• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Twilight is to death as literature is to the illiterate.

*curls up into the fetal position and begins to shake*

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Oh gosh, people. Gary Stus!!!!!!

I thought I had no one to show you, but from what *Aurincha* tells us I do probably have.

Aurincha said:
    The hero is a 9-year old girl called Liisa, which is essentially the Finnish equivalent of Mary. Her family owns a stable full of horses and she has an annoying little brother called Pekka (the Finnish equivalent of John). One day, a foal is born. Naturally, Liisa's father gives the foal to her. Liisa names her Omena (Apple).

After a week or so, Liisa gets mad at her parents for being terrbily unfair to her. She runs away from home, taking her trusted companion with her.

After years of wandering around, Liisa accidentally finds a boarding school for people with horses. She is, naturally, taken in immediately and she also makes friends with her roommate, Saara, right away. Saara obviously also has a horse.

Saara's horse gets into trouble. Liisa's parents come to the school to save the horse. After all this, Liisa goes happily home to her family - who are not angry at all - with her beloved horse.

Thanks for reminding me, Aurincha. Darius's life was kind of that. And since it's kind of long (as everything I write) it's spoilered but not spoilerish: feel free to read.

Spoiler:

----

Gary Stu or Marty Stu? Hmm? Hmm?
    I prefer Gary Stu, if only in this particular fandom, because if f*ing m*er Y'know Who.
    Otherwise, Marty Stu sounds great. It kinda sounds more sueish that Gary Stu.
    I had never heard of Marty Sue, Gary Sue, or whatever another combination.

Anybody read twilight FF? I am ADDICTED! I read it constantly. One of my favorites is Poughkeepsie. Beautiful story.
    I just can't stress enough how much Feign's BigNo makes my heart and my intestines ache. Twilight canon is crap- FF should, by Sturgeon's Law, get only good enough to pass for baby poop, or go from horse manure to only worse.

*pulls a sheet and an IV, covers Feign and feeds him saline solution*

Dragonfree's Gary Stu
    Incredible, just... incredible. I oughta read that story! (I've only read the side stories and they're incredibly good)

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • Surprisingly, with all the hype about twilight, I still haven't found the time to read it. Oh well. XD
    Don't worry, Mizan, I haven't read Twilight either. I have watched the movie though and that was bad enough.

*Shudders*

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    At work we had the movie playing without sound, and I already found it to be horrible (everything from sparkling to the constant stare at each other scenes).

Not to mention that the author admitted this to being her sex fantasy.

*takes the saline and feigns becoming comatose*

My favourite part was when Stephen King even said it was crap.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Dagzar said:
    Don't worry, Mizan, I haven't read Twilight either. I have watched the movie though and that was bad enough.

*Shudders*

Feign said:
    At work we had the movie playing without sound, and I already found it to be horrible (everything from sparkling to the constant stare at each other scenes).

Not to mention that the author admitted this to being her sex fantasy.

*takes the saline and feigns becoming comatose*

My favourite part was when Stephen King even said it was crap.

Then I guess I'm lucky that I didn't take the time to read the book. :D

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • TWILIGHTNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dammit, you've set me off too! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And Dragonfree, I remember Alan. That was about as far as I got through TQftL, iirc. I really must go back and read it from the beginning.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Anybody read twilight FF? I am ADDICTED! I read it constantly. One of my favorites is Poughkeepsie. Beautiful story.

My profile on FF is Christian Sage of you care. I have started two FF, although they are temporarily not updating.
    Don't let those silly sheep who think it is good to hate on something they don't know anything about get you down. I personally like Twilight, though I have only read the first book.

Twilight canon is crap- FF should, by Sturgeon's Law, get only good enough to pass for baby poop, or go from horse manure to only worse.
    That's just silly as well. I'm sure that there are Twilight fics out there that are pretty darn good.

And besides, did you really just tell someone who made their first post on their forums that their fics are "horse manure or worse" without even reading the fics? That's just horrible, and you're claiming that ChristianSage is a bad writer just because she writes Twilight fanfiction. Put yourself in her shoes. How do you feel when some other fanfiction writer looks at you and says "You write about Pokemon? Your fanfics are the worst stories ever and you should quit writing!", and that person hasn't read a single Pokemon fanfic?

I also find it highly amusing that those who hate Twilight go on about more often than those who like it. I only mention it when relevant. The haters take every opportunity, related or not, to complain that it's so awfuuuuuuuuuuulll and baaaaaaaaaaaaad, without even giving thought to other people's feelings.

Forgot to add: Dragonfree, that is an amazing post.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Guys, although I'm not a fan of Twilight myself, you have to remember that we're on a pokémon forum. And most of us are probably seventeen or over, with a few exceptions. We're not exactly in a tenable position to judge here. Much as I would love to bash the Smirnoff out of the subject...we should probably refrain from doing it in front of a fan (except Astinus, because she can take it).

Clandestine calamities intervene upon the severity of the penance of apparitions dehumanized by diminutive partitions, thus derived from chastity, the soul is unassailable.

Secret bad events supersede the importance of the repentance of ghosts made inhuman by small laws, thus derived from purity, the soul is untouchable.

Sounds like wtf.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Potential calamity gains greater proximity while indomitably annihilating multiple instances of futile resistance.

^Translation: We're all screwed.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • It could be worse. It could be so much worse that you would die. But you won't die, because then it would be worse, and it can't get much worse than being dead, and therefore it couldn't get worse, but it can get worse, so you can't die, because then it couldn't get worse when it needs to be able to get worse, which is right now, and therefore the universe might possibly explode. Which would, in fact, be worse than you dying. Therefore, you could technically die and still have a possible worse event forth-looming, but that would in effect defeat the inconsistency that would lead to the ruin of the universe, and therefore it couldn't, in fact, get worse.

