• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
  • Yes you can do this Check you have to edit the scripts im not sure which one i'll find the one you need to edit and edit and post if for ya

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    My hero is invisible, WHY?!

When I want to start the game (to test) it isn't leaping game.exe mistake. I must copy the game.ini file to the catalogue with the game and start the game. Still each time. Help.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • Er...
    Whenever I try to open the Starter Kit with RPGXP1.02a it gives me a message that the .dll is unloaded and then it closes it. Help?

Error Details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Game.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 40d19497
    Fault Module Name: RGSS102E.dll_unloaded
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 410c5a83
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 02ce3a70
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 450b
    Additional Information 2: 487ce75ec4ffd2ed23f84428dab84153
    Additional Information 3: 4a8a
    Additional Information 4: f7f6bf9a8012ecc9af9bad40106d7c8b

Years
  • Well, I just started testing out with the kit and all.
    Sadly I ran into an unknown error,it was an unkown error because I quickly pressed enter by accident and it close the error log or pop-up. The main problem is that after that the text in the game has been crumpled up together removing all spacing.
    For example:

Before Problem: Battle me now!

After Problem: Battlemenow!

I'm hoping someone could help me in any way,thank you.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • The text scrambling is because you are using the ingame Diamond and Pearl font. Use Firered or Emerald and it will be fixed.

On another note, the bug catching contest doesn't seem to work at all with the new essentials kit. Can someone post a fix or help with this error? It's rather annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    My hero is invisible, WHY?!

When I want to start the game (to test) it isn't leaping game.exe mistake. I must copy the game.ini file to the catalogue with the game and start the game. Still each time. Help.

ppl, help me. Why my hero is invisible?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    ppl, help me. Why my hero is invisible?
    Have you messed around with the Intro map? One line in the event in that map sets the player's graphic to boy or girl (depending on a choice the player makes). The player doesn't have a gender (and therefore, no assigned character sets) before that is set.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Okay, this is problem is really pissing me off now. Everything I do seems to not work, and everything points to that it should work. My problem is that the player does not pay attention to tile priorities, but the wierd thing is that he pays no attention to only some of these tiles Hence, I have screen shots:

And now for the examples that the player pays attention:

And the weird thing is, in the next map, the player pays attention to the priorities!

So, I'm stumped :(, nothing that I have done has fixed those tiles. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay, this is problem is really pissing me off now. Everything I do seems to not work, and everything points to that it should work. My problem is that the player does not pay attention to tile priorities, but the wierd thing is that he pays no attention to only some of these tiles Hence, I have screen shots:

And the weird thing is, in the next map, the player pays attention to the priorities!

So, I'm stumped :(, nothing that I have done has fixed those tiles. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    That red line is an interesting fact.

There's something wrong with that particular map. Create a new one and recreate the town from scratch. Don't just copy the map, because you'll probably copy the problem as well.

The new version of the map should work. I don't know what the actual problem is, per se, but I know it's just of that one map.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    How do I add new moves? Sorry if it's a noobish question but I just started making my game and I wanted to add some new attacks to my game.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I have a question. I'm using the latest release of Poccil's starter kit, and I can't seem to get BGS to work. Any suggestions?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    How do I add new moves? Sorry if it's a noobish question but I just started making my game and I wanted to add some new attacks to my game.
    This part of the notes should help.

If you're making a move with an effect that another move already has, just use its function code (i.e. a basic attack is 00, an attack that may cause confusion is 4C, etc.).

If you're making a new effect, look in the scripts at the section PokeBattle_MoveEffects, find an empty class (the class names correspond to the function codes - for starters, 0C, 0E and 0F are empty) and add in what you want to happen. Note that the probability of the effect happening (e.g. 10% of poisoning) is NOT put in here. The PokeBattle_MoveEffects are only called if there will be an added effect, i.e. the PokeBattle_MoveEffects classes only say how to poison, not when or how frequently.

Some effects, such as "greater chance of a critical hit" are handled elsewhere, not in PokeBattle_MoveEffects. I haven't looked to see where, but searching the battle scripts for "critical" should come up with something. However, the check to see if there's a greater chance of a critical hit still depends on the function code, so just use 2B for that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Some effects, such as "greater chance of a critical hit" are handled elsewhere, not in PokeBattle_MoveEffects. I haven't looked to see where, but searching the battle scripts for "critical" should come up with something. However, the check to see if there's a greater chance of a critical hit still depends on the function code, so just use 2B for that.

Since i tested some things yesterday, i can tell you, that critical hit chance for example is handled in PokeBatlle_Move (line 182)
    The method is called "pbIsCritical?"

Years
  • i love how your guy walks on the roof xD, anyway thats not y i came here, the reason i cam here is

first off the chat bar, y is it always over everything, like u go in a battle, and the chat bar is over your pokemon, so u can't c it's moves or whateva, and the batle looks weird 2 cause the opponents pokemon appears like half way down the screen, so does it's hp and so on,, onto next issue

having multiple regestered users, well some 1 plays the game saves it, some1 else regesters, starts a new game, then saves, and it over writes the original players save, how cna i fic it os that each registered user has his own save 2 load from after he logs in, or is it possiable 2 get rid of that whole save load thing and make it so the persons registered name is his player name and it automaticly logs him in from the spot he saved????????????????????

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Since i tested some things yesterday, i can tell you, that critical hit chance for example is handled in PokeBatlle_Move (line 182)
    The method is called "pbIsCritical?"
    Yeah, it's easy to find. The point is that even though the "increase critical hit ratio" effect isn't in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, you don't need to worry about it. Just use code 2B for it and it'll work fine.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I have a question. I'm using the latest release of Poccil's starter kit released on Dec. 27th, and I can't seem to get Background Sounds to work. Any suggestions?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Okay, this is problem is really pissing me off now. Everything I do seems to not work, and everything points to that it should work. My problem is that the player does not pay attention to tile priorities, but the wierd thing is that he pays no attention to only some of these tiles Hence, I have screen shots:

That's the EXACT Problem I had. This is a direct message from Poccil:

"As I've found out the problem occurs when the player is close to the edge of two connected maps. The game creates two copies of the player sprite, one for each map. Thus the effect occurs when one player sprite overlaps the other, thus creating the problem you mention. The following fix will reduce, though not completely eliminate, this effect. The code below assumes the latest version. In the script section Spriteset_Map, look for the code below:

Code:
        for sprite in @reflectedSprites

sprite.update

endAdd the following code after the code above:

Code:
        @[email protected] && (
          self.map==$game_map ||
          $game_player.x<=0||$game_player.y<=0||
          $game_player.x>=self.map.width||
          $game_player.y>=self.map.height)
    I hope this helps. "

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I changed the players starting location and went into the intro event and changed the transfer player event. Now the intro doesn't start so I don't choose my gender and am invisible.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I changed the players starting location and went into the intro event and changed the transfer player event. Now the intro doesn't start so I don't choose my gender and am invisible.
    Where's the starting position now? It should be in the Intro map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back