• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker: Are you using it?

Are you using Pokewalker?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Nope.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No, but I'm planning to!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Pokewalker was introduced in the fourth generation. It's a device that served as a pedometer, but also had a lot of really cool functions. You could have your Pokemon get experience just by walking, but you could also get various items and Pokemon just as well.

So, did you use it, are you maybe still using it?

As for myself, I am finishing my first SS run, and havent used it YET. I am however planning to use it. My current plan is to get a Pokemon, probably shiny from Platinum, trade it to SS and carry it with me in Pokewalker but I have yet to see.
    I was thinking about getting a Shiny Eevee, evolve it into Umbreon and carry it with me for sometime and then transfer it to the latest generation. It would be a tribute to my cat that recently got loss which I miss quite a bit.
    After that, I'll just carry some cool Pokemon for fun :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Nope, I never had one in the first place as my games were downloaded onto an R4. I remember it being really popular at school during the initial release of HGSS though! If you ask me, I love how it not only encourages exercise but also rewards the player with items and experience. I'm also a fan of being able to take your pokemon with you, even if its not the exact same thing as the anime or games. Overall, it was a really cool addition and one that I'd of love to have if given the chance. :]

Years
  • Sadly I didn't use it, but that's mainly because I found it a hassle to get started and the battery died since then.

Years
  • Had used it. Battery died and its replacement has never been a concern. By the way, I actually removed the dead battery just in case of issue.

Got a Surf Pikachu from Yellow Forest. Naive with HP Ice of some power. I'm fine with that

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    The PokéWalker was sooo amazing that it's been a sole reason for me restarting my SoulSilver game once in a while. I love fitness to begin with, so for Pokémon to develop its own pedometer so that I can play little mini-games and carry my favorite Pokémon around with me? Ugh, it was heaven. Sadly the battery has died twice on me already now, and I haven't been bothered to replace it because of the new Pokémon games I've been playing.

I really wouldn't mind replacing the battery whenever I decide to restart SoulSilver or if I miraculously get a good deal on HeartGold.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • omg the mere mention of the Pokewalker's name makes me sad. I washed my darn thing back in 11th grade on accident :( Then I tried to fix it but it never worked again. I wanted to buy a replacement so bad when it first happened but I got over it. I used to wear it to school, even though people would pick on me, and it was the coolest thing to me.
    I heard somewhere that the Pokewalker is one of the most accurate pedometers.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I used it for about a week and then lost interest and then actually lost it. I've only just recently found it while cleaning my room, but I don't plan on using it...ever haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used it a lot in the beginning when it was new. I liked it a lot. I used it on my runs. I eventually lost it and never found it. If I do, I may use it again because I still play HGSS a lot. Idk.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    I used it when it first came out, but ended up giving it to my dad who walks the dog every day to get the maximum perks :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • lost them lol
    but I did use them before when it first came out haha mostly when I biked or hung out I kept it in my pocket it was kinda fun :)

a lot of pokemon you couldn't find were in the pokewalker so bonus!

Years
  • I don't have my PokéWalker anymore, and even when I did it was never something I properly understood. But if I still had it, it would at least be a decent pedometer (although nowadays I have my 3DS for that).

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I think I'm going to start it up again. Question: when you restart the game anew, do you lose the events and event cards (I think Yellow forest was an event) and I don't want to lose it just in case.

Years
  • I think I'm going to start it up again. Question: when you restart the game anew, do you lose the events and event cards (I think Yellow forest was an event) and I don't want to lose it just in case.

Google is your friend.
    This time though, I am lol. I checked few sites and it seems like you do, since with restarting the game you will consequently have to resync the pokewalker and therefore (probably) lose all the data.
    I checked only few sites so be sure to search for the answer yourself just to be sure.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • If I still had mine, I would. I loved it. It was really cool and fun to use. But sadly, my washer ate mine and destroyed it. Still sad that I never really got to use it like I wanted. :c

Tek

Years
  • Since summer '13 I've racked up 4 million steps and over 200 rare candies so... Yeah I use mine a bit.

And @ warsmith, yes, you will lose all your watts, steps, and routes when you start a new game. If there's a route you don't want to lose access to, you can keep a pokemon in the walker, start a new game without retrieving the pokemon, and then use only the "receive gift" function instead of "return from stroll".

I already have a Xatu that I've permanently assigned to Sinnoh Field for gathering rare candies :]

Back