurate name. I think if you simply changed the forum name to Cherrim Chat Café, pretty much every single problem would be solved.

You have learnt well, mufufufufufufu

Yukari

!!!Really!?! This isn't an April Fools day joke!?! Why close the Chit-Chat Cafe? It's the second most popular forum!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • This going to be extremely rushed, because I have two research papers to start and finish for Thursday, with almost no time to them, so sorry in advance.

> "we on hstaff"
    > is a mod normally

ok then
    I can dream </3
    This April Fools day joke laughably bad... I mean If this was real why post it on April 1st? This is why I ♥♥♥♥ing hate this day.
    That was actually my fault. I was supposed to put this up on Saturday, so we'd have a week's notice, but I got sidetracked cause of work. I posted this thread up at 3 in the morning of April 1st, so I kind of didn't register what it might appear to look like. A little too late now to amend that, I suppose.
    This seems like a really rash decision. I think the forum has been going in a really good direction since it split off from the debates forum however many months ago. Yeah, there have been some hiccups, but I don't think it's right to give up on it so quickly.

First off, thank you for being the only one who took me seriously (my fault, I know). We've actually come up with a solid solution for what will happen to all the potential discussion that would disappear with CCC's absence. Well, aside from the aforementioned tidbits. The subforum idea COULD potentially work, I suppose. Surprised it wasn't mentioned before. I guess I can message RL and forward him that idea, it's a possibility. Although what we had planned seemed like a good idea, too (don't want to spoil it!).

As for changing CCC to ANOTHER name... well, what do you think would suit the section better?

Back