• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
  • Im currently drawing Custom Trainer sprites and translating my project to my local language ~^^~
    Here is one of them xD xD:
    11753683_109779849366271_1796260972466203839_n_by_magickid1234-d91j5e3.png

What do you guys think?

Personally I think the trainer sprite is better than the profile sprite. The shading doesn't look consistent on the latter.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
    Years
  • Still working on my remake of Firered, Pokémon Infernal Red.

Mapping the S.S. Anne was crazy. There were over 25 maps involved, each of which I had to connect to other maps through transfer events. Pls send help ;-;

That being said, I'm close to releasing a playable demo, so hopefully bug spotting won't be too hard...

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Working on my Advanced Mapping Tutorial
    Been wanting to work on this for a while, but things have kept me from doing so. Just starting to flesh it out and break down some concepts to cover. It will take a different approach than my Mapping Tutorial for Beginners, in that it will be formatted to build maps from the inside out - rather than the outside in. This will also focus on a larger mapping area, where my Mapping Tutorial for Beginners was aimed at mapping in a much smaller space.

n845kGG.png

scotchkorean27

Programmer/Pastry Enthusiast
    Years
  • I've always been annoyed at how bad the AI is in Pokemon games, and while it was improved in the newer versions of essentials it still didn't satisfy me. I've been working on coding a better AI in the last couple of weeks and while there is still a lot of work to do, I am happy with the progress I have made. I actually uploaded a youtube video of a test battle I had with it, but I can't link it here because I don't have enough posts to post the link.

Oh neato! I've also been working on an AI for pokemon. Although I think I have a slightly different approach than you. I'm doing a tree-search style algorithm using nodes generated by a predictive forward model type algorithm. It's a computational nightmare, but it allows my AI to predict a few turns ahead. I've been building it around making it compatible with Pokemon Showdown so I can test it easier (and get some good training in if I ever do an evolutionary algorithm), which...has been a bit of a nightmare. I've had to build my forward model from scratch, and it's taking weeks. T_T
    I'd be really interesting in seeing yours in action though!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Working on a Pokemon visual novel, something that I don't think really exists at all.

I feel like the medium has been growing in popularity lately so I think it's going to be an interesting project. Steady progress each day, in a mix of writing everything myself, compiling all the assets, coding, audio mixing, working with artists to design characters, original backgrounds, etc.

Less than six weeks into the project and there's about two hours of story content implemented (if you decide to replay using alternate character choices). Single route should be around half an hour at this point, and this is just the prologue. I'm estimating 20-30 hours based on my outlines for a single playthrough when it's all said and done, but who knows.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2016
    My first project
    Working on a Pokemon RPg, But proving to be much difficult than i thought,
    Need a senpai xD

Mr_Esquire

Creator of the Total Eclipse
    Years
  • I'm currently working on an rpg maker XP project currently titled "pokemon-Total Eclipse". More specifically, putting some fine touches on a few things, getting encounters set up, including a holiday event, and making sure I have permission from people who made resources I grabbed and made some recolors to(Probably not as necessary, but it's good to make sure). Still putting them in credits if I don't get a reply, still plan on replacing with original content as progress goes on, will remove early if a definite "no" is given.
    I do plan on taking a different route with the story line a little bit so it will probably be a bit more hit-or-miss with some people. I plan on releasing a demo in a week or two and would love comments and constructive criticism on it.

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Working on GSC-style sprites of Mega Evolutions for Chromatic. It's an interesting job since most weren't designed with the color limits of the original games in mind. Some of 'em are proving pretty difficult(Looking at you, Mega Venusaur!)

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
  • Finally finished the last bits of code for a new ability that the player (and some AI) can use in battle. Next on the to-do list is design and development of all the maps the game will use... going to have to do some research on recommended map sizes. I remember that being a design flaw in my first attempt.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    I am starting my Pokemon fangame and I'm learning RMXP and Essentials.

Meanwhile I'm drawing the region map, a really mountany region with no borders to the sea in DPPt style.

Years
  • I actually just got into building pokemon game. Currently just testing all the moves and figuring out which ones I want to change in terms of its damage, accuracy, and some battle effects. My main goal is to be able to develop my own version of a pokemon game for a lets play and to share with people.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • I'm making mugshots, mugshots and nothing but mugshots... I'm sick, but I'm sure it will give a different feel to my game.

Last edited:

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
    Years
  • I'm making mugshots, mugshots and nothing but mugshots... I'm sick, but I'm sure it will give a different feel to my game.

Yeah, if you want a unique game one of the most important thing is unique character graphics, but at the same time they tend to be pretty time taking. I'm working on a throwing sprite for one of the rivals in my game. Luckily this is the last one I'll have to do, at least for a while.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Currently making sprites of some Pokemon I came up with, designing a region map and starting on the soundtrack. Next up I have to actually make the battle system functional.

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • Right now I'm finishing mapping my region (the Kronos region). I just have to do the post game areas, underwater, in the sky and the interior. I kinda running out of stuff to do at the moment because I put out a form for forum members to post ideas for thing like the Gym Leaders, mainly the gym typing, which I am waiting to get a good number of responses to move forward to avoid have to go back a considerable amount to test to make sure the new Gyms are beatable.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • For the most part I've been working on the music for my game lately. For anyone who hasn't really tried to do so before, I highly recommend playing around with Famitracker or Anvil Studio since they have the merits of being free and(in my opinion; your mileage may vary) relatively easy to use, especially if you have even elementary experience with reading sheet music.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Currently sorting out a Pokedex & Fakemon for my region.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    For the most part I've been working on the music for my game lately. For anyone who hasn't really tried to do so before, I highly recommend playing around with Famitracker or Anvil Studio since they have the merits of being free and(in my opinion; your mileage may vary) relatively easy to use, especially if you have even elementary experience with reading sheet music.

Deflemask is another good choice because it emulates the actual Game Boy sound chips.

Back