• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Batman vs Superman

Years
I felt the need to make this thread following the huge hype arounbnd the movie and the trailer just being out and the fact... well IT'S BATMAN VS SUPERMAN!
It's gonna be so great, DC have finally nailed all the characters, and the TRAILER is awesome! I also noticed a Riddler reference which may be a possible setup for a solo Batman movie. Tell me what you think of the movie and how good the DC Shared Movie Multiverse is going to get!

Years
I was pretty wary at first, but the more I see and hear about it the more convinced I am. I thought some of the dialogue from Batman in the trailer was a little cheesy, but the opening dialogue and quotes about superman sold it for me, the bits on how someone like him (Superman) challenges every notion humanity has about its place in the universe and its purpose and whatnot. So at the very least, it's there thematically speaking.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just saw the trailer. I'm unfamiliar with the comic plot so... Does this Batman come to be because he wants to oppose the false god? Or does he just decide to become Batman again after having not been for a while? Is it "the same" Batman as in the Nolan trilogy despite the actor change, or do they have about as much in common as Spiderman and the Amazing Spiderman?

So many questions, so little brain.

pkmin3033

That trailer gave off a very Red Son vibe to me...mostly due to the almost antagonistic light they portrayed Superman in. It was a good trailer, but somehow I doubt the movie will be quite as dark and unexpected. I'm expecting a very standard "two heroes misunderstand one another and fight because reasons" sort of plot from this, which I suppose is quite cynical, but...eh, I have yet to see a non-animated, serious DC movie that I've actually enjoyed. I've always thought DC heroes/villains are better confined to television series than movies, and nothing I've seen has indicated that my viewpoint might change anytime soon.

This has got a ways to go before I start looking forward to it. Still, it's very early days for the DC cinematic universe yet, and Marvel has had its fair share of bad movies so, even if this isn't particularly good, it's not the end of the world for things as a whole. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Years
I liked the trailer. At least we know Batman is already established so we don't have to suffer yet another origin story.

This is what it has to live up to though
MV5BMTgwOTU0MDUwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYyMTYxMQ@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169590/ xD

Years
What, so it does follow on Nolan's trilogy?

I was under the impression that Snyder's DCCU was completely separate from Nolan's.

The trailer was pretty good, at least we know that the issue of Superman's being handled really well, and Batfleck seems to be awesome atm. Still wary about WW, Aquaman and Luthor, though.

Years
It's basically going to be Batman coming back after stopping for a while, to take down Superman.
Also, this has no continuation to the Dark Knight trilogy.
The movie will be just as dark as the trailer showed, espescially considering it is in the same universe as Suicide Squad. I mean, have you seen the new Joker? The official image has just been released on Twitter and it looks absolutely crazy. Like seriously.

Years
It's basically going to be Batman coming back after stopping for a while, to take down Superman.
Also, this has no continuation to the Dark Knight trilogy.
The movie will be just as dark as the trailer showed, espescially considering it is in the same universe as Suicide Squad. I mean, have you seen the new Joker? The official image has just been released on Twitter and it looks absolutely crazy. Like seriously.

Am really not liking the new Jokers look. Also why are they bringing in the Suicide squad so quickly without letting the members be regular villains first?

pkmin3033

The new Joker looks...different. I didn't care for Ledger's take on the character though, so I'm willing to give Leto's version a chance. Honestly, no live action Joker is going to top Hamill's animated version, so I'm kinda indifferent to it...the Suicide Squad film sounds about as appealing as the Sinister Six one that was/is in the pipeline.

Aquaman looks much better than any of this. I quite like Jason Momoa, and he definitely looks the part of a serious take on the character. Although when I think of Aquaman, I think of his Rousing Song of Heroism, and I can't see Jason Momoa singing that...unfortunately.

I'm wondering how Wonder Woman is going to factor into this film, though. There is a comic book storyline that covers their first meeting, but I can't see this film following that storyline, so I'm wondering how they'll squeeze her into the plot. I'm also wondering if at any point she'll actually look like Wonder Woman and not as Xena...

Years
It's true, nobody will ever top the animated Joker. I think the reason why their not letting the suicide squad members be regular villains first, is that it's been done so many times. They want to get the villains together first, then they may fire a attack on batman in the new solo movie.

pkmin3033

More like if they introduced each member of the Suicide Squad as a movie villain before bringing them all together they wouldn't be making the movie for another decade or so...it took Marvel four years to get to Avengers, and the cast for Suicide Squad looks a lot bigger. I'll sing DC's praises for not wasting time with origin stories that have been done to death, though. At least we're not seeing a standalone Batman origin film before this; if nothing else, they should dive right into the plot.

I wonder what this DC movieverse is going to lead to, though. Marvel has Thanos, so perhaps DC will lead up to Darkseid? It's not as though they have many cosmic-level threats to choose from, and they're bound to have one common thing to tie all the movies together. I wonder if we'll see any hints of that in this movie, which is essentially their debut film, since most people will have forgotten about Man of Steel by now. xD

Years
I really wish that they would try and stay closer to the comic book/animated series even video game format of characters rather than totally remaking them.

Especially villains I really hope the never DC villains don't end up being totally different like the villains were in Amazing Spiderman 2 (I know its Marvel but its a good example), I mean why was Electro Blue and without his iconic Green/yellow costume and why was Rhino a man in a mech suit???

Years
I know, I can't wait. I LITERALLY CAN'T. I think they may put Darkseid as the main villain, though Doomsday would be interesting as well. Also, DC have many cosmic level threats, to list a few:
Parallax, Darkseid, Doomsday, Braniac and Trigon. And there are loads of others, those are just the well known ones.

pkmin3033

Of those, I'd only be willing to bet on Trigon or Darkseid appearing as central antagonists across the entire franchise...the others are more hero-specific characters. But then, DC might not run with the "we need a cosmic threat to draw everything together" angle...I guess it depends on the success of their movies and how much they've written. I know Marvel have more or less got everything planned out, but given the shortage of news about the DC Cinematic Universe in general, it's hard to say what they'll do. I guess the uncertainty makes it exciting on some levels. xD

I'd also contest Brainiac's and Doomsday's status as cosmic-level threats, but...that's another topic.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Jared Leto's version of the Joker in terms of looks is just embarrassing. It's embarrassing for Leto and certainly for the team who created the look. He looks like what Joker might have used as a Myspace profile pic in 2006, or someone you'd see on a Google image search parodying Insane Clown Posse enthusiasts. It's just so poorly constructed that I can't help but think that the designers googled 'edgy' and 'Joker trademarks' and then asked Avenged Sevenfold what they thought. I think my favourite part of this atrocious design is the Damaged tattoo running across his forehead. It's really the cherry on top of an awful, awful dessert.

Years
<set value = cosmiclevelthreat> Superman <cosmiclevelthreat>
Doomsday killed superman therefore, it is a cosmic level threat.
Also, I agree with the joker design, I SERIOUSLY HOPE THEY CHANGE IT A BIT.

Back