EDIT: Although it can.

Last edited:

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
  • Huh? What're we screwed by? Nuclear weapons? Planet-devouring giants? Daleks? Cybermen?
    I actually think that the third option fits, myself.

EDIT: So this is a paradox... The Toclafane, then!

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I also find it highly amusing that those who hate Twilight go on about more often than those who like it. I only mention it when relevant. The haters take every opportunity, related or not, to complain that it's so awfuuuuuuuuuuulll and baaaaaaaaaaaaad, without even giving thought to other people's feelings.

Also, if I understand correctly, many of the haters haven't even read the books. I am guilty of this myself, although I'm also ashamed of it. Years ago, I used to complain about Naruto and its fans because the anime was so hoooooorrible. Then, I watched three episodes of it... To this day, I am eagerly both watching and reading the series whenever I get the chance.

You should always get aquintanced with the thing you're hating... Of course, friendly mocking is a different thing. Anyway, I have a strong intention of reading at least one of the Twilight books, even though I'm pretty sure they aren't my cup of tea. I'm not that big on vampires, really. But, by now, Twilight is a phenomenon big enough to be a part of general literature knowledge. Like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings! They both have plenty of haters, too.

On another note, I am very tempted to bash Twilight, too. I don't really even know why...

And, yeah, this might not be the place to do the bashing anyway.

Maailmanloppu saattaa tulla päivänä minä hyvänsä, ottaen huomioon sen tosiseikan että jokaisen ihmisen henkilökohtainen maailmanloppu on hänen oma kuolemansa, joka siis on yleisen maailman kannalta täysin relevantti seikka.

^ Translation: Neenie-neenie, I speak a language that none of you understand! (Also, the feeling you get when you're looking at that statement is roughly the same I get when I look at yours. I should probably go and practice some vocabulary...)

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • I am acquainted with Twilight. I read the book, so I can safely say that I have a negative opinion of it. I will not hate you for liking Twilight. I will, however, curl up in a corner and scream whenever you remind me of it. Oh, and this.

VAMPIRES COMBUST IN SUNLIGHT! THEY DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, SPARKLE! *sobs*

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I am acquainted with Twilight. I read the book, so I can safely say that I have a negative opinion of it. I will not hate you for liking Twilight. I will, however, curl up in a corner and scream whenever you remind me of it. Oh, and this.

VAMPIRES COMBUST IN SUNLIGHT! THEY DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, SPARKLE! *sobs*

Oh. Then you have the official license to have a negative option about it, I agree. I just know a lot of people who, much like me, haven't read any of the books but still hate it passionately. I should read - or at least try - soon, so I can also have a real opinion about it.

And, I agree. Vampires should combust in sunlight. It's the cost of being immortal! Things like that don't come free, damn it! You can't just take the good parts and leave all the bad stuff away! Then again, of course the writer can do whatever she pleases. We just don't have to accept it! HAHAHAHAHA!

Aaaaaand this made me think of a wonderful new question!

Let's say that a fic features Ash, but he is completely, totally out of character (or has an altered backstory ets.) - even to the point that he can't really be recognized as Ash anymore. Can the author really say their fic features Ash or should it be called an original character instead?

Boy, that question was phrased awkwardly! Feel free to rephrase it, my ability to write English is still a bit lost...

Bay

Years
  • Eh, I don't care if anyone likes or hates Twilight. True, I might still be a bit iffy about it from what I heard and I'm also guilty of bashing it a couple of times even though I haven't read the book yet. However, I still plan to read it one day to read it myself before I form a honest opinion about it.

And urgh, I have this one friend who showed me a video of his friend reviewing the Twlight book. I watched it, but I didn't think it was funny because I already heard the same bashing a thousand times. When I told my friend that, he literally asks, "Why you didn't think it's the best thing ever? Everyone else has." -_- Not sure if my friend even read the stories himself.

Let's say that a fic features Ash, but he is completely, totally out of character (or has an altered backstory ets.) - even to the point that he can't really be recognized as Ash anymore. Can the author really say their fic features Ash or should it be called an original character instead?
    I would say original character instead. When doing a canon character, you have to keep true to their personality. However, you can also always develop their character if you know what you're doing.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • *rephrases*

Ash?
    No, I'd say not. The whole point of using a canon character is that you use them as is or not at all. Screwing around with them means you may as well use an OC. For example, I read a fic that claimed to feature Ash. It involved [agelimit]those mature enough not to die while reading
    Spoiler:
    [/agelimit]

So no. Man, that BBCode was a mess.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Let's say that a fic features Ash, but he is completely, totally out of character (or has an altered backstory ets.) - even to the point that he can't really be recognized as Ash anymore. Can the author really say their fic features Ash or should it be called an original character instead?
    With slight deviations from the character, particularly well-explained ones (eg. Ash when he's 30), then yes, I would say it does feature Ash. But totally out of character? No.

Years
  • Lol, wrong place to bring up Twilight. XD
    Anyway, if you do care for reading the actual books, you can find them on Wattpad. A TON of them are removed, message me if you want the number/info.

I do think the series is a little off the mark, but if you take it for what it is without comparing or commenting, and let yourself actually READ it, its pretty cool. I personally don't like pokemon tv shows or anime or FF or anything else but the games, but that's just me. Im not going to compare it to poo, lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back