• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Can someone tell me why when I tried to import a background sound such as rain into the pokemon essentials and then tried to play it, it didn't work?

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Ok, so I downloaded the latest release of Pokemon Essentials and found that not only do the trainer intro ME's not play when encountering a trainer, but the Bug Catching Contest is completely broken. Can anyone else confirm this for me, and maybe post a fix or two? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Hey guys,

Happy new Year to all of you! =D

I love the starter-kit! Most problems i have i can resolve by myself. But theres one thing, i don't understand:
    in the pbmove.txt, the moves starts with the ID,NAME,DISPLAYNAME (i think so).

example: 1,MEGAKICK,MEGA KICK

I would expect that i only use "MEGAKICK" in other .txt files or scripts, as some kind of variable but in the game, when my Pokemon is using this attack, it should be displayed as "MEGA KICK", right?
    I changed the displayname of the move HEADBUTT (id,HEADBUTT,KOPFNUSS), but in the game it always is called "HEADBUTT".

Does anyone know for what the 2nd name is (id,MEGAKICK,MEGA KICK), if it's not the displayname? Or is it just a bug on my version?

Sorry for annoying you and also sorry for my bad english.

Thanking you in anticipation

btw, thanks for the great christmas present Luka! It's an awesome guide - easy to read - easy to understand! Thanks master! Also thanks to Alexandre, good job dude!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    It is the display name. Have you compiled the data after changing it?
    Also, some of the text in scripts (the HM use text, for example) doesn't use the display name of the attack. You'll have to search for and edit those manually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    It is the display name. Have you compiled the data after changing it?
    Also, some of the text in scripts (the HM use text, for example) doesn't use the display name of the attack. You'll have to search for and edit those manually.

Thank you for the quick answer.

Yeah, i already translated the scripts. Those texts are displayed translated.

And yes, i've compiled the data after changing it.

Maybe the german.data, which translated some things, is the reason for this.

But thanks for your help Wichu =)

Years
    hey guys,

i've a problem again. At a normal battle with the trainers on a route, first the intro-music is coming. When the battle starts, the intro-music continues, but normally the "Battle BGM" should start. The Battle BGM comes, when the intro music is over. I am sure, the trainer has a intro music and a battle bgm, but i can't find the problem. Can anyone help?

Update: If i leave a cave and go to the cave again, the cave-backgroundmusic are start from the last point when i had left. I think its thesame bug like the other.

my english sucks, so i post the message in german again:

Hey Leute,

Ich habe wieder ein Problem. Bei einem normalen Kampf mit einem Trainer in einer Route, kommt ja zuerst die Intro-Musik. Wenn der Kampf startet, dann läuft die Intro-Musik weiter, aber normalerweise sollte ja "Battle BGM" starten. Die Battle BGM (Kampfmusik) kommt erst, wenn die Intromusik vorbei ist. Ich bin mir sicher, dass der Trainer, sowohl eine Intro-Musik, als auch eine Kampfmusik hat, aber das Problem kann ich trotzdem nicht finden. Kann jemand helfen?

Update: Wenn ich eine Höhle verlasse und sie gleich danach wieder besuche, dann geht die Höhlen-Hintergrundmusik ab den Punkt weiter, als ich die Höhle verlassen habe. Ich denke, es ist derselbe Bug, wie der andere.

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    So I have run into a small issue and I was wondering if anyone knows the solution. I am trying to fix the kinks in my summary screen, I am down to the last page but I have run into an issue drawing the text of the move description.

I was wondering if anyone know how to change the distance between the lines of text using the drawtextEx string so that the text would line up correctly in the box.

PS. also if someone knows how to add the Pokemon's icon that'd be great! I have tried to mimic the stoarge system, and the selection menu, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks a lot!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    Welcome. I come around Polish and I have one question. I didn't read everything here because I don't know English, I am using the translator. For me somebody can pass the link to taking down Pokémon of the starter of tails to rpg maker xp? I want already to do the own game the Pokémon rather than everything to change secretly, from above thanks. Best I ask for some cords. THX FOR YOU HELP!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Oh God, it's happening again! My player walks over certain things! Now, it isn't everything, he walks over certain buildings, but not characters. It's strange!

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Oh God, it's happening again! My player walks over certain things! Now, it isn't everything, he walks over certain buildings, but not characters. It's strange!

Do you have the passabilities for your tilesets all set up in the database?

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Ummm.. you should set your characters to be the same level as the player... >_> Want me to use Teamviewer and help you?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I have a question relating not to the scripts, but to the Starter Kit itself. Is this compatible with RPG Maker VX? Because if I am going to resume game-making, I will be actually buying an RPG Maker game, and I'm not going to go for the lesser version without good reason, especially because I have Windows Vista and don't fancy mucking about with the Administrator permissions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    Welcome. I come around Polish and I have one question. I didn't read everything here because I don't know English, I am using the translator. For me somebody can pass the link to taking down Pokémon of the starter of tails to rpg maker xp? I want already to do the own game the Pokémon rather than everything to change secretly, from above thanks. Best I ask for some cords. THX FOR YOU HELP!

Please help:( I dont know where download it.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I have a question relating not to the scripts, but to the Starter Kit itself. Is this compatible with RPG Maker VX? Because if I am going to resume game-making, I will be actually buying an RPG Maker game, and I'm not going to go for the lesser version without good reason, especially because I have Windows Vista and don't fancy mucking about with the Administrator permissions.

Unfortunately, it is not. But, on I think it is HBGames? or some other RPGMaker forums, someone has been rewriting all of the code into VX.

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    This starter kit is really good i love it

Last edited:

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I've got this lots of problems with the newest version of the kit and i was wondering if anyone new the solution.
    Here are the bugs:
    1.In the intro the BMG keeps getting interupted by the constant sound of a person walking into the wall.
    2.After the intro an error appears. Here is a picture of it:

3.When you try
    to unzip it it says it cannot create a PBS and it also says access is
    denied.

If anybody knows the solution to these problems please reply.:classic:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back