• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Wait… it's over already?"

Years
  • I'm 20 hours into the game and only have six badges. It took me about 10-12 hours to get my second badge but that was mostly because the first and second gyms were really spread out as far as time and distance goes. I'll probably beat the game by tomorrow. :) Though I'd like to take my time and go slowly since there's so much to do and it's so fun!

Naoto

Detective Kouhai
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I got my game on release day and I've only finished it today, clocking in 50 hours (I practically played this game almost non-stop since I got it haha )

But to be honest I spent a good chunk of that time on pokemon amie and super training , and exploring Kalos as well~ ( tho I was expecting to take much longer to finish it, oops ;; )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm 24 hours into the game and I have seven badges. I'm going around catching Pokemon I haven't caught yet among other things right now though so I'd imagine that I will at least make it past the 30hr mark before defeating the storyline. Or more. It just depends. I'm trying to make this game last but like every other game I have tried to make last I'm failing haha oh well I guess?? Been doing more Pokemon-amie and such so that is likely going to allow me to take more time with the game hee.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I took my time and I have to say I was quite pleased with the pacing. I beat champion at just over 35 hours of play time, which astonishingly is probably the longest campaign in a Pokémon game I've had up to the course of the champion. I found myself at over 10 hours of playtime before I'd even reached the second gym. I'll admit most of my playtime was well spent training rigorously. My whole team was Lv. 70+ by the time I'd reached the elite four, and completely breezed through them and the champion.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    It took me about 34 hours to beat. But I didn't do any exploring, pokemon hunting, or side/mini games except training my core team (Delphox, Lucario, Raichu, Blastoise).

I am now 51 hours in the game now. ATM I'm trying to farm enough money for clothes. Once that's done, I plan on finishing exploring, and then the battle chateau and mansion. Between rounds, I'm gonna work on my PR, and spoil the crap out of my newly bred pokemon while trying to breed shinies :)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • On Saturday I played for about 11 hours and got through the third gym. That was still a bit fast for my taste because I like to try to take my time with the game...talk to everyone, explore every nook, catch lots of Pokemon...right now I'm sitting at 20 hours and 5 badges.

My fiance, on the other hand, flew through his game. I think he's beaten it at around 18 hours.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I just got to victory road at about 23 hours, but I rushed through a lot of it. I'm planning on starting the game over later today, and could see taking double that time on my next play through

Years
  • Put it this way, I rushed Pokémon Black and completed it in 17 hours.

Now I'm taking my time and 39 and a half ours in, I have five badges.
    There's enough to do to "kill time" and still make progress in a way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    I am at 10 hours through the games at 7 badges so far. I should be getting my 8th pretty soon. Should beat the Elite Four sometime tonight after work. :D

bassnerd

The Electric Bassist
    Years
  • As of right now I have around 11.5 hours logged. I am about to challenge Korrina, but before then I want to level up my Pokemon since my whole team is around 30 right now, and I definitely do not want to lose. I haven't lost a single battle since I first started the game - not about to now!
    So that being said, I'm taking it slow. I also find myself running a lot of the side 'quests', such as taking care of the berry farm, and enjoying all the small details and easter eggs. ^^ Great game, it really does feel short though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I see a lot of people complaining about how short this game was. How long did the others take you? I haven't noticed this one being much shorter than any other. Regardless have you completed the Dex? That is the point in all the games, the story has always been like a side point.

True.. It did seem extremely short to me, finished in 3 days (and I rarely ever finish games), but I had the (Canadian) thanksgiving so I got to marathon it for an entire long weekend. I've never done that with any Pokemon game before, I usually only get an hour or two a day to play them on my commute.

So the game isn't that short I guess, but it certainly seems like there is a lot less content than there was in BW2... I'm betting Z and/or the Hoenn remakes will have a LOT more content.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Woah, really? How are people finished the main story within 6 hours? I've been playing for 20 and I still only have 3 badges. I'm actually taking my time to catch and train my Pokémon, as well as do as many side-quests and exploring as possible. Not to mention lots of fun with Wonder Trading. I haven't even spent much time in Pokémon Amie or Super Training either. I think you're ruining the experience if you rush through a new Pokémon game to see the ending; as it's about the journey, not the end. Especially with Pokémon.

I feel it's a bit of a waste to rush through just to see the story. It's much more fun to stop and sniff the flowers along the way, and if you're worried about post-game, there's a lot of new features alone just to play with.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Woah, really? How are people finished the main story within 6 hours? I've been playing for 20 and I still only have 3 badges. I'm actually taking my time to catch and train my Pokémon, as well as do as many side-quests and exploring as possible. Not to mention lots of fun with Wonder Trading. I haven't even spent much time in Pokémon Amie or Super Training either. I think you're ruining the experience if you rush through a new Pokémon game to see the ending; as it's about the journey, not the end. Especially with Pokémon.

I feel it's a bit of a waste to rush through just to see the story. It's much more fun to stop and sniff the flowers along the way, and if you're worried about post-game, there's a lot of new features alone just to play with.

I realized I can't do that - I keep rushing off even though I tell myself to take things slow.

Now that I am done though, I should be going through the whole region slowly to catch Pokemons.

Toast1229

Explorer Scholar Gentleman
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    I'm a good 4-ish hours into the game, got the 4th gym badge. Poke amie is SOOOOO distracting and fun!

TheMightyShore

Skarmory 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2020
    I beat it too. It really did feel like a breeze. I only lost to a trainer once the entire way through. Needless to say my character was loaded with cash by the end. With so few new Pokemon to catch and a three month wait til bank comes out... i am not sure what to do.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I beat it yesterday, but I wasn't rushing. I beat it with around 56-58 hours put in, despite getting it day one. I do feel the main story was a bit on the short side, but it didn't feel rushed, so I can't say I have complaints on the length. The post-game quests, while also short, were nice enough that they made up for the shortness of the story.

Amaai

The Sky Pillars
    Years
  • I'm at the elite four, But haven't challenge them yet. I may try to hunt for shinies and fossil pokemon to trade.

Years
  • I'm @ 24 hrs. and 20 minutes as of this post. I'm in the early parts of victory road. I am going to say this is by far one of my top favorite pokemon games of all time, I have Y, but plan on getting pokemon x. If you ask me I think the 1st 2 generations has the shortest storylines.

Back