• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Magma's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
PokéCommunity Mafia
Team Magma's Revenge

counter.gif

Important Links

Introduction
Mafia is a game based on the feud between the informed minority (the mafia) versus the uninformed majority (the town). In other words the game is divided into two teams: the Mafia and the Town. The mafia knows who all is a part of the mafia team and can congregate privately amongst themselves (the QuickTopic link will only be given out to members of the mafia). On the other hand, the townspeople have no idea who is who and must base their actions off of instinct and evidence. To make up for the lack of knowledge, the townspeople outnumber the mafia.
The game is divided into reoccurring phases of day and night. Day is a time for everyone to chat and decide who is to be eliminated by lynching. Day can last up to 48 hours; it all depends on how long it takes for Majority Lynch to be reached. When a player is lynched their role and alignment will be revealed to the public. Night is a time for people with action roles. In other words mafia can send in their kills and certain players can use their special abilities. Night can last for up to 24 hours; the length of night depends on how long it takes for all actions to be sent in. The objective for town or "the townies" is to kill off all of the mafia members before they kill the town. The Mafia's objective is the inverse, to match or outnumber the members of the town.

Side Notes
Spoiler:

Players
The player cap is set at 13 players and can be adjusted for a smaller playing size. You may also ask to be a replacement; Keep in mind if you are a replacement you cannot be an observer and vice-versa.
1. Sonata - Mafioso
2. MorallyIncorrect Trainer (Killed N1)
3. Sphealo Trainer (Killed N5)
4. Varys the Galvantula Trainer (Lynched D6)
5. El Héroe Oscuro Jailer (Lynched D5)
6. Nakuzami Trainer (Killed N4)
7. Klippy - Trainer
8. H.A.N Trainer (Killed N7)
9. Sinon Trainer (Killed N2)
10. Reisen - Mafia Roleblocker
11. Maccrash Detective (Lynched D7)
12. Thoughts - Godfather
13. Hibikaze - Vigilante

Players Alive 5/13
Mafia 3/3

Observers/Replacements
Spoiler:

Rules
• All discussion about the game must be kept within this thread and the designated chat threads (if you were assigned one).
• Links to chat threads are not to be shared with anyone. If you were meant to receive a chat thread you would have been pm'd a link.
• Game-changing information is not to be shared with anyone.
• You may not share/screenshot any PM's from the host unless approved by the host first.
NO EDITING YOUR POST FOR ANY REASON. If you must edit anything just post again with your edit.
• During the night phase you may not post on this thread.
• If you have been deemed dead please DO NOT post on this thread until the end of the game.
• If you have a question feel free to vm or pm me about it. If the question is in regards to your role it's recommended you pm me.

Roles
This is a list of all possible roles. Some roles may be used multiple times and some roles may not be used at all. At the beginning of the game roles will be randomly assigned along with details.
the Mafia
Mafia KP= 1. Meaning the mafia can kill one person a night.

Maxie (Godfather) – You are the leader of team Magma or in other words, the Godfather. When inspected you will show up as a town-aligned Trainer. You may send in a kill for your mafia team during the night.
Tabitha (Mafia Roleblocker) – You are a devoted minion of team Magma. Every night you have the ability to send in the name of one person you wish to roleblock. That person's ability for that night will not go through. You may send in a kill for your mafia team during the night.
Team Magma Grunt (Mafioso) – You're nothing more than a mere follower of Maxie. You are aligned with the Mafia but the only power you have is your vote. At night you may also send in a kill for your mafia team.

the Town

Professor Birch (Detective) – You suspect members of team Magma to be hiding amongst your followers. Every night you can choose one person to investigate. The next day you will receive a report with their alignment. Note: If you have been roleblocked you will not receive a report the next day.
Nurse Joy (Doctor) – You are Nurse Joy, friend of the Pokémon and the people. Every night you can choose one person to protect from outside forces.
Lisia (Vigilante) – You are the fabulous Contest Star Lisia by day and Lisia the badass vigilante by night. You can choose to kill one person with your stunning looks per night.
Old Lady (Jailer) – You're the old lady who lives on Route 111. Once every night you can choose to have one person stay over at your house. That person will not only be protected from the dangers outside but also not be able to use their special ability at night.
Trainer (Vanilla Townie) – You're a wee Pokémon trainer who hasn't journeyed too far outside of Littleroot. The only power you have is the power of your vote.

About Voting
• All voting will be done on this thread.
• This game uses Plurality Lynch meaning that the player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.
• Missing 2 Lynches in a row results in you being killed off/replaced.
• Only votes posted on the correct thread in the correct manner will be counted. (VOTE// Username)
• If majority verdict is not reached by the deadline no one will be killed.
• You may vote for yourself, others who are alive in the game or opt for no one. If you opt for no one you still are required to vote. EX: VOTE// No Lynch

phew, that was something to type up.. so who's in?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I love mafia, I'm in.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
Thank you. Yes. I am in.
No, thank you haha.

I love mafia, I'm in.
Thanks for joining, you've both been added to the player list.

UPDATE: If needed, I can downsize the game for less players. I was hoping to get this started in a day or two but at this rate it seems unrealistic so maybe I'll send out role pms in a few days. I've noticed there are a couple views on this thread so if you have some questions/would like to hear more about the game feel free to ask away, I don't bite unless your name is food.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
Sweet! Almost half way to a full game!
Also thank you for sticking this!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I'd like to join too. I love this game. I've played it a lot both in real life and via e-mail, only the mafia were werewolves instead.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
I'd like to join too. I love this game. I've played it a lot both in real life and via e-mail, only the mafia were werewolves instead.
e-mail huh? that actually sounds pretty interesting through e-mail, i imagine it makes things easy for the host haha.

I'll join. :)
woohoo, thanks for joining you've been added to the list!
super ecstatic, there are three more spots until role pms are sent out. tell all of tus amigos!

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
I'm in. This'll be fun. :D

yay, glad to have you! alrighty there are two spots left and i'm extremely eager to send out roles asap. at this point i'm ready to start the game but i want to fill up the slots to give everyone a full game experience, the games only get bigger from here.

i've also decided this game will be a night start, it seems to give a discussion when day rolls around instead of having nothing to chat about on a day start game.

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
Years
Sounds cool, Im in.

Note: Idk about other people, but i think id prefer it if days were a set length. This way, it's more predictable and obvious when it is day and when it is night. Also, It's common to have the game start at Night 0 where no killing happens but stuff like inspecting still happens.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
FUCK I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS???? I'm in!
hell yeah, welcome aboard!

Sounds cool, Im in.

Note: Idk about other people, but i think id prefer it if days were a set length. This way, it's more predictable and obvious when it is day and when it is night. Also, It's common to have the game start at Night 0 where no killing happens but stuff like inspecting still happens.

i was actually contemplating that, i've been back and forth for the past few days about it. i was just worried that if i did full length i'd lose interest because of the amount of time it takes. where i played forum mafia all of the games were day start, but it didn't make any sense because there was nothing to discuss. i'm not exactly sure how I feel about the nk for night 0.. i would like to give everyone something to discuss but at the same time i wouldn't want someone to be deprived of their mafia experience.

role will be sent out tomorrow @ 6/7 EST; i'll just have everyone confirm to make sure everyone is still in. if anything is changed about the set-up I will make sure to notify everyone before the game starts tomorrow.

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
Years
The biggest thing is, how much would it suck if you got randomly destroyed night 0 before even starting the game haha. The inspecting makes it so there's still something to talk about the next day. Up to your discretion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back