• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but only in UU/NU since you are walled by Heatran/Blissey in OU. Also, you don't need that much Speed. 136 is all you need to beat max Speed Electrode, the fastest thing in those tiers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Quick question here -

I recently noticed a new mode of play in Local Wireless battles for Heart Gold and Soul Silver: the Flat Battle, which reduces everybody's level to 50. BUT, if I've EV trained a Pokemon AFTER he's reached level 50 (or if I caught him after, etc.), does the Flat Battle reduce my Pokemon to what he was at level 50 (IE, not EV trained), or does it factor in all the stat changes he's had since then?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Body slam or return?

I have this zangoose Im training in XD from zook and it has a convenient adamant nature with the following current move set:

crush claw
    brick break (for rock and steel that crush claw cant hurt much)
    shadow ball (for ghosts that crush claw cant hit, and its luckily phisical in that generation for some reason.)
    and sword dance.

Should i remove crush claw for body slam or return? im not verry farmiliar with return though can someone explain how much damage it can reach?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I have this zangoose Im training in XD from zook and it has a convenient adamant nature with the following current move set:

crush claw
    brick break (for rock and steel that crush claw cant hurt much)
    shadow ball (for ghosts that crush claw cant hit, and its luckily phisical in that generation for some reason.)
    and sword dance.

Should i remove crush claw for body slam or return? im not verry farmiliar with return though can someone explain how much damage it can reach?

Return's base power increases the more happiness your Pokemon has, and at full happiness, it has more base power than Body Slam (I want to say 102 base power for some reason, idk, it's just higher XD). For Zangoose, it's fast enough, so use Return. Also, if this is for your XD game, that moveset is fine, but if you are going to use it in DPPt, use Close Combat>Brick Break and Shadow Claw>Shadow Ball.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
    Years
  • quick question. I'm EV training a Gloom to make the most of the evolve to Vileplume. IVs are pretty good, although the nature is relaxed which wouldn't be first choice:
    HP: 31,
    Atk: 12 - 15,
    Def: 27 - 30,
    Sp.Atk: 31,
    Sp.Def: 21 - 24
    Speed: 20 - 24

Already planning to max out Sp.Atk. I want it to be able to hang around in battle and harass, using Giga Drain to keep itself in. Is it more effective to max HP, or to boost the two defence stats?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

aragornbird said:
    How to EV a Pokemon defensively

If Pokemon's HP < Defense/Sp Defense, max out HP first
    Examples: Shuckle, Dusknoir, Bronzong

If Pokemon's HP > Defense/Sp Defense, max out Defense and/or Sp Defense first
    Examples: Blissey, Snorlax, Wobbuffet

If Pokemon's HP is equal or nearly equal to Defense/Sp Defense, max out HP first
    Example: Celebi, Jirachi, Nidoqueen

Vileplume's HP is lower than both its Defense and Special Defense, so HP should be maxed out.

Giga Drain sucks and should never be used ever. Energy Ball/Grass Knot are much better choices.

fridgetheman

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    Well, i'm trying to devise a strategy in which i mean look the opponent, encore a status move, baton pass to my togekiss, and trick him a choice item, thus, he is trapped in the game, allowing me to BP to my ninjask, triple SD and send +6ATK and +3DEF to my scizor, then pwning them. any suggestions on who to mean look and encore the opponent? smeargle is to weak to take a hit or two 2 encore at the right time. Any suggestions?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

That strategy is too convoluted and situational. First of all, what if your opponent doesn't even use status moves and goes for all out attack? Or they use a Sleep move and prevent you from Baton Passing. Or they predict Mean Look and Taunt you or Trick you their own Choice item? There are so many ways this strategy could go wrong.

You're better off setting up Dual Screens with Uxie/Bronzong/Cresslia, then switching to Gliscor to Rock Polish and Swords Dance while Taunting all status moves, then Baton Passing to Metagross for a sweep.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    I have a question I want to do a baton pass team and I am going to the passing boosts to cradily what would be a good moveset and nature?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Cradily @Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd

-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Seed Bomb
    -Recover

Hope you have Hippowdon/Tyranitar on your team. Sandstorm gives Cradily an automatic Sp. Defense boost.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years

Cradily @Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd

-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Seed Bomb
    -Recover

Hope you have Hippowdon/Tyranitar on your team. Sandstorm gives Cradily an automatic Sp. Defense boost.

You can also use a Special Cradily to trick you opponent.

Cradily (Life Orb)
    Modest
    252SpAtk, 252Spd, 6HP

AncientPower
    Grass Knot
    Earth Power
    Hidden Power Ice

Again, Sand Stream from Ttar/Hippo helps.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • If it is a team with 4 or more pokemon with Baton Pass, replace Cradily by a more offensive pokemon and have a pokemon with Ingrain.
    If it is only 1 Baton Pass, use the Physical set. It hits harder than the special set.

iKokoro

Yada Yada
    Years
  • Okay I'm having some trouble getting the IVs up on the pokemon I keep breeding over and over again. I have the correct stat I want to be 31, but everything else falls in on itself. Any tips on how to raise everything else? =/

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
    Years
  • Okay I'm having some trouble getting the IVs up on the pokemon I keep breeding over and over again. I have the correct stat I want to be 31, but everything else falls in on itself. Any tips on how to raise everything else? =/

You can try learning how to RNG or ask someone else to breed it for you.
    However, if you want to breed it yourself, you'll just have to keep breeding until you get two 31's, then use that to replace your current parent. You can also use power items, read a guide on serebii. There really is no easy way to doing it but having luck will help. ^_^
    Also, I'm not even sure if this is the right thread for this question.

Back