• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's Rewrite History: Remove a Unova Pokemon From Existence!

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
  • My choice would be pretty unorthodox I think... but either Escavalier or Accelgor. Neither really appealed to me much in the games, and they're a pain in the butt when battling and even casually in-game for the silliest reasons. I never really liked them, were the least appealing design-wise of the bugs and the method of obtaining them was annoying as heck (having to trade a Karrablast for a Shelmet, but what if you had no friends able..? grr). ;_;

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Gen 5 isn't my favourite Gen, but I appreciated exploring Unova and almost all of its Pokémon. But, there are a few that I really don't like, and I can't just pick one ;-; Here's the list : Durant, Heatmor, Vullaby and Mandibuzz, Bouffalant, Druddigan, Stunfisk, Foongus and Amoonguss.
    Durant and Heatmor because they are pretty forgettable, and I don't like them ...
    Vullaby and Mandibuzz because they are based in those birds that freak me out.
    Bouffalant because .... I don't know, I just don't like it ....
    Druddigan because that's a wannabe dragon. Pretty forgettable as well.
    Stunkfisk because it's weird, and that cry is really strange, but from all of these Pokémon, this is the one I hate less ( I don't hate any, I just don't find them appealing)
    Foongus and Amoonguss because I don't like their design (especially Amoonguss's) and because they are wannabe voltorbs ... I really hate picking a Pokéball on the ground and - ooooh! It's a foongus -.-

But if I could only choose one, it has to be Durant ....

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Alomomola or Basculin or Heatmor tbh cause theyre just so not useful i guess :3

I mean if i had to pick one itd be Almomola because lets be honest it has some terrible stats and everyone expected a lovedisc evolution from it xD

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • I'd remove Landorus. I see it as one of the most egregious, overcentralizing power creep offenders. Not salty towards people who use it, I'm salty about progressive power creep since gen 4 and Landorus is one of the crown jewels of that. Pick your unbalanced poison: either Sheer Force + LO + STAB Earth Power w/ a perfect base 101 speed to outrun the populated base 100 speed tier (you don't give a single shit about Garchomp either unless it runs something dumb like Mega + Draco Meteor LMAO), or Intimidate w/ 89/90/80 defenses, Stealth Rock access or excellent spread move access for VGCs, and Knock Off spam w/ 145 base attack ensuring you hit hard with little Atk investment. Both variants come with a very respectable list of resistances and immunity to Ground.

Would love to get rid of the other genies too, but would pick Landorus if I had to choose just one.

Last edited:

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    I'd get rid of stunfisk just cuz it was probably the most random edition in the game lmao... and I don't think its that good personally and it has one of the dumbest designs I've seen so far

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gen 5 isn't my favourite Gen, but I appreciated exploring Unova and almost all of its Pok?mon. But, there are a few that I really don't like, and I can't just pick one ;-; Here's the list : Durant, Heatmor, Vullaby and Mandibuzz, Bouffalant, Druddigan, Stunfisk, Foongus and Amoonguss.
    Durant and Heatmor because they are pretty forgettable, and I don't like them ...
    Vullaby and Mandibuzz because they are based in those birds that freak me out.
    Bouffalant because .... I don't know, I just don't like it ....
    Druddigan because that's a wannabe dragon. Pretty forgettable as well.
    Stunkfisk because it's weird, and that cry is really strange, but from all of these Pok?mon, this is the one I hate less ( I don't hate any, I just don't find them appealing)
    Foongus and Amoonguss because I don't like their design (especially Amoonguss's) and because they are wannabe voltorbs ... I really hate picking a Pok?ball on the ground and - ooooh! It's a foongus -.-

But if I could only choose one, it has to be Durant ....
    Sounds like you wanna remove almost all of the region :c

My choice would be pretty unorthodox I think... but either Escavalier or Accelgor. Neither really appealed to me much in the games, and they're a pain in the butt when battling and even casually in-game for the silliest reasons. I never really liked them, were the least appealing design-wise of the bugs and the method of obtaining them was annoying as heck (having to trade a Karrablast for a Shelmet, but what if you had no friends able..? grr). ;_;

I agree. The evolution thing sucked but I guess it encouraged people to buy both games... WHICH IS WHAT THEY WANTED.

