• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Do you consider Wonder Trade as cheating?

Posted this in another section but I was told it would be better here.

I grew up with R/B/Y G/S/C and my last games were D/P/Pl. Yesterday I purchased Alpha Sapphire and it has blown my mind how much more advanced it is. One thing I've had particular fun with is Wonder Trade. Now I've only just got my first badge from Rustboro, and through Wonder Trade I've been extremely fortunate! My first two were Archen and Deino, which I now realise are fossil pokemon which I thought was pretty cool to get for free. Then a Lv. 15 Magikarp which knows Tackle, so I can train to Gyarados pretty easily. Following this were two Totodile's and a Bulbasaur, which again I thought was great considering they're starters from other Generations. Now a Lv 50 Gengar!

My question is, does anyone consider it somewhat cheating to use Pokemon obtained through Wonder Trade? I've only used Deino so far as he was Lv 1 and I've seen it has extremely high LV Evolutions so I'm going to use it through my game to make that easier later on. Do rare pokemon usually come through Wonder Trade?

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Posted this in another section but I was told it would be better here.

I grew up with R/B/Y G/S/C and my last games were D/P/Pl. Yesterday I purchased Alpha Sapphire and it has blown my mind how much more advanced it is. One thing I've had particular fun with is Wonder Trade. Now I've only just got my first badge from Rustboro, and through Wonder Trade I've been extremely fortunate! My first two were Archen and Deino, which I now realise are fossil pokemon which I thought was pretty cool to get for free. Then a Lv. 15 Magikarp which knows Tackle, so I can train to Gyarados pretty easily. Following this were two Totodile's and a Bulbasaur, which again I thought was great considering they're starters from other Generations. Now a Lv 50 Gengar!

My question is, does anyone consider it somewhat cheating to use Pokemon obtained through Wonder Trade? I've only used Deino so far as he was Lv 1 and I've seen it has extremely high LV Evolutions so I'm going to use it through my game to make that easier later on. Do rare pokemon usually come through Wonder Trade?
    You've been rather lucky in getting rare Pokémon :) . I don't really consider Wonder Trade cheating, especially because there is a level cap on traded Pokémon meaning they won't obey you anymore until you get a new badge. Though that cap is much more annoying in X and Y because of the large gap between the first and second gym and in ORAS the level required to complete the game comfortably isn't that high. Also there are a lot of (well-known) youtubers that organise Wonder Trade days (livestreams on twitch) and they usually garner a lot of attention and if you manage to catch one and participate, most people get 2 or 3 shinies or battle-ready Pokémon for approx. every 30 pokémon traded.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I've been off here for so long, but since recently getting a new 2ds and AS i have been going WT crazy. I received a LV100 shiny Thundurus in therian forme, Celebi, Phione, a shiny perfect 6IV shiny Tauros and a Regigigas as well as numerous 2-4IV breedjects and other WT regulars. So you can hit lucky on it, sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2015
    Well now ladies and gents, I haven't fully parsed through all these pages, but I believe I can aid in some wondertrade advice. First let me say through wonder trade i get at least 3-4 shiny and/or legends a week. The real trick to the trade here is timing; or in other words, Wondertrade Wednsday! This amazing fan held event takes place every wed and many people trade not only 5 iv breedjects and comp uts but lvl 100 comps, shiny breed pokemon, older shiny pokemon (no hexagon) and legendary pokemon. Now is a great time, I just got a shiny lvl 100 Jumpluff as well many useful breeders and have been WT for about an hour. I suggest trading at least 4 or 5 iv breedjects for WTW though, but I like to through in my unused comps and shinys as well. Just try not to do to much useless pokemon as to encourage the good health of WTW.

I would also like to share my thoughts on wonder trade etiquette. Mainly because I have seen quite a lot of people complaining about garbage WT mons and yet are the first to put them right back in WT. This is my WT rule; As you play through the game it is acceptable to wondertrade bad pokemon to get a better or more preferred team for yourself. Once you have beaten the game and are breeding comp pokemon, you have no reason to send those same garbage pokemon through WT. So instead you do your normal breedject WT sessions, but instead of just cyclying back in bad pokemon you recieve instead simply release them. It is not only faster but the courteous thing to do, specially if you yourself traded off zigzagoons and wurmples back when you were starting your journey.

I hope this helps some of you get some more awesome wonder trade suprises!

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
    Years
  • Oh my god I just received a shiny latios for a level 47 karrablast

69ngpe.jpg

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • A lv.3 Fletchling?! YOU SERIOUS?!

Wonder Trade is a feature that was introduced in X and Y. It is a much easier way to trade, all you have to do is select the pokemon you want to trade and boom! It randomly pairs you up with someone else using the feature. The problem is, you don't know what Pokemon you will get. So, what do you think of Wonder Trades? Do you use it that much? What was your reaction the first time you used it? xD

I think they aren't bad, you can get good trades and...well, troll the other guy using it...

I don't really use it that much, because in my opinion, normal trading is better, even if it takes more time :x I remember finally catching a Mawile in a cave in x and y (forgot the name). I think they were rare, and then i used Wonder trade for the first time. I didn't have many good Pokemons, so I just chose Mawile. So, what did I get in return? A LV.3 FLETCHLING THAT CAN EASILY BE FOUND IN THE GAME! Who knows if that guy beat the game, and has the Mawilite. That means he got a Mega Mawile for free >:( That guy trolled me and I was so mad at the time I turned off my 3DS right after that.

Years
  • Online trading is always the worst when you get given something that can easily be caught on a normal route. It shows just how useless some can be when it comes to knowing what people want and don't want, or even worse the value of a certain Pokemon.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • The best I've gotten was a flurry of starters. I wish I could find a shiny. My friend was over and wondertraded to get a LEVEL 51 SHINY POLITOED. IN MY HOME. HOW DARE SHE. jk

I like to WT Egg Move Feebas with Pokerus and occasionally a berry. OT is Al in case you ever got one.

EDIT: JUST GOT AN OBVIOUSLY HACKED SHAYMIN NEED TO KNOW IF THIS WILL KILL MY GAME

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lol, i will be unloading alot of dragon pokemon into wonder trade most likely monday ranging from 3 to 5 perf iv's. So far got 40 put aside for some fun with it.

Dratinis will be male only unless requested ahead time.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I just decided to do some WTing and got myself a Hoopa in the process.

Years
  • Just the other day I got a level 100 shiny 6iv Altaria with pokerus. I was stunned for a good minute. I usually get nothing interesting through wonder trade.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Everything on Wonder Trade os luck based. :) I got myself a few decent to perfect IV Pokémon! ^_^

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have had a few good ones

- Squirtle with Pokerus on only my second wonder trade.
    -Torchic with hidden ability speed boost.
    - 2 hidden ability Froakies.
    - Nincada with a Lucky Egg. Very useful as I was right at the start of the game.
    - Female Fennekin
    - A Garchomp.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have had a few good ones

- Squirtle with Pokerus on only my second wonder trade.
    -Torchic with hidden ability speed boost.
    - 2 hidden ability Froakies.
    - Nincada with a Lucky Egg. Very useful as I was right at the start of the game.
    - Female Fennekin
    - A Garchomp.
    Wow whoever those traders, they are generous and kind for sure!

Years
  • I have received numerous starters, dialga, shiny sylveon, lv 100 shiny Barbacle, lv 100, shint crawdaunt, Laltias, Zekrom, and a few other pokemon with hidden abilities,

Back