• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker: Are you using it?

Are you using Pokewalker?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Nope.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No, but I'm planning to!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • Does it still work with the current gen, yeh I have mine still, it has a scratched screen and I don't use it

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Since summer '13 I've racked up 4 million steps and over 200 rare candies so... Yeah I use mine a bit.

And @ warsmith, yes, you will lose all your watts, steps, and routes when you start a new game. If there's a route you don't want to lose access to, you can keep a pokemon in the walker, start a new game without retrieving the pokemon, and then use only the "receive gift" function instead of "return from stroll".

I already have a Xatu that I've permanently assigned to Sinnoh Field for gathering rare candies :]

Thankyou for the information. I'll have to figure out how to keep Yellow Forest. Why does GameFreak do this? The events drive me nuts. Catch them all huh? Yeah right. . . now Yellow Forest will be lost to time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lol this is hilarious because I recently was going through my games and found my pokewalkers and I was like "omfg these things." So needless to say, no I haven't been using them... I actually forgot they existed.

I ended up losing my precious Aerodactyl to the Pokewalker because I forgot I had one on it and I restarted my game............ oh well

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    I never had one. I bought Soul Silver secondhand to get it less expensive. I'm also waiting before I but Alpha Sapphire for the same reason.

Years
  • I did for about a few months after I got the game. I lost it, though, and when it was found, I didn't use it and still don't, so I'm going to answer "no" on the poll.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Yup it is awesome. I have been so busy lately at the Skills Development Center that I don't have time to use it. I think it is a great way to encourage kids and gamers to get of their butt and exercise.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I missed out in HGSS hype, but last week I ordered a SoulsSilver from Amazon that included a Pokewalkr, like 70 bucks. The Pokewalker came in last week with the box and everything, but the game wasn't there.... The dude apologized and sent the game over saying it was forgotten so it's probably going to be in tomorrow but I've already played with the Gastly on there a couple times. XD
    Going to retrieve those items and Pokemon and send them over to Diamond before I restart it though. At least Gastly, it grew on me. ^_^U

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I just started using my Pokewalker again. I needed a pedometer for a competition I'm doing at work, and the Pokewalker is the most accurate pedometer I own. It's also the reason why I have both HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I could have two Pokewalkers.

I recall I was able to get a whole lot of steps in before the battery died. Course when the battery died, I lost a Magneton.
    That's a weird thing to hear. I had to replace the battery in my Pokewalker after not using it for months, and it kept all my information and my Hoothoot safe.

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • Got myself a brand spanking new 3V battery! Now all I have to do is restart the game and Poison my way to victory! I might do a Lyra run this time through and retire Gold.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I used it for about a month after the games came out. Unfortunately my teacher took it from me in the middle of class because he thought for some reason it might be a distraction and then he lost it in his desk. He ended up buying me a new one which was really nice of him because I had told him to just forget about it, but I didn't use it after that. It's still sitting in the packaging that he got it in in my room.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I've never gotten the chance to use the Pokewalker as I've never bought physical copies of HGSS, but instead played them on emulators. I would like to use them though. Looks like a nifty way of levelling up your Pokemon while not actually training them, collecting items in the process.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was actually intrigued to see how PokéWalker would work when they had first announced it, and after getting a copy of SoulSilver, I gave the device a shot as soon as I was able.

It was nifty, in a way, as this had given us chance to level-up our Pokémon and whatnot while carrying PokéWalker in our pocket, if I'm not mistaken, but sadly, like almost everyone else on here, I eventually wound up losing interest.

When I'd first tried, I believe I transferred a Zubat. It got raised by around ten level, but unfortunately, I never got around to having the Pokémon taken back. It's still in there somewhere, if I'm not wrong. Though, I can't seem to turn the device on any longer; I might have to replace batteries for it work again.

Years
  • I used it quite a bit when HG/SS first came out and I was conveniently still in school at the time, but I never used it again after I graduated and now it doesn't work anymore. Probably just needs a new battery, though.

Years
  • I used it for at least a year after the games came out. At one point I used to carry two around with me after I bought Heart Gold as well. The amount of Cyndaquil I levelled to lvl 100 using those things......

Years
  • I hardly used it myself.. but my friend did volunteer to take it off my hands and get steps for me during work. :D She brought it with her for two or so years and I ended up accumulating soooo many steps from that.. except it took her several more years to even return it and by then I'd already played HG/SS to death. Oh woe is me.

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • I recently started using it again. It's been four years since I said hello to that Pikachu. I'm rearing up to restart the games, as I feel I've completed all I can complete, and creating a new story and going through the games again will freshen my memory. Here's to walking.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2015
    Of course. It's the only way I know to get a Pikachu with surf or fly. And it's an excuse to finaly move your *** from the couch xD.

Reactions: Tek
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Unfortunately, no! My fiance was going to bring his from when he was a kid when he moved down here but sadly it got put through the washing machine before it made it here. *crai* I never got the chance to mess with it. Seems like they're nearly impossible to find nowadays. T-T

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I actually have been using it up until a few months ago, when the poor thing finally died. I had a lot of fun with it, though, and I always brought it with me when I planned on walking long distances.

Back