• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals there aren't Pokémon of

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Another type of bird I would like to see is a Blue Jay. It could be a counter part of the cardinal which look similar, just different colors.

And obviously I would love another penguin line as I love penguins. Empoleon being my favorite starter. I would love to have a new penguin or line that was water/ice.

And maybe a Canada Wabler bird line that is an electric/flying type.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • And penguins (Delibird doesn't count)!

Piplup line?

Kangaroo. Probably a Ground/Fighting type.

Kangaskhan and Lucario don't count.

I've always seen Breloom as being a sort-of kangaroo. But I agree, kangaroos are cool so no harm in another one! Ground/Fighting could be cool.

Platypus. Not Psyduck. Water/Poison, likely.

Moose. Elephant (as in, actual massive hulking beast- not tiny l'il Donphan). A counterpart to Piloswine, y'know. Elephant seal. Toucan. Gazelle/Antelope. Anemone. Mantis shrimp. Tortura.

From mythos, a Chinese dragon would be cool.

Yes please on all of these! Particularly a moose and platypus.

I'd like a guinea pig and hamster pokemon. I adore those little guys, and I would totally catch one of those.
    omg yes a hamster/guinea pig would make an adorable regional rodent! Dedenne strikes me as sort-of-hamster-y though but there's always room for more :P

I know we have some owl pokemon, but I would love to have an ice type based on an owl.

Yeah I agree, Ice-type owls and a snow leopard are two that I would really like to see as well. I'm imagining a snow leopard with icicles for fangs :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    To be honest, I fear about some of the more popular animals fans want in, particularly true Wolves. Knowing Gamefreak, especially in Gen VI, they are likely to either ignore it entirely or twist it in a way that will make the fanbase not like it. Gamefreak is known for trolling the fans by taking in fan requests and turning them into something they don't want, like what they did with Pyroar and the Gen VI Starter trio (especially Fenniken's line). In the case of a possible true Wolf, it may get the Pyroar treatment - made intentionally bad to annoy the fanbase.
    For a long time, fans have been requesting Gamefreak to add in a Lion - Pyroar, who is generally considered to be poor all round, is what they gave them. The secondary Fighting/Dark/Psychic starter trio to complement the primary trio was another thing the fans have been wanting for a while - Gamefreak put it in to give x starter a harder time against the starter they were weak to as opposed to evening the score. Fenniken was by far the most well received of the starters when initially revealed - Gamefreak intentionally nerfed Delphox to tick off the fanbase.

Years
  • My attempt to list animals not already listed in thread.
    Also, I hope I didn't stupidly list an animal that already exists...

Flying Fox
    Llama/Alpaca
    Muskrat
    Griffin
    Saytr
    Centaur
    Chimera
    Lynx
    Wolverine
    Aardvark
    Shoebill
    Okapi
    Bush Baby/Marmoset

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • My list!!

Betta fish (fighting/water)
    Moose
    Llama
    Peackock
    More cow ^_^
    Dolphin (Lanturn is one of my favorite pokemon and no it is not a dolphin :] )
    Wolf (and maned wolf)
    Tiger
    Ring-tailed Lemure
    Aye-Aye
    Worm
    Okapi
    Antelope
    Orca Whale
    Fly
    Ostrich
    Mosquito
    Cheetah

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • A worm Pokémon would be cute! My sister and I made one up as a joke. Its name is Miniworm and to draw it is pretty much a black line.
    Betta Fish does seem to be the perfect opportunity to use Water/Fighting
    And even though Doduo is pretty much an ostrich, it's be nice to see one with just one head.
    Okapi seems like good idea for a Pokémon. A brown ungulate with zebra legs and a giraffe tongue?
    Flies are really common bugs, so I'm surprised that there isn't a bug type of a common fly.
    My list!!

Betta fish (fighting/water)
    Moose
    Llama
    Peackock
    More cow ^_^
    Dolphin (Lanturn is one of my favorite pokemon and no it is not a dolphin :] )
    Wolf (and maned wolf)
    Tiger
    Ring-tailed Lemure
    Aye-Aye
    Worm
    Okapi
    Antelope
    Orca Whale
    Fly
    Ostrich
    Mosquito
    Cheetah

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • A lot of people already mentioned ones I would have listed, so let me think of some others...

-Entelodont (prehistoric pig-like animal. Could make for a cool Fossil.)
    -Anole
    -Newt
    -Hawkmoth
    -Kite (Yes, there's a type of bird called a Kite. Look it up! XD)
    -Titanoboa (hope I spelled that right)
    -Red Winged Blackbird
    -Thylacine (Prehistoric dog-like animal that became extinct in the late 1920's)
    -Lionfish

Back