I would probably remove the Trubbish line. I really do not like the concept of battling other people with literal trash or catching literal trash or anything of the sort. The whole concept is just gross to me. :/
    But it's pixel trash. The cutest and most dangerous of all c:

I'd remove Landorus. I see it as one of the most egregious, overcentralizing power creep offenders. Not salty towards people who use it, I'm salty about progressive power creep since gen 4 and Landorus is one of the crown jewels of that. Pick your unbalanced poison: either Sheer Force + LO + STAB Earth Power w/ a perfect base 101 speed to outrun the populated base 100 speed tier (you don't give a single **** about Garchomp either unless it runs something dumb like Mega + Draco Meteor LMAO), or Intimidate w/ 89/90/80 defenses, Stealth Rock access or excellent spread move access for VGCs, and Knock Off spam w/ 145 base attack ensuring you hit hard with little Atk investment. Both variants come with a very respectable list of resistances and immunity to Ground.

Would love to get rid of the other genies too, but would pick Landorus if I had to choose just one.

But if you remove it... Pok?mon Shuffle loses one of the best Pok?mon ever :(
    I'd get rid of stunfisk just cuz it was probably the most random edition in the game lmao... and I don't think its that good personally and it has one of the dumbest designs I've seen so far

Stunfisk is like king of Unova though. It's p cool because it's random as lol.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I'd probably remove Gothitelle because I just despise it.

Yes. That thing scares me.

I would get rid of Trubbish and Garbodar. It's literally trash (pun intended). And it is really one of the most poorly designed Pokemon in existence.

Let's Rewrite History: Remove a Unova Pokemon From Existence!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Get a grip, guys. Garbodor's there to balance typings. If any Pokémon had to go, it should be the Patrat and Pidove lines. Sure, they're the regional rodents and birds, but out of all of them, they're probably the least interesting (next to Johto's).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Get a grip, guys. Garbodor's there to balance typings. If any Pokémon had to go, it should be the Patrat and Pidove lines. Sure, they're the regional rodents and birds, but out of all of them, they're probably the least interesting (next to Johto's).

Good point, Ghost.

... but if you removed them you sound get an influx of Pidgey and Rattata instead. I think these guys look a little better and might make you a little less mad to see!

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Am I the only one who thought Druddigon was cool?...

Anyway, I'd probably remove Emolga since of how annoying it was in the gym battle. And it's a flying Pikachu clone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I would remove Maractus. It's completely unnecessary & we already had a cactus Pokemon (Cacnea/Cacturne) so it was quite pointless to have another one.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Good point, Ghost.

... but if you removed them you sound get an influx of Pidgey and Rattata instead. I think these guys look a little better and might make you a little less mad to see!
    Or they could've made Minccino the regional rodent, and Ducklett the regional bird. Or Rufflet and Vullaby as the regional birds, so that we can have a second generation with two regional birds (first gen being Pidgey and Spearow in Gen 1).

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Well, Pokemon that don't evolve are probably going to be the go-to options here, and I'd hate to pick one as well, but... Alomomola. I mean, it has a cool name (palindromes!) and I don't dislike its design or anything, but come on, why does it not evolve from Luvdisc? I know, I know, Unova's dex is the estranged cousin who cut all ties with the family, but then just, don't add it to the dex. At all. It just doesn't sit well with me, wasting a perfectly good opportunity like that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well, Pokemon that don't evolve are probably going to be the go-to options here, and I'd hate to pick one as well, but... Alomomola. I mean, it has a cool name (palindromes!) and I don't dislike its design or anything, but come on, why does it not evolve from Luvdisc? I know, I know, Unova's dex is the estranged cousin who cut all ties with the family, but then just, don't add it to the dex. At all. It just doesn't sit well with me, wasting a perfectly good opportunity like that.
    God yeah I was going to bring up Alomomola too. I'm just. So irritated that both it and Luvdisc are on their own and terrible while they could have been a solid evo line... man.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    This. So much this. This so hard.
    Also Basculin and Sawk/Throh are irrelevant to me.
    Also I hate Audino.
    Audino seems okay .
    Sawk/Throh seems irrelevant to me too but still they do something right ?
    Basculin is like magikarp of Gen 5 .
    smh .
    #Veto

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    (or at least give it a handkerchief to wipe of that snot -_-).

Pika Pika :chu:
    this was something I always hated about Cubchoo too

given the name it kinda makes sense but it's not cute and it's just kinda disgusting really

it's like that one kid on Outset Island in Wind Waker with the huge snot drip, who the fuck thought that was a good idea

